Mod. Notice Zero tolerance for abuse - Read before posting on the board

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi All,

We have decided to go for a zero tolerance approach when it comes to abuse toward posters and mods (who volunteer their time to try to make this a better place). Why? There has been a lot of abuse going on, and as a result we are losing long time posters from the board, losing mods, losing new posters and currently have an environment in which many posters are reluctant to post. In fact some of the discussion has been described as toxic. We take some of the blame for this as what your willing to walk past is what you're willing to accept, but no longer.

So what constitutes abuse? Abuse is attacking/insulting the poster not the post. We don't care if they you have a strong opinion on a topic, but having a go at the poster is not on. AT ALL! This includes put downs and name calling for the sake of belittling another poster. It doesn't have to be foul language to qualify either.

How can you help:
  • Apply this rule and be respectful to others.
  • If you are abused or see abuse report it.
  • If you can't post without abusing then don't post.
If you have a problem with the stance the mod team are taking what can you do?
  • Suck it up and apply the rule.
  • Stop posting on the board if you can't respect the rules.
  • Keep posting abuse and be removed from the board until you agree to respect the rules.
How long will this go on? Until we have respectful discussion amongst all the posters on the board.

Mod Abuse: Any, and we mean any abuse to mods will get you a warning and removal from the board if it's goes too far. The mods on this board give up their time freely to try to make this place more enjoyable and some of the abuse to them recently was not just unacceptable but disgusting.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me for clarification.

Regards,
Mods

Last edited:

I’ve probably stepped over the line with oppo trolls particularly post loss. Will this sort of stuff (the trolls and loose responses) be viewed more dimly in the future?
It’s more internal, and no troll should expect a welcoming environment when they come to troll a loss, but we would like to keep it within reason.

Last edited:
Can there be an exception for calling Topkent a campaigner? I feel like it's 3/4 of my predictive text
If it is said in jest and received in kind then that’s fine. So we need to just make sure that any poster we quote will take our comments in the spirit intended.

We don’t want to cut out what is clearly banter, it’s abuse we want to stop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hope when they feel able , those that have left can come back . I also hope that those who chose to abuse our mods via P.M go and use a punching bag instead. (Not a living one) , or better still just piss off and leave this site .

Always chuckle on the main board when you see a thread being derailed by a poster on ignore and you can figure out who it is.
We always know exactly who that is.

It’s quite a skill really - to be instantly recognisable even on ignore

Remove this Banner Ad

Back