80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Really? How does it all fit? What brand/model is it I'm keen to scope out online. Are these common? (golf + clothing bags)
It's just a big travel bag bud.
Pack it and your clubs/clothes

Assuming you have 20 or 25kg luggage

Really? How does it all fit? What brand/model is it I'm keen to scope out online. Are these common? (golf + clothing bags)

AS toxic said, its a really big bag. Lay a golf bag in it, heaps of room all around it. Also, wrap towels around the clubs to form a buffer and keep them from knocking each other. Stuff as much stuff inside the travel bag. There's sometimes pockets there too.

$80 to $120 max.
As a once in a lifetime experience to play at one of them i would probably pay up to $150 (maybe $200 for Royal Melbourne)

As good as some of those courses may be, Melbourne and its surronds has enough decent golf courses around that you can play a quality course for a decent price.

As a once in a lifetime experience to play at one of them i would probably pay up to $150 (maybe $200 for Royal Melbourne)

As good as some of those courses may be, Melbourne and its surronds has enough decent golf courses around that you can play a quality course for a decent price.
Yeah I probably would fork out more for RM, Kingston Heath and maybe Metro and PK (cause they look pretty good) but not the others.

It's just a big travel bag bud.
Pack it and your clubs/clothes

Assuming you have 20 or 25kg luggage
AS toxic said, its a really big bag. Lay a golf bag in it, heaps of room all around it. Also, wrap towels around the clubs to form a buffer and keep them from knocking each other. Stuff as much stuff inside the travel bag. There's sometimes pockets there too.
So effectively, big bag, pack a smaller say range bag or something in it, and then pack clothes around it? Do people do this?

Potentially then I might not need an additional suitcase for clothes, or I could put 2x sets of clubs in there and then just 1x normal suitcase so still only 2x pieces of luggage not 4.

This might just be crazy enough to work....

So effectively, big bag, pack a smaller say range bag or something in it, and then pack clothes around it? Do people do this?

Potentially then I might not need an additional suitcase for clothes, or I could put 2x sets of clubs in there and then just 1x normal suitcase so still only 2x pieces of luggage not 4.

This might just be crazy enough to work....
My experience is you get what you pay for. Don’t go the cheapest. My clubs and shoes weigh 12kg. I have a carry bag, not cart.

BTW guys, how much in your opinion would be an acceptable amount to pay green fee wise at one of the "sandbelt" courses?
As a Royal H member with reciprocal rights to RM, we still pay $100, I think the same for Peninsula now too.
I’ve paid $350 with lunch to play RM (West) in an organised golf day.
I think $150 for KH? National was $250 as an interstate visitor (no member) when l played a couple of years ago.
Barnbougle is $100 at least.
Metro is one course I’d pretty much pay whatever to play. I’ve played the rest but would expect between $100-$200 if not with a member.

As a Royal H member with reciprocal rights to RM, we still pay $100, I think the same for Peninsula now too.
I’ve paid $350 with lunch to play RM (West) in an organised golf day.
I think $150 for KH? National was $250 as an interstate visitor (no member) when l played a couple of years ago.
Barnbougle is $100 at least.
Metro is one course I’d pretty much pay whatever to play. I’ve played the rest but would expect between $100-$200 if not with a member.
Harsh of RM to charge reciprocal guests. Still $100 is good value for one of the best courses in the world.

Harsh of RM to charge reciprocal guests. Still $100 is good value for one of the best courses in the world.
Yeah i kinda agree. its a reciprocal arrangement....but then again if RM charge RH members a fee, then one may surmise RH do the same for RM members?

I think we Paddy (National) offer a fantastic deal. Full guest fee for the first 18, and half price for the second 18 if rounds played on the same day.

Best deal in town! (Sorry Chief )

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah i kinda agree. its a reciprocal arrangement....but then again if RM charge RH members a fee, then one may surmise RH do the same for RM members?

I think we Paddy (National) offer a fantastic deal. Full guest fee for the first 18, and half price for the second 18 if rounds played on the same day.

Best deal in town! (Sorry Chief )
It is a good deal for our guests.
Walking 36 in a day isn't for the faint of heart though.

I'm not as big a fan of metro as some.
Clear step below KH, Vic and RM West in my opinion. (Never played East)

Its flat. For one that's used to undulations and enjoys them as such it's kinda boring. But ya know, it's not an easy track that's for sure!

I dont mind RM East at all. From what i remember of it, and i played so poorly that day too haha.

We as Australians are truly blessed with the range and choice of golf courses in each state. Availability, proximity, cost. We are the best (that i know of)

Played 4bbb match play first round with a mate on the weekend we won 5up with 4 to go

Playing singles first round this weekend against a bloke off 6 I’m off 17 will be interesting

Played 4bbb match play first round with a mate on the weekend we won 5up with 4 to go

Playing singles first round this weekend against a bloke off 6 I’m off 17 will be interesting
where did you play your 4bbbmp?

he's giving you plenty of shots. Play your natural game and the rest will take care of itself.

BTW guys, how much in your opinion would be an acceptable amount to pay green fee wise at one of the "sandbelt" courses?
Not sure I understand the question PN.

If you were a US golfer I'd suspect you'd happily stump up AUD500 for RM West and AUD350 for KH. These are top 20/50 courses in the world and that's the going rate (the Bandon courses are all ~AUD350).

Barnbougle at AUD120 is the best value golf on earth (acknowledging that it's not a snack to get to).

Not sure I understand the question PN.

If you were a US golfer I'd suspect you'd happily stump up AUD500 for RM West and AUD350 for KH. These are top 20/50 courses in the world and that's the going rate (the Bandon courses are all ~AUD350).

Barnbougle at AUD120 is the best value golf on earth (acknowledging that you need to get there).

Asking posters here how much is an acceptable and or appropriate amount in their opinion to pay in order for a round at one of those courses (sandbelt)

Its flat. For one that's used to undulations and enjoys them as such it's kinda boring. But ya know, it's not an easy track that's for sure!

I dont mind RM East at all. From what i remember of it, and i played so poorly that day too haha.

We as Australians are truly blessed with the range and choice of golf courses in each state. Availability, proximity, cost. We are the best (that i know of)
I think Trump's Turnberry is £400 and Royal County Down is £250+ per round. Would you pay $500-800 for a round of golf??? I don't think I would.

where did you play your 4bbbmp?

he's giving you plenty of shots. Play your natural game and the rest will take care of itself.

Playing both at Cranbourne

Definitely handicaps are the great equaliser key for me will be how I play on the holes where he doesn’t give me any shots

I think Trump's Turnberry is £400 and Royal County Down is £250+ per round. Would you pay $500-800 for a round of golf??? I don't think I would.

I had rounds practically booked at pebble, spyglass and the links last year. And was trying LA country haha - wouldve cost me most of my organs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back