80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
I understand that part of it but for me i don't feel like it is worth the little bit less walking compared to carrying clubs for 18 holes.

I must say though i have seen more people carrying in the last year than i have ever seen before

admit i do use a buggy when playing at national. tho when buggies etc were banned due to covid i carried and found even tracking distances between green to tee on the first few holes wasnt an issue with bag on back. when im going a quick sneaky 9 at peninsula its carry time

The only time i would think about using a cart would be if there is a decent walk between every hole. But for me that is a golf course design fault, as a course should be first designed for walking

i like where your heads at.

The only time i would think about using a cart would be if there is a decent walk between every hole. But for me that is a golf course design fault, as a course should be first designed for walking
IMO carts should only be for the infirm, unless everyone has one. Nothing sh1ts me more than everyone walking but one group with carts charging up your backside.

IMO carts should only be for the infirm, unless everyone has one. Nothing sh1ts me more than everyone walking but one group with carts charging up your backside.
I get more annoyed when groups in carts are holding up people who are walking

So have signed up at Latrobe and have played quite a few rounds in the last couple of weeks. Have an official handicap now which is at 26. Did hand in my latest 3 cards and I have been rusty. Pre lockdown was consistently in the low 90s and broke 90 once but decided to hand in the recents and to work off that.

City Golf Club Toowoomba (my home club) has holes 1 to 3 and holes 8 & 9 mostly on the eastern side of a creek. This has a climb of approximately 15m from its low too high point.
The back 9 has a climb of approximately +30m. Do you care that I use a cart 50% of the time hawkman? 😃

City Golf Club Toowoomba (my home club) has holes 1 to 3 and holes 8 & 9 mostly on the eastern side of a creek. This has a climb of approximately 15m from its low too high point.
The back 9 has a climb of approximately +30m. Do you care that I use a cart 50% of the time hawkman? 😃
Can sort of understand it on hilly courses. If you backing up day after day after on it that would be tough. If it is a once a week round, if you are in any sort of shape, walk it

Probably not an easy question to answer - how does stableford points and handicap work? Ie: does a certain number of points equate to a 0.1 decrease in handicap?

I've been carrying exclusively for my whole golfing life. Fair to say I'm in the extreme minority doing that at the Nash.

extreme indeed. Not many do it at all. even at long island today i saw no one carrying except me (and thats when i looked in the mirror lol).

dont disagree, but dispensation must be given to the conditions also, ie heat, extreme rain etc.

if cart groups are behind you, they need and must understand the state of play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably not an easy question to answer - how does stableford points and handicap work? Ie: does a certain number of points equate to a 0.1 decrease in handicap?

36 points will drop your GA HC generally by .2-.3 after the formula is applied.

Things like Slope and Scratch rating are also things to take into account.

For those of you interested in the PGA tour and fancy a bit of fun

Have a look at this - 1st round commences today

Crap night sleep with an ear ache in the middle of the night, shanks reappeared again last evening, 8 lawns mowed this morning. Tee off in a couple of hours. Contact your bookies and load up on Scrappy junior to take his old man down for the second time.
I'll back scrappy snr (junior will wilt in the heat)

What odds can I get?

Crap night sleep with an ear ache in the middle of the night, shanks reappeared again last evening, 8 lawns mowed this morning. Tee off in a couple of hours. Contact your bookies and load up on Scrappy junior to take his old man down for the second time.
Funnily enough sometimes that is when you can play your best.

Or it could be a complete disaster

Webb Simpson shanks it all the time Scrappy. It's a good player's problem. Think nothing of this!

Am playing Portsea and Eagle Ridge next week for the first time, big step up from my usual courses, honestly I'll be happy if I break 110 from 18.

Any course tips?
Portsea greens, if they're cut for comp, oh my oh my

Remove this Banner Ad

Back