Your upcoming gigs

Remove this Banner Ad

Just coming home from Motley/Leppard, both bands very good. The crowd !?!? * me, absolute disgrace.
Melbourne crowds used to add to the whole experience.
Shithouse. Embarrassing.

What was wrong with the crowd? Admittedly I generally hate the crowds at the big arena shows, a lot don't go to many shows and they sort of don't know "etiquette", I didn't notice anything really bad. Only thing I noticed was that heaps of people went up the wrong aisle near me (like 10 different groups) and had to walk across the whole section to get to their seat, maybe it was a dumb crowd ha ha

I went in with no expectations and I thought it was a great night (for 50 bucks in the nosebleeds anyway). Motley were a lot of fun, was surprised at how good Vince Neil was, I'd heard he was absolute dogs s**t these days, he's never been a great singer for mine anyway.

Was a bit cringeful when Tommy Lee got on the mic and was trying to get chicks to get their **** out, searching the crowd for **** and pointing them out to the cameraman. Also the stripper types they had dancing in stage with them, seemed a bit awkward, well it is Motley Crue of course.

Def Leppard were all class, still getting it done after all these years as well. Heaps of great tunes, I'm not a huge fan, they're a bit cheesy but good fun last night, plenty of the Hysteria album as you'd hope.

Also the bar was set very high by the guitar players, you wouldnt' see three better guitar players in one night than John 5, Phil Kollen and Vivian Campbell. John 5 is perfect for Motley Crue with his style, the dive bombing and squeals were on point and so crisp, he can pretty much play any style anyway though. Kollen is a star too, puts so much detail in his playing, adds a lot of little nuances to what was on the albums. Campbell didn't get much time to shine really but he's probably as good as the other guys too.

John5 is sensational.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He did a solo set in the middle, I'm gonna sound snobbish here but I feel the crowd didn't know what they were seeing, phenomenal stuff, dude has next level skills and felt like he didn't get many props.

Actually during the solo they had this ****ed up effect on the screens where it was rotating left and right, so basically you couldn't exactly see what he was playing which was incredibly frustrating. But yeah that dude is the man for sure, Crue got lucky he was available I reckon.

He did a solo set in the middle, I'm gonna sound snobbish here but I feel the crowd didn't know what they were seeing, phenomenal stuff, dude has next level skills and felt like he didn't get many props.

Actually during the solo they had this ****ed up effect on the screens where it was rotating left and right, so basically you couldn't exactly see what he was playing which was incredibly frustrating. But yeah that dude is the man for sure, Crue got lucky he was available I reckon.

I wasn’t there and haven’t seen or heard him with Crue but I’ve seen him a few times. He’s a bonafide guitar god.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What was wrong with the crowd? Admittedly I generally hate the crowds at the big arena shows, a lot don't go to many shows and they sort of don't know "etiquette", I didn't notice anything really bad. Only thing I noticed was that heaps of people went up the wrong aisle near me (like 10 different groups) and had to walk across the whole section to get to their seat, maybe it was a dumb crowd ha ha

I went in with no expectations and I thought it was a great night (for 50 bucks in the nosebleeds anyway). Motley were a lot of fun, was surprised at how good Vince Neil was, I'd heard he was absolute dogs s**t these days, he's never been a great singer for mine anyway.

Was a bit cringeful when Tommy Lee got on the mic and was trying to get chicks to get their ** out, searching the crowd for ** and pointing them out to the cameraman. Also the stripper types they had dancing in stage with them, seemed a bit awkward, well it is Motley Crue of course.

Def Leppard were all class, still getting it done after all these years as well. Heaps of great tunes, I'm not a huge fan, they're a bit cheesy but good fun last night, plenty of the Hysteria album as you'd hope.

Also the bar was set very high by the guitar players, you wouldnt' see three better guitar players in one night than John 5, Phil Kollen and Vivian Campbell. John 5 is perfect for Motley Crue with his style, the dive bombing and squeals were on point and so crisp, he can pretty much play any style anyway though. Kollen is a star too, puts so much detail in his playing, adds a lot of little nuances to what was on the albums. Campbell didn't get much time to shine really but he's probably as good as the other guys too.
Almost zero crowd interaction. Full of phone obsessives. Melbourne crowds were known for their passion and knowledge. None of that on show. iPhone generation, sad.

