80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Working on the short game at Oakleigh. It's so true what people say that's where the money is made.
If you're good within 100 yards the game is really playable even without a heap of distance in your swing.
Bloke today could barely reach the green but all of his chips/pitch's were on the mark and he never 3 putt.

Last edited:
Working on the short game at Oakleigh. It's so true what people say that's where the money is made.
If you're good within 100 yards the game is really playable even with a heap of distance in your swing.
Bloke today could barely reach the green but all of his chips/pitch's were on the mark and he never 3 putt.
Super little track for that. In great condition considering the weather to.

91 at Glen Waverley this arvo. 50 on the first nine after a solid first 3 holes. Worst score for a while although was not disappointed at all as I was trying new things a lot along the way. Hit only 1 fairway with the driver but the misses were close and nothing out of control.
I played at GW over the weekend. Was a bog when I was there has the few sunny days dried it up a bit?

52 is a cricket score! - was that guy by himself or playing a 4ball with someone?? It's got Trump written all over it!
35 to players to 19

I've sadly seen it before

Handicap will be down to 27ish I'd suggest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

35 to players to 19

I've sadly seen it before

Handicap will be down to 27ish I'd suggest
My first handicap was about 23 back in the early 90s up at Benalla....I was down to 12 within a year. Fair to say I pissed off plenty of the old timers playing in the Wed mid week comp. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

My first handicap was about 23 back in the early 90s up at Benalla....I was down to 12 within a year. Fair to say I pissed off plenty of the old timers playing in the Wed mid week comp. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

We come back to earth quickly! I started off in the mid-low 30s at National. Good times

You mainly play tough courses...Do you score heaps better on easier tracks?
Good question scrappy. Not necessarily, although it is a common perception that X playing on hard tracks score better on "easier" ones. I say "easier" with "" because there's no such thing as an easy course. haha. More forgiving perhaps.

I say scoring (all things being equal) comes with familiarity. So if i was to go to glen waverley gc i may struggle - fairways and greens different! etc.

Good question scrappy. Not necessarily, although it is a common perception that X playing on hard tracks score better on "easier" ones. I say "easier" with "" because there's no such thing as an easy course. haha. More forgiving perhaps.

I say scoring (all things being equal) comes with familiarity. So if i was to go to glen waverley gc i may struggle - fairways and greens different! etc.
I wonder how much local course knowledge actually equates to shots saved? Be interesting to know what people think. I prefer playing the same courses...with the odd different one from time to time to spice things up a bit.

I wonder how much local course knowledge actually equates to shots saved? Be interesting to know what people think. I prefer playing the same courses...with the odd different one from time to time to spice things up a bit.
Massive difference for me.

Playing with holes with familiar pin placements and knowing breaks on greens I estimate is worth 3-5 shots a round

Hmmm very suspect.....

I play off anywhere between 18-20 depending on the course. Id love to play consistently to 19 some days!
20 to odd years ago I had a social club handicap of 25.
Had 50 odd play every month and handicaps were worked out as per regs.
I had 50 points one Sunday morning around Royal and Ancient Drouin.
Pure was all round, it happens

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back