Your own little part of SUNS history

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
For autographs on items sold by the club, the price has gone up dramatically. Players recently done it for next to nothing as part of their 'club duties'. Now each player is paid $5 per item signed. This also extends out to items donated by the club and also prizes/giveaways/sponsorship awards.

Now, with 40odd players on a list and the price of the guernsey, it is going to cost a club $250+ to even get the guernsey made.

Putting that into perspective, the average fully signed ones on the SUNS auction page go for between $90-$250.

Sucks for the collectors like me, but I guess in the end, it's gonna be costing me more, but a lot less will be produced.

I'm not too sure of the deal with the match worn guernseys too. I think it is a certain percentage of the guernseys go back to the player (they never used to) so now they are going to be sold for a higher price if at all. :(

Chasing the Dream

I'm Matthew Campbell from Sportsbet
Brisbane Lions - Pearce Hanley Player Sponsor 2014 Brisbane Lions - Ryan Harwood 2011 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2012 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Daniel Merrett 2008 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Simon Black 2010 Player Sponsor
Sep 29, 2004
The GABBA is my home
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Jets, Padres, USC, Utah Jazz
Thanks SUNS for the information.

I too am an avid collector, I guess if the prices go up a little, so be it, I guess that wont stop me.. Suns Auctions have been pretty good to me so far.:)

Chasing the Dream

Brisbane Lions - Pearce Hanley Player Sponsor 2014 Brisbane Lions - Ryan Harwood 2011 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2012 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Daniel Merrett 2008 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Simon Black 2010 Player Sponsor
Sep 29, 2004
The GABBA is my home
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
I probably have about 8-10 Suns PI or match worn guernseys in my collection, a VFL match worn and a TAC Cup Retail version. Also picked up the initial guernsey they produced in the presentation box signed by McKenna. Doesn't rival your collection or Iva Bigun for sure, but not too bad for a Lions man:p

Hopefully both clubs can finish off 2013 well. Queensland footy needs both clubs performing, and I can see those days coming:thumbsu:

Chasing the Dream

Sep 29, 2004
The GABBA is my home
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Matera is an awesome get. I have Joey Daye's.

My Suns piece I was stoked to get was Alex Keith's 2011 warm up top. I hope he makes an Ashes century one day:p

Jun 10, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
:eek: suddenly you seem so much more handsome supernova_

Haha you goose. That year I actually had to hide it in the cupboard as I bought it as an engagement present to me from my wife to be at the time. After She got her ring, I got to get it out of the cupboard and thank her for me buying it haha. Anyway that's the story.

Now I'm trying to convince her to get the Jaeger one for my 30th bday later this month haha.

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
May or may not have added 5 match worns to my collection today

May or may not have also conned Big Red Machine into starting a small collection too :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't realise any auctions were on, every time I look at the auction page is says "no auctions at this time" it's saved me a fortune

GcSunsfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I didn't realise any auctions were on, every time I look at the auction page is says "no auctions at this time" it's saved me a fortune

Yeah they had them up on the auction site about a month ago, with a starting bid of $250 only one of them sold and that was Jack martin's. They have them all in the suns shop now for $50.

I had my name down for the charlie dixon & dion prestia one's, but went in this morning and they only has a dion prestia #10 clash guernsey.
The only ones they had that are worth mentioning are, Harley bennell, Rory Thompson, Trent mckenzie, Daniel Gorringe, Jared Brennan, all clash guernsey, they also had some home guernsey but can't remember the players they were all high number but.

Chasing the Dream

Sep 29, 2004
The GABBA is my home
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Just dropping in to see if anyone has information on the foundation members guernsey that they are making this year.

I paid my money quite a while ago and have heard nothing at this stage.. any idea when they are becoming available??

Thanks

Feb 27, 2005
Port Augusta
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
QPR
I only have aside from the normal merchandise, the round 23 2013 vs GWS match ball signed by the Suns
and Harley Bennell Player Spare inaugural guernsey.

Currently bidding on some stuff at the moment, wasnt the game where player names were trialed round 5? why does the auction site say round 4?

PREETY_FLY

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Suns
I only have aside from the normal merchandise, the round 23 2013 vs GWS match ball signed by the Suns

Currently bidding on some stuff at the moment, wasnt the game where player names were trialed round 5? why does the auction site say round 4?

Who u bidding on?
I thiught was rd 5

PREETY_FLY

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Suns

Lol u out bidded me for hunts one -_-

PREETY_FLY

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Suns
Russell, comes off very soon..
May and Hutchins at the moment, but they come off tomorrow.

I got outbid on Hunt aswell..
Yea my limit was 160. Was gonna have a crack at May but noticed you were leading.
I'm just gonna stick with sexton I think

Back