80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
I shot 86/71 today. Par 70 with the same DSR. Slope was 130. I had 3 triples and a double bogey. A triple on 16 and 17 killed me.

Played Ringwood last Sunday, 93 off the stick, with 37 farking putts. Considering i was having acupuncture on my lower back just so i could play the day before, could have been worse.

I have the putting YIPS bad at the moment though, last two rounds have been.

Midlands Ballarat 95 with 35 putts and Ringwood 93 with 37 putts.

Played Ringwood last Sunday, 93 off the stick, with 37 farking putts. Considering i was having acupuncture on my lower back just so i could play the day before, could have been worse.

I had the yips real bad from about mid 2012 through to mid 2014. I reckon it was caused from stress and anxiety from work and life issues. Plus, drinking energy drinks made it worse. I have mostly given up on the caffeine and I have put a Fatso grip on the putter. Not to mention that I don't work in the same job anymore and I play more golf.

sorry to hear about your back mate. worst thing for golfers. hope youre ok bud.

if you think about it, 37 putts is 2 a hole. is it that bad?

ringwood. dont mind the place, cut me teeth there before hitting comp golf...

sorry to hear about your back mate. worst thing for golfers. hope youre ok bud.

if you think about it, 37 putts is 2 a hole. is it that bad?

ringwood. dont mind the place, cut me teeth there before hitting comp golf...

Acupuncture has made some small improvement, so all good mate.

Yeh 2 putts a hole doesn't sound bad, but when you see the one's i'm missing, it is very ordinary.

Ringwood was in pretty good nick, just the clown holding the club made a lot of stuff ups.

Last edited:
You should probably aim to average 32-34 putts imo. I'd be disappointed with 37. Best round I've ever recorded (usually only monthly medal days) was 24 putts. Couldn't do a thing wrong that day.

I'm probably strange in the fact that I often prefer to be above the hole. Often i'll have more problems judging the pace putting uphill than I do judging the line and pace going downhill.

Acupuncture has made some small improvement, so all good mate.

Yeh 2 putts a hole doesn't sound bad, but when you see the one's i'm missing, it is very ordinary.

Ringwood was in pretty good nick, just the clown holding the club made a lot of stuff ups.
I have been having acupuncture every four weeks for the last 8 months. Now I am out to every six weeks. It has really done wonders for me. It is hard to play good golf with a crook back.

played Ocean today. Stroke. World of pain. Found Pete Thompsons fairway traps so many times and with so much heat and wind this there was barely any sand in some u couldnt get out easily. f u thompson.

think 100 off the stick. maybe 1 lost ball, but chipping was atrocious and aside from a 17m putt from off the green and an 8m putt in off the green on 2 of first 3 holes it was a sorry day.

9 holes at corowa.

Only 42 degrees for 38 shots and 7 beers

Nasty nasty nasty but played well.

Now for some serious drinking
What 9? Not much shade 1-9 but bit more 10-27 perhaps half a degree cooler and beers staying cooler for a nanosecond longer. 19-27 is the best 9 in my humble opinion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What 9? Not much shade 1-9 but bit more 10-27 perhaps half a degree cooler and beers staying cooler for a nanosecond longer. 19-27 is the best 9 in my humble opinion

19-27

Love it and agree, best 9 up here

Anyone know where to go to get a shaft shortened? and what price id be looking at?

I haven't hit a driver in over 3 weeks now, just hitting a utility club off the tee, however I feel like if I had a shorter shaft in the driver I would be far more consistent.

I know I would be better off getting lessons but I just don't have the $$$ for that.

Anyone know where to go to get a shaft shortened? and what price id be looking at?

I haven't hit a driver in over 3 weeks now, just hitting a utility club off the tee, however I feel like if I had a shorter shaft in the driver I would be far more consistent.

I know I would be better off getting lessons but I just don't have the $$$ for that.

any golf store can shorten for you. Or they at least send it back to manufacturer to do.

9 holes at corowa.

Only 42 degrees for 38 shots and 7 beers

Nasty nasty nasty but played well.

Now for some serious drinking

36 holes over 2 days at Bright in similar weather.
Course was in magnificent shape - same cannot be said for me at the conclusion of the round.
The heat/humidity was oppressive and none of it was enjoyable. Nasty indeed and nearly as bad as playing in Thailand.
Cramping in places I didn't think was possible on Sat arvo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back