80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
I played at Melb Airport GC today with my older brother who plays off 32 or something, never have a problem beating him lol. Not only did I lose, I got smashed. Never played so poorly and the sibling rivalry makes it so hard when you lose as well :$

Only highlight of the day was on like the 16th with a very. very strong wind in my back I middled a drive that went around 325 metres. The proceeded to put a 9iron into bunker and on down slope and s**t bunkers too (im very bitter ;)), then out of the bunker and into the opposite side bunker and almost walked off at that stage haha.

Funny game...

When I hit my 44, and 46 two weeks ago, both rounds featured 18 putts

Today, I have 15 putts and card 50...when one part of my game improves, others fall behind

I'll keep at it!

Funny game...

When I hit my 44, and 46 two weeks ago, both rounds featured 18 putts

Today, I have 15 putts and card 50...when one part of my game improves, others fall behind

I'll keep at it!

Counting putts can be VERY misleading

Eg:
9 holes
If i missed 9 greens in reg but was on the fringe and chipped close each time i could potentially have 9 putts.

Wow I'm putting well.

Best stats for ME are putrs - 6ft and inside, how many i make/miss.
And how many fairways i find off the tee

Eg:
9 holes
If i missed 9 greens in reg but was on the fringe and chipped close each time i could potentially have 9 putts.

Wow I'm putting well.

Best stats for ME are putrs - 6ft and inside, how many i make/miss.
And how many fairways i find off the tee

Yeah that is true

But today I was well better with the putt and horrendous with most irons

Yeah that is true

But today I was well better with the putt and horrendous with most irons

agreed stats can be misleading. but in the end if it gives you a sense of your game, use it so long as your criteria/parameters are consistent. :thumbsu:

The National Old course this morning. An unforgiving place

agreed stats can be misleading. but in the end if it gives you a sense of your game, use it so long as your criteria/parameters are consistent. :thumbsu:

The National Old course this morning. An unforgiving place

Get out early before the wind and sun

Eg:
9 holes

Screw you guys---means I am putting damn well!!! ;)

Little AC has first of 5 tournaments from this weekend into early November to close out the year. Controls his own destiny and doesn't need to rely on any help (at least at the moment).

I see you guys have been battling crap weather but it has been mid-summer like here and will be a perfect day Saturday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The National - Ocean.
Stroke
Windy
Overcast
10 on the first hole Par 5. Into greenside bunker for 3. Smashed it out, albeit with no sand henceforth skied way over the back into trecherous rought/tussuck/s**t. Many shots thereafter.

Chipping? Except for lobs it doesnt exist. Experimenting with a hybrid bump and run which is fun.

100 off the stick with a few lost balls. a 10 certainly doesnt help.

36 around the lakes 9 at Beacon Hills this arvo - took 65 minutes (got held up behind a pair in a cart ffs)

Playing in the KOTH (King of the Hills) Competition tomorrow at Beacon Hills - 27 holes in a day. My legs are aching already

KOTH ..king of the hills is done n dusted

Walking 27 holes is fun, said no-one ever

123 gross for a 110 nett,

Gross winner was 112 (actually surprised by this given there was 14 players with a 2 or below handicap in a field of 116)

Drove solid
Wedges were shitful
Putted pretty well

Lost teams event (total nett score of all 4) on a 3way countback

I'm sore!

I shot 84/73 par 69 at Oakwood Park in Bundaberg on Tuesday. Fell apart on the back 9 and par 3's were shite.
Back at home today at City Golf Club in Toowoomba and had 35 points. No washes but one pointers on 17 and 18 and then 7, 8 and 9 to finish ****ed me!

108 today, 3 pars, 2 bogeys, and a fair chunk of s**t!

Got a charity day 4BBB coming up at Barnbougle Dunes in 3 weeks time. Last team event we played, we hit 7 birdies and 11 pars off the stick to shoot 64/55, which was good for 3rd!

Little AC made 4 foot putt on 9 for par and the win outright. Shot 39, had been 2 back with 4 left.

Started bogey/bogey and his tee shot on Par 5 third hole was headed way right when it went into the tree line and ricochet back into the middle of the damn fairway.

I told him he probably ought to take that break and turn it into something the rest of the way.

Felt for the boy he caught/passed...he was playing his best golf most of the way and then the situation kinda got to him. Although, little AC made some stellar shots down the stretch to put the heat on.

Next one is in a couple weeks for little AC.

36 points today playing off 13. Let's just say that 41 points shouldn't have won it. I am playing good golf without the mental fortitude or appropriate decision making to take my game to the next level.

36 points today playing off 13. Let's just say that 41 points shouldn't have won it. I am playing good golf without the mental fortitude or appropriate decision making to take my game to the next level.

Curiosity question.

Others you played with, what handicaps are they?

Curiosity question.

Others you played with, what handicaps are they?
Today they were 34, 27 and 25. I am glad you asked this question as I was thinking about this this morning. I rang up early today to put my name down and they said there was a spot at 2 different times. I asked who had the lowest handicaps. He said they were similar so I played with the friendlier group.

Today they were 34, 27 and 25. I am glad you asked this question as I was thinking about this this morning. I rang up early today to put my name down and they said there was a spot at 2 different times. I asked who had the lowest handicaps. He said they were similar so I played with the friendlier group.

Far easier to stay mentally in tune when playing with better players imo.

Far easier to stay mentally in tune when playing with better players imo.

Its really a question to which there's no definitive answer. I like Lebbos comment re: friendlier group. I myself play "better" when the group is friendly and engaging. Having said that I think all my time at The National I have only a handful of bad experiences with players - dickheads, unfriendly....

I see your comment re: better players, let's say single digit hcs. I feel you mean that less likely to spray balls everywhere hence spending time finding, or waiting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back