80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Played today. 32 points (17/15) with 4 washes. Such a frustrating day. Massive lapses in concentration ended up costing me. I made so many silly mistakes.

I was pretty good off the tee. Irons improving. Putting was really good. Bunkers were reasonable bar 2 (I was in about 5).

20-100m out was where I dropped most of my shots today. I tried to be cute a few times when there was no need (I had plenty of green to work with)...ended up costing me washes.

Learnt today that the course marshall is off +3.

Played Saturday in the Monthly Medal. The pins and tees were obviously set up tough. I shot 88/72. DSR was 71. Par 70 with a slope of 133. I felt like I played well but my mental approach cost me again. Plus, poor club selection and bad touch around the greens was telling.

Played Saturday in the Monthly Medal. The pins and tees were obviously set up tough. I shot 88/72. DSR was 71. Par 70 with a slope of 133. I felt like I played well but my mental approach cost me again. Plus, poor club selection and bad touch around the greens was telling.

Was listening to Matt Griffin this morning.

He believes anyone with a handicap of 12-16 who had a pro caddy them for a month wiuld be off single figures after a month.
Purely through course management and club selection

He believes anyone with a handicap of 12-16 who had a pro caddy them for a month wiuld be off single figures after a month.

I've had a playing lesson twice. On the second occasion the pro told me what shot he wanted me to hit and gave me advice on club selection. Opens your eyes to how simple golf can be if you have someone who isn't at all invested giving you instructions.

I heard the same interview!!!!!!! loved it!

I've had a playing lesson twice. On the second occasion the pro told me what shot he wanted me to hit and gave me advice on club selection. Opens your eyes to how simple golf can be if you have someone who isn't at all invested giving you instructions.

i wanna do it. from memoriy its $200 for 9 holes.

incidentally, what golf podcasts do you listen to? i to the clubhouse and chasing birdies

I heard the same interview!!!!!!! loved it!

i wanna do it. from memoriy its $200 for 9 holes.

incidentally, what golf podcasts do you listen to? i to the clubhouse and chasing birdies

Didn't know there are golf podcasts

Griff and his search for 5-10 metres on his "straight" drives.

I noticed today that I have DG S300 shafts on my irons (I think S refers to stiff??). I was fitted for them but I have a slower swing speed than most (I play b330rxs balls). I thought stiff shafts were better for faster swing speeds?

I noticed today that I have DG S300 shafts on my irons (I think S refers to stiff??). I was fitted for them but I have a slower swing speed than most (I play b330rxs balls). I thought stiff shafts were better for faster swing speeds?

I have the same shafts in my Mizunos

Never been fitted, just know i needed stiff shafts

I have the same shafts in my Mizunos

Never been fitted, just know i needed stiff shafts

What kinds of people play stiff shafts? I was surprised to find out that I play them. I thought with my slower swing I would have reg flex or something like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What kinds of people play stiff shafts? I was surprised to find out that I play them. I thought with my slower swing I would have reg flex or something like that.

I have a pretty closed quick swing. Big compression impact on my irons.
Irons a 1/2 longer than norm. Im 6ft 2 fwiw

Can definitely agree with this. Played in a 27 hole event late last year - my brother is a trainee pro that plays off +2. I was playing ordinary through 18 and he came out and walked with our group for the last 9 holes. Shot +1 for the final 9 off a handicap of 10.

Absolutely - they might have to deliver the schooners to us down in the creek!

That place usually puts the brush through us after an arvo of betting at the Star
(Golf??? What golf?)

Love the creek.

Plenty of "scenery " available as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back