B Section Premier B 2011 Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on the promotion to A Fields, best team all year and too hungry and composed on the weekend. Should win it if they get Sinclair back.

One thing which hasn't been mentioned - how does Hammond get three weeks at the 'tribunal', then get off on appeal?

Looking forward to a great finals series and hopefully the weather on the weekend was a sign of things to come. Skob look certain to go back to A Grade finally, Caulfield look finished but could be saved the straight sets embarrassment if they can recall Scheetz and Sinclair in time, Bernards are hitting the line strong with Merrington carrying them and Brighton are coming off a come from behind win over Skob on the weekend.

Skob to play Bernards in the final and the Merrington Vs Keogh match up not only deserves a huge crowd but will decide the result.

Skob by 3 goals

Mate, you wished too hard - and it arrived early.

Congrats on the promotion to A Fields, best team all year and too hungry and composed on the weekend. Should win it if they get Sinclair back.

One thing which hasn't been mentioned - how does Hammond get three weeks at the 'tribunal', then get off on appeal?[/quote]

Because it wasn't a reportable offence! When you look at it on tape, it becomes pretty clear!

Speaking of cheap shots, that O B coach is an absolute w***er. With 5 minutes to go he started yelling out the window for his players to "smack" Bernies players. He even yelled to his runner to go out to Skinner and told him to belt Lozza, never heard it in the VAFA before, what a loser.

Lozza copped one in the first 30 secs of the last quarter - so maybe Skinner was getting a rubdown at 3/4 time.;)

Hats Off to Caulfield, I thought they were fantastic on the weekend and probably summed up by Carboni's game who some how got his body up to play and had a real impact, Perkins was too good all day and Caulfields big men were just too good and influential. The wind was shocking all day but both teams had to deal with it and Caulfield were just too good in the 1st Qrt against the wind and deserve their spot in the big dance and promotion to A grade. Skob will have to pick themselves up very quickly to stop the rampaging Bernards, maybe a week early private but looking forward to Merrington Vs Keogh which I still believe will decide the game.

Looks like my GF tip has come a week too soon as well. Well done to the Fields obviously played good footy on Saturday. SKOB is the last team to beat Bernies so they will be confident of a win. Don't think they would focus all their attention on Merrington when a Garth or Pearson can bob up and kick a bag as well but their forwards are a concern. SKOB have the edge in the midfield and will be Bernies focus. Should be a cracking game that will leave one club bitterly disappointed knowing they will need to front up against a Werribee express train and a talented OM's squad to get to A in 2013. Can only hope the wind stays away and there are plenty of Wick Burgers to go around.

Well how sweet it is, I told you all year we were the real deal!!!
The Bernies boys have been very quiet this week, hmm, are they too cocky?

SKOB to win this week for mine, Bernies cannot beat them.

Well how sweet it is, I told you all year we were the real deal!!!
The Bernies boys have been very quiet this week, hmm, are they too cocky?

SKOB to win this week for mine, Bernies cannot beat them.

Caulfield stood tall.

Where do I start.

Gia well, he looked good early - forcing a change from memory. He didn't follow his opponent down the ground in Q1 and if I got it right, had disastrous results in Q4. Liddell had the measure of Sam Bishop, Mounty who has had a very good last month struggled in Q4. McDermott needs to get under the pack not be grabbing at the side, looking for the opening. Newman pushed hard but found not the space against a quality determined outfit. Grintz well the wind totally destroyed his kicking - speaking of which Stafford is very clean but we need to get him to carry now as well. A lot of ball directed to Jocka but he doesn't have the delivery of the other mids - need for him to get it by hand rather than foot as many resulted in turnovers. Sullo tried hard and accepted his fate. Bricky went okay but he has to get up the ground a bit more as previously, not just because his player goes there. Not sure what's happened to McPherson's form - but he was holding down top players - confidence I guess. It's hard to change around form in one week - its not hard to change attitude though.

Caulfield stood tall.

Where do I start.

Gia well, he looked good early - forcing a change from memory. He didn't follow his opponent down the ground in Q1 and if I got it right, had disastrous results in Q4. Liddell had the measure of Sam Bishop, Mounty who has had a very good last month struggled in Q4. McDermott needs to get under the pack not be grabbing at the side, looking for the opening. Newman pushed hard but found not the space against a quality determined outfit. Grintz well the wind totally destroyed his kicking - speaking of which Stafford is very clean but we need to get him to carry now as well. A lot of ball directed to Jocka but he doesn't have the delivery of the other mids - need for him to get it by hand rather than foot as many resulted in turnovers. Sullo tried hard and accepted his fate. Bricky went okay but he has to get up the ground a bit more as previously, not just because his player goes there. Not sure what's happened to McPherson's form - but he was holding down top players - confidence I guess. It's hard to change around form in one week - its not hard to change attitude though.

WOW! Private, that is some serious skob analysis and knowledge there.
Are you a skob man?

CLW - I have no qualms about asking Steve for my scarf back. You might want to get the story behind it before shooting your mouth off. RS & Keano - what chance(s) are the 3 who missed on the weekend of getting up for the big dance?

Looks to me like it's humble pie for dinner all week. Bernies now a legitimate chance, but will have to notch their first win over SKOBs for the season. Some massive question marks over SKOBs now. Pretty sure they not only lost the double chance, but also a finals berth last year on the back of a Rd.18 loss to HR. They've dropped 2 in a row now and with the form Bernies are in must be very concerned with a straight sets outing. All of a sudden the pressure that befell Caulfield the past few weeks is squarely fixed on SKOBs. Have they got the character Caulfield showed to turn things around and book themselves a spot in A?

With respect to ground allocation, my understanding is that the B Prelim & Grand Finals are always at Sportscover on the Saturday followed by A on the Sunday?
UM i would really love to see you ask for your scarf back ,as im sure youll get it back just not around your neck,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CLW do you have any idea on Caulfield? Sounds like you dont even watch them .The Coach that cost big $$$ hasn't achieved much just ask Bedford he seems to know all.C B A in two years hahaha

CLW do you have any idea on Caulfield? Sounds like you dont even watch them .The Coach that cost big $$$ hasn't achieved much just ask Bedford he seems to know all.C B A in two years hahaha

iisobba, no not really. I Pop down for a look see every now and then. You would think those results speak for themselves. Some of the comments on here are a bit strange.

A real toss-up in probably one of the two most important matches of the season - in regards to gaining promotion. Naturally both teams have their plusses and minuses but the Snow Dogs appear to be in the right groove at the right time of the season.

Seniors Preliminary Final
St Kevins vs St Bernards

Reserves Preliminary Final
St Bernards vs Old Ivanhoe

Thirds Preliminary Final
St Kevins vs Old Xaverians

St Kevins vs St Bernards - look fwd to Briza's comments on the weather being a factor.

Thirds Preliminary Final

My head says Bernies, but it would be a shame if SKOBs didn't go up, considering what they have done through the season.

St Kevins vs St Bernards

Just can't see the Brown & White troubling St Bernards.

SKOBs will bounce back from a tough loss. Xavs played a very understrength Blacks last week.

Thirds Preliminary Final

Brian

No detailed analysis, posturing or bravado this week.

They do not appear to be words of an entirely confident man.

SKOB brave run comes to a close for 2011 - 33 pts. One worry for St Bernards, the sending off of captain Danny Byrne earlier. Sorry Brian but ST B win the one that counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back