Cups WR​

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Angels
Got a club fitting session tomorrow. Actually kind of nervous about it...don’t want to hit it like sh*t.
If it's anything like every recreational club player fit I've ever seen it won't matter how you hit it. They'll fit a set to correct your flaws (as best they can).

It's like crack cocaine for the retail golfer.

Dhoni Dakurri

Cancelled
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Let us know how it went.

Fitting went well. Was super thorough - tried a heap of shafts with different profiles, lengths, weights. The whole session was done on 6 irons. I wasn’t hitting it great but it was consistent - a push 7/8 yards or so right. Eventually got to an awesome match up where I didn’t even have to try and hit hard and was getting 15 yards on my current numbers, and straight. The brand head I got matched up with is this relatively unknown American brand. Can’t remember the name. Felt like butter. Now to waiting for the price of having them made...

What’s the process of joining a second club?

do you still keep your original club as your “home” club? And does your golf link number transfer over too so you still have the one handicap?

Jun 29, 2004
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton

do you still keep your original club as your “home” club? And does your golf link number transfer over too so you still have the one handicap?
Pretty sure you can just let the new club you're joining that you already have a golflink # and then you can either let them transfer it over or tell them you'll keep the other club as your 'home' club.

Yes,
You'll keep your GL

Pretty sure you can just let the new club you're joining that you already have a golflink # and then you can either let them transfer it over or tell them you'll keep the other club as your 'home' club.

this

Yes,
You'll keep your GL

that

then on mi score app just add another club

Dhoni Dakurri

Cancelled
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Anyone playing with custom built clubs that have been fit for you? What’s the kind of price range I should be expecting to see for an iron set from a fitting you reckon?

Last edited:
First 9 today I was smoking driver but do you think I could hit a green? 15 points.
Back 9 the driver was putrid -20 points.
What a game!

Anyone playing with custom built clubs that have been fit for you? What’s the kind of price range I should be expecting to see for an iron set from a fitting you reckon?
Depending on your level of play mate?
Personally I think it’s pointless unless you’re very consistent in your game I haven’t bought a set for about 5 years but I’m thinking maybe $2-2.5k if you do?
I did and since then my handicap has gone from 10 to 14 but that’s not the clubs fault!

Mizunos
About 230-250 per iron

Dhoni Dakurri

Cancelled
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Played Mount Lawley as a visitor today. Shot 95. Thought I played my best ever golf in the middle of the round. Driver was great first 9. Putting was solid. Got tired towards the end and started spraying them off the tee a little, and duffed a few pitch outs from the trees.

iDon

Find me on the Golf Board
Jan 30, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Got out on Dunes yesterday afternoon and loved it. For most of the round we were playing in ridiculous wind. But with that I played possibly my best round ever.

44 front 9, 20 points and hit some of best irons I would've. Blew up on the back 9 with 3 holes in a row but finished 91 and 36 points. Should've probably been 86-87.

Highlight of the day was Driving the front bunker 4th hole with my four iron (nice tail wind). To finish the hole off we won't discuss.

I'm a handicap of 18 so to play the way I did, with the wind out there just gave me hope I can play proper golf.

Now to be able to use a driver on every hole instead of just hitting my four iron.

Back