Almost zero crowd interaction. Full of phone obsessives. Melbourne crowds were known for their passion and knowledge. None of that on show. iPhone generation, sad.

I dunno if it's any different elsewhere, and also not sure if you're overrating the Melbourne crowd. I must admit I did think John 5's solo went unappreciated, i nearly s**t my pants it was that good ha ha

A lot of people filming it, that's pretty common these days. I did a 10 second Snapchat for my mates to show how far back i was sitting basically and that was it, not much point.

It’s not even just the younger generation doing it. There’s people 50+ years of age filming whole songs/concerts. A dude in front of me for Arctic Monkeys a whilst ago filmed the whole bloody thing!

At Bloc Party last weekend, a guy got to the front and proceeded to film the whole gig.

I honestly don’t know why - the sound is not great and you didn’t actually enjoy the moment.

It’s not even just the younger generation doing it. There’s people 50+ years of age filming whole songs/concerts. A dude in front of me for Arctic Monkeys a whilst ago filmed the whole bloody thing!

At Bloc Party last weekend, a guy got to the front and proceeded to film the whole gig.

I honestly don’t know why - the sound is not great and you didn’t actually enjoy the moment.
Spot on. Some bands ban phones for this reason. It’s pathetic and actually ruins it.

Coldplay last night. One of the best spectacles I’ve ever seen. Everyone was given a wristband on entry and they used it to make a light show that was epic. I’d highly recommend going purely for that aspect alone. There was a lot they didn’t play from their catalog and it was tailored towards recent stuff however.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coldplay last night. One of the best spectacles I’ve ever see. Everyone was given a wristband on entry and they used it to make a light show that was epic. I’d highly recommend going purely for that aspect alone. There was a lot they didn’t play from their catalog and it was tailored towards recent stuff however.
Not a massive Fan myself (took my 15yr old daughter), but that was a hell of a concert would see them again!!

Attachments

• IMG_0863.jpeg
    IMG_0863.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
Not a massive Fan myself (took my 15yr old daughter), but that was a hell of a concert would see them again!!
I like their older stuff but yeah it was a phenomenal gig!

Was a very young crowd in my opinion. I do wonder how many actually really liked their stuff and have only heard their recent offerings.

Was a very young crowd in my opinion. I do wonder how many actually really liked their stuff and have only heard their recent offerings.
I'd suspect many (most?) haven't heard much of their new stuff. They aren't a zeitgeist band any more, but the event was a pop culture event. Reckon plenty of young people were there to say they were there.

Is funny my daughter seems to like a lot of the old stuff I do (48yrs Young), she has developed a very wide range of music taste. Glad she hates modern rap and prefers the 80/90’s classics.
Can’t get her into Metal though!!

I'd suspect many (most?) haven't heard much of their new stuff. They aren't a zeitgeist band any more, but the event was a pop culture event. Reckon plenty of young people were there to say they were there.
Reckon that added to the chilled vibe was one of the calmest crowds I’ve seen was really chilled even right up the front.

Yeah I’d say that was the case. People from Perth are like that. I think alot of parents would maybe have taken their kids too.
Is funny my daughter seems to like a lot of the old stuff I do (48yrs Young), she has developed a very wide range of music taste. Glad she hates modern rap and prefers the 80/90’s classics.
Can’t get her into Metal though!!
Don’t blame her about the metal! 😉

I’d gather she enjoyed the older stuff because you’ve listened to it just like I did with my dad.

It looked impressive from the videos I saw on tiktok but that setlist is a shocker if you are a fan of the first half of their career.

No way I would be able to sit through them playing Fix You, their most overrated song probably.

It looked impressive from the videos I saw on tiktok but that setlist is a shocker if you are a fan of the first half of their career.

No way I would be able to sit through them playing Fix You, their most overrated song probably.
Probably something people don’t realise is bands, unless you are Fleetwood Mac for example, are going to tour their latest album so it will skewed towards that plus trying to fit in a mix of songs from previous album. They expect them to play all their hits.

I mean, it was called The Music of the Spheres tour, so that suggests there might be quite a few songs from that album.

Also, Fix You is from the first half of their career and one of their more popular songs.

I mean, it was called The Music of the Spheres tour, so that suggests there might be quite a few songs from that album.

Also, Fix You is from the first half of their career and one of their more popular songs.

I never liked that song at all, I gave that album a fair spin when it came out and thought it was better than what most of the critics were saying at the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back