Your favourite comedian.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitch Hedberg.
Bill Bailey.
Ben Elton.

Rowan Atkinson's stand up skits crack me up.
[youtube]ihfieZBWT_E[/youtube]

Dave O'Doherty is excellent, Billy Connolly is still the king, What I've seen of Dylan Moran is great, love the show Mock the Week which has some great comedians on it.

Does Rowan do great comedy other than his Mr. Bean?

Emo Phillips had some great sketches. I used to love listening to him on the late, lamented Laugh Radio.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone heard of:

Russell Peters: Never laughed harder in my laugh, a bit 18+ (if you're offended by racial stereotypes and swearing)
Kevin Hart: Damn funny also a bit 18+ (some of his stuff is swearing and dirty)

A bit more well known:
Arj Barker: Always laugh at the Lance Armstrong's GOT BALL! joke on The Bounce
Stephen K. Amos: Very funny.
Craig Ferguson: Has his own late night show, but stand up is pretty damn funny too.

Went to Stephen Merchant's show a couple of weeks back when he was in Perth and he was brilliant. I was a little unsure of what he would be like live on stage but he had the crowd in stitches.

Yeh I went to Merchant's show in Sydney the other week and it was very good. I had already seen much of the material but watching the comedy performed live really does give it such a different edge. So much so that I was still really enjoying hearing stuff I had already heard before. Part of that comes down to the quality of performance and material of course but seeing it live is just such a different experience to watching the DVD or on youtube.

His warm up act was pretty solid too. Can't quite remember his name, some Australian guy called Luke Higgett or something.

I was wondering if anyone remmbers Eliot Goblet. Very funny bloke.
Yep. Looks a bit like Denton and sounds like Steven Wright with his deadpan delivery. I'll never forget this gag of his:
I used to hate coming home to a sink full of dirty dishes. So I had the bottom of my sink lowered.

Not sure if he has been mentioned yet but i really love Neil Hamburger. American but now lives in Darwin. His main act is just to get people to heckle him. His jokes are bad too. He is not for everyone but once you get what he is trying to do it is pretty funny.
Bands use him to warm up the crowd. He literally bags the band coming on and gets the crowd sucked in beautifully. Will upload a video later as i don't have access to youtube at work.

Apart from him George Carlin is without a doubt my favorite. Just an immortal man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back