"you Can't Handle The Truth!"

Remove this Banner Ad

kaysee

Rising From The Ashes
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Jul 30, 2001
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
"I want the truth." - Tom
"YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!" - Jack

Ahh great movie and performances with some great scripting.

There is another line in this movie's courtroom scene with Big Bad Jack. Jack gives a speil along the lines of how he takes offence at how his soldiers provide the security blanket under which they sleep. I can't recall the exact words, but this had me thinking about the following.

1st up I am NOT pro-american, I can't stand Bush and the overall American arrogance, however I am in favour of ousting Saddam Hussien and this regime. I would rather this all happen with the support of the UN but I lost confidence in the UN about 6 years ago and as Princess Armidala would say "I move for a vote of No-Confidence".

Ok onto the actual point of the post and getting back to Jack's lines. Seeing all the Peace rallies carried out about the world against the war (SIDENOTE:- why is there always to figures to how many people attend these rallies... 1- Police say one number 2- Organisers always say about twice as many as the police say). I find it a bit amazing how these protesters seem to forget that it is only because of the free society in which they live allows them to protest. I can never recall such Peace protests occuring within Iraq when Saddam's regime performed genocide on his own people. I never recall any mass protests against him using chemical weapons on the Iraqi kurds in the North. This is because protesters would have been promptly executed.

I suppose what I want to say is that it is easy for us free people to come and protest for peace here in our free countries. Yet how many of these peace protesters were willing to go and protest for peace in Iraq when Saddam was at 'war' with his own people? No doubt there are millions of people in Iraq who also want peace but unfortunately they haven't been able to voice their views for 20 years let alone have peace.

Most people in the world actually desire peace. Unfortunately Suddam Hussien isn't one of them. If he did he would fall completely into line with the UN.

That was my 2 cents worth.
SKC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back