80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
That's meant to be a beautiful and well kept course, open to the public too I believe.
Yep I love Waterford it just didn't hold up as well as I thought it would. Still definitely one of the better public courses in metro Melbourne I believe. Albert park only 9 holes today. Didn't tell me over the phone that they're only allowing players to play 9 but apparently thats there new policy.

Yep I love Waterford it just didn't hold up as well as I thought it would. Still definitely one of the better public courses in metro Melbourne I believe. Albert park only 9 holes today. Didn't tell me over the phone that they're only allowing players to play 9 but apparently thats there new policy.
Pretty much everywhere now. I think its to allow more people to get a game and also to stop groups congregating in between the front and back 9 queue ups at 9 hole courses.

For 18 hole courses if they are going to restrict to 9 max for groups of 2 then it makes sense to use the front and back 9 so that more people can get on course.

The COVID golf boom is great for courses, but no so much for golfers. Its now nearly impossible to get a decent timeslot on the day of without booking ahead.

Pretty much everywhere now. I think its to allow more people to get a game and also to stop groups congregating in between the front and back 9 queue ups at 9 hole courses.

For 18 hole courses if they are going to restrict to 9 max for groups of 2 then it makes sense to use the front and back 9 so that more people can get on course.

The COVID golf boom is great for courses, but no so much for golfers. Its now nearly impossible to get a decent timeslot on the day of without booking ahead.
Waterford is very similar to the old Kingston Links that was just around the corner in Rowville. Pity it is gone. I used to love that place.

Waterford is very similar to the old Kingston Links that was just around the corner in Rowville. Pity it is gone. I used to love that place.
Its not too far from my house, unfortunately I discovered there was a public driving range there way too late just when it was closing.

Its not too far from my house, unfortunately I discovered there was a public driving range there way too late just when it was closing.
Yeah when I used to frequent ranges I used that one when there was a northerly wind....and MGA when it was south/west. Hated leaving ranges not hitting well and wind can do that to you!

Welcome to a journey of pain and love!!

What is your hc, and club?

Thanks, I’ve been experiencing the pain and love on and off over the years as a very casual golfer but with no footy and getting to the end of my footy career I thought I’d take the plunge and get into it a bit more!

I’m in North East Victoria, play at Jubilee Golf Club just outside of Wangaratta, very nice course but challenging!

Handicap of 20, think it’s a bit generous but we will see!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Signed up for the first time ever wanting to get serious and play more than 3 times a year . Already improved a lot from my first few practice rounds to the last round submitted for hc. Ended up with a 16.1 hc. Seems too low for me but first round with it today let’s see how this goes !

Signed up for the first time ever wanting to get serious and play more than 3 times a year . Already improved a lot from my first few practice rounds to the last round submitted for hc. Ended up with a 16.1 hc. Seems too low for me but first round with it today let’s see how this goes !
Just have fun

Handicap is a result, not a contributor

Great job. Good luck with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had -8 in par. Front 9 was -5 and was even on the back until the last 3 holes when - on each despite being in good early positions.

Enjoyable round though. Our club is only playing par now for handicap scoring to speed up the rounds so we can fit more groups in with the groups of 2. Was slow today though people obviously not picking up when they were supposed to .

Booked Eagle Ridge for Friday. Never played there how is it?
Think i played there some 20 years ago or something. Maybe 15. Anyway, sorry cant remember anything about it.

Are you doing this?

Booked Eagle Ridge for Friday. Never played there how is it?
Off the back markers it had a slope rating of 150 odd.

Was rated toughest course in Victoria (maybe oz) when slope ratings came out.

It's a great track.
Some great par 3s

Enjoy 😁

Off the back markers it had a slope rating of 150 odd.

Was rated toughest course in Victoria (maybe oz) when slope ratings came out.

It's a great track.
Some great par 3s

Enjoy 😁
I do remember it being bloody difficult.

I haven’t played today or yesterday but the winner on Tuesday had 36pts with three others next on 33pts.
Today the winner had 33pts with another three the same.
It has been windy and cold though.

A friend of mine and I finished sixth in a 4BBB Stroke on Saturday. We’ve qualified for match play quarterfinals on Sunday morning. If we win the semi is at 12:30 the same day. The final is the following Sunday.
My partner was on the card on every hole. 😬

A friend of mine and I finished sixth in a 4BBB Stroke on Saturday. We’ve qualified for match play quarterfinals on Sunday morning. If we win the semi is at 12:30 the same day. The final is the following Sunday.
My partner was on the card on every hole. 😬

Doesnt matter how you win :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back