your top three guitarist's

Remove this Banner Ad

Robert Fripp is a wonderful guitarist that hasn't got much love in ths thread. Including from me.
Created some fantastic songs with his band King Crimson and works with some amazing artists such as Bowie, Gabriel, Blondie and Talking Heads.

The great Catherine Wheel have an amazing song called Fripp

Futter
McCabe
Corgan
Claypool

1. Mick Taylor
2. Duane Allman
3. Paul Kossoff

Honourable mentions to all of the following who could easily be included...

- Ritchie Blackmore
- Jimi Hendrix
- Pete Townshend
- Jeff Beck
- Peter Green
- Johnny Winter
- Eric Clapton (Bluesbreakers & Cream era)
- Dickie Betts

Jerry Cantrell - underrated innovative guitarist and a big influence on me and inspiring me to play and write. headbang.gif
Eddie van Halen - a freakin' nut. Seriously, who spends 12-16 hours a day on guitar!
George Lynch - (Dokken, Lynch Mob) awesome sound.
John Sykes - (Whitesnake, Blue Murder, Thin Lizzy) - his work on Whitesnake's 1987 album was just sublime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Picking 3 is ridiculous.

1. Hendrix. Still sends shivers down my spine.
2. Clapton. Only because of that sensational album with John Mayall and or course with Cream.
3. Beck. Saw him at the Palais Theatre a couple of times. Still got it. (btw check out his DVD at Ronnie Scott).

Saw Taylor play with Fleetwood and McVie in John Mayall's band. Blew me away. Saw him with the Stones as well. He was also awesome on the Get your ya yas out live album with the Stones. Him and Richards together, so so good.

On HTC 2PS5200 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Did you see him on the recent Stones tour, when he came out for "Midnight Rambler"...or when he was still in the band?

I saw the show in 2014.

I also saw him with his own band in either 1990 or 1991. Met him before and after the show. Had a few drinks with him. Really nice, humble guy.

Any live Stones material with Taylor is the peak of their performing career. Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out, The Brussels Affair, and the Ladies and Gentlemen DVD, are all must haves.

Have you heard that Roundhouse material from 1971?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back