80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Its interesting, this morning i saw plenty of walkers and riders and dogs on the streets. When the corona is done, i wonder if the walking will continue.
For past 3 weeks I've basically worked from home.
Haven't had takeaway at all.
Walked or ridden a bit and I've dropped nearly 5kgs

For past 3 weeks I've basically worked from home.
Haven't had takeaway at all.
Walked or ridden a bit and I've dropped nearly 5kgs

Thats great!
ive been at work. i thought maccas etc was the way to go because

1) easy to get
2) support the economy
3) keep their workers in a job

but for some reason im eating food purchased from coles/woolies on the weekly shop instead. healthy that is.

Do you reckon people will just freebie round courses if they close?
Yes

Mate of mine refers to it as him doing his golf course security round.
Keeping the vandals off the course whilst he patrols 9 holes

Played Llaherne down here near Hobart airport today(which didn't have any flights today). It wasn't that busy. every course has cancelled their comps, but social golf still a thing down here.

Max groups of 2 now. Might finally be able to play quick golf.......the courses are barely hanging on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just don’t understand... it’s probably the perfect sport for social distancing. Why can’t we continue to play as pairs?
I felt this too at first, but it comes to a point where we need to do everything we can for each other and largely that means staying home unless you need to do otherwise. Sadly, golf is a beautiful luxury, but we don't need it. There are plenty of ways to exercise carry no extra risk, while golf unfortuantely still carries some risk.

Instead of asking "why can't we?", it might be time we asked "what can I do more to help?".

I just don’t understand... it’s probably the perfect sport for social distancing. Why can’t we continue to play as pairs?
I guess because unfortunately, even after the media saturation and pleading by politicians and health experts, there's still people who don't think it's serious or follow the simple rules. Like so many things, the majority suffers for the stupidity and ignorance of a few.
Time for us to stay indoors and practice our short game.

Thing is what we've learned since the outbreak is that people will apply any reason, with or without logic, to justify their own means. I agree golf is a pursuit that can apply social distancing and more. Its the perfect game for it. then look at footy, people complaining about its hiatus citing mental health and "doctors say its safe to play". one mike shehan even went so far as to say it should be allowed to go ahead because it lifts peoples spirits. wtf?r

I'm gonna try and head out for a socially distanced round today with my wife. I was hoping to submit this round as my forst social handicap round. My wife has a golflink number, but no handicap. Does anyone know if she can sign my cards? Any other options? I'm not going to dodge the system here, I'm perfectly happy with whatever handicap I end up with, I don't play any comps and it's entirely for me and something I want to track myself, but I find the instructions on how to submit cards very unclear. I'm with FutureGolf and nominated today as a round.
Playing with the wife.... ah memories.
About 16-17 years ago I bought the missus some clubs what a great idea I thought! We can spend time together and she can stop giving me grief about playing golf.. Hod I played a 1/5th of the amount I do now!
But ah... yeah let’s just say it didn’t go too well I threw them in the drink midway through our third round together!
$100 odd bucks down the drain but It was well worth it!
She actually pissed herself laughing.

I guess because unfortunately, even after the media saturation and pleading by politicians and health experts, there's still people who don't think it's serious or follow the simple rules. Like so many things, the majority suffers for the stupidity and ignorance of a few.
Time for us to stay indoors and practice our short game.
Exactly. Unfortunately you have to cater to the most stupid in these situations and that’s a pretty low bar. I saw some unbelievable selfish and dumb things from golfers during last weeks modified rules.
Also a president of a GC told me to tell any mates thinking of sneaking on to a course for a hit it’s a $1500 fine to the person!

Exactly. Unfortunately you have to cater to the most stupid in these situations and that’s a pretty low bar. I saw some unbelievable selfish and dumb things from golfers during last weeks modified rules.
Also a president of a GC told me to tell any mates thinking of sneaking on to a course for a hit it’s a $1500 fine to the person!

good stuff.

I spoke with a number of members at my club recently. Asked if anyone would sneak on for a little hit hit. One of them actually lives on the course! He said he could walk on, but will not. That's discipline!

Do you reckon people will just freebie round courses if they close?
City Golf Club closed all club and golf facilities on Monday last week. I’m thinking about sneaking on at around 5:30am and quickly playing holes 3 to 8 and then hole 2 and then out the side fence and home. The other option is to play holes 5 to 8 and then 2 to 4 and sneak off through the fence and home. Decisions decisions.

Another option is to drive 30mins to Pittsworth (course is still open) and play golf. It’s a 9 hole golf course with different tees for the front and back 9. It would cost me $22 (they have an honesty box).

good stuff.

I spoke with a number of members at my club recently. Asked if anyone would sneak on for a little hit hit. One of them actually lives on the course! He said he could walk on, but will not. That's discipline!
How is government tyranny good stuff? We’ve all been brainwashed. No one shut down the world for H1N1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back