Picola & District FL SE 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't seem to do much with Stanhope this year, in fact they went backwards.

Is he playing or non playing as I don't think he played against VT this year or maybe he just had a bad run with injuries.

Had a bad run with injuries fractured cheek bone or eye socket from memory! And will be playing still a quality midfielder.

He didn't seem to do much with Stanhope this year, in fact they went backwards.

Is he playing or non playing as I don't think he played against VT this year or maybe he just had a bad run with injuries.

Yeah in regards to the part you highlighted in my previous post, he'll get the recruits as he knows alot of people around shepp that would be more interested to go to shepp east than stanhope (no disrespect at all to stanhope, just basing comment more on where the clubs are situated to attract local recruits).

& from memory did I see lowey playing in the rep side for the KDL this year? If so he must've been going good enough to get a run? (even if they had a couple pull out)....

Yeah in regards to the part you highlighted in my previous post, he'll get the recruits as he knows alot of people around shepp that would be more interested to go to shepp east than stanhope (no disrespect at all to stanhope, just basing comment more on where the clubs are situated to attract local recruits).

& from memory did I see lowey playing in the rep side for the KDL this year? If so he must've been going good enough to get a run? (even if they had a couple pull out)....
I am not doubting his ability just that I didn't think he played much football this year so was wondering about his playing future fitness wise.

Do you really think the rep side is a good indication of a players ability?

There were probably at least 10 players out of both SE and VT that didn't get a guernsey in either side.

Maybe coad will get a 2nd chance at kicking that 100 goals he said was going to kick about 5 years back..... Got about 98 to go!! ;)

GOLD!!!
Anyway about Lowey coming to the Eagles. I reckon he has been around long enough to do the sums and work out where he needs to fill some holes with retirees / departures. I would be very doubtful he would just approach any player willy nilly just to secure them. If Timmy K stays at Stanny, I don't think that would dent SE's tilt at another final series. With regards to the others, I'd suggest that Loweys judgment will be the deciding factor. I know in the past the committee have placed great faith in the coaches descretion when it comes to recruiting the right type of players. And I see no difference in this case. Lowey knows that besides being good at football, the players he recruits need to be quality people and be prepared to be genuine contributors to the club off the field as well. I'd suggest he would be trolling the GVL instead of trying to bring the KDL across. After all the KDL is the lowest ranked league in the VCFL:p (we'll see what that stirs up - hey!)
And before anyone pots SE for signing a coach from the worst league that failed to play finals, I reckon with the SE playing list and club structure, it will assist him in better results next year! time will tell I suppose.
With regard to his playing ability, I am more than confident he will find his way in this comp after a few rounds. History shows that it takes any player coming from a different league a few weeks to get the tempo and style of the footy played in this league. With quality on ballers like Hoggy, Fraps, & Freo around, I'm sure he'll get the support around the middle of the ground that will allow him to be damaging enough.
Anyway - good luck Lowey and lets hope all the boys get behind him and have a great year!
BTW - Coaching positions still left open? Katandra & Dooks I believe - I had heard Sam Ahmet was contacted by both clubs. I knew Sam was interested in the SE job, but I think they wanted a playing coach. What are the thoughts re playing vs non playing coaches in this league (b/c the GV have no playing coaches I think?)

I am not doubting his ability just that I didn't think he played much football this year so was wondering about his playing future fitness wise.

Do you really think the rep side is a good indication of a players ability?

There were probably at least 10 players out of both SE and VT that didn't get a guernsey in either side.

Not necessarly but if your league chooses to pick players in their rep side that "aren't up to it" then enjoy ur time at the bottom of the rep ladder because that's where you's will stay if that's the leagues attitude towards it....

There would've been 10+ of better players in every single league across victoria that didn't pull a jumper on for rep footy for various reasons but that doesn't mean you still dont pick the remaining "best available" does it? So based on that theory he would've been in your best 30-35 players in the league??

Not necessarly but if your league chooses to pick players in their rep side that "aren't up to it" then enjoy ur time at the bottom of the rep ladder because that's where you's will stay if that's the leagues attitude towards it....

There would've been 10+ of better players in every single league across victoria that didn't pull a jumper on for rep footy for various reasons but that doesn't mean you still dont pick the remaining "best available" does it? So based on that theory he would've been in your best 30-35 players in the league??
He captained the side and was one of the better performers for the day.
Having said that he came 3rd in our best and fairest after only playing half the season. Not a bad effort.

After talking to a lot of shepp east ppl they won’t be to worried if he leaves think he was over priced and a tad over rated but good luck to him maybe just didnt fit in there. Mat Madison is a strange 1 for me but will wait and see how he goes retaining and recruiting players because they will need at least 4 or 5 classy players to challenge for a top 3 spot

have heard lowey isnt quite as excited to be out at shepp east, now with all the departures and that the budget out there isnt quite as good as he had thought....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

surely he would know that with flags come other clubs chasing its players. most coaches going into a club would have done their homework and known what the spending capabilities are. good luck to him though hope he can keep them up there.

have heard lowey isnt quite as excited to be out at shepp east, now with all the departures and that the budget out there isnt quite as good as he had thought....

the outside perception of what shepp east budget is and what it actually is are poles apart trust me!! I am confident in saying at least 3 or 4 clubs would have spent more over the last 4 yrs when shepp east had sucsess...its all irralavent really but somethimes it aint what it seems.. Lowey has a good following so im sure he will pull some players into the club

I would very much doubt that Lowey would've gone into the job at Shepp East without knowing what his budget was. Maybe the problem is that the rabbits out there shopping themselves around are ridiculously overpriced. Don't get me wrong there are some blokes out there worth every penny, (they do their turn on the canteen, are involved in the social committee, do their stint on the gate, support the netball and the juniors) but they are unfortunately outnumbered about 5 to 1 when it comes to some recruits. In time I'm sure he'll sort through the rubble and get a group around him that will put their best foot forward for him and the club and not their wallet.
As far as footy in general, some of the numbers thrown around for players in the KDL are out of control! No wonder some young blokes are chasing the coin. This is no disrespect to the suppossed group listed on the KDL thread that are leaving the Eagles to go out to Tally, but there would be dollars involved, I can't understand a club offering mainly borderline senior players coin to bolster their playing stocks. I have no qualm that these guys would improve depth enourmously, but if they are paying these guys, it seems to me everyone on the senior list out there must be getting something????? Either that or the footy is that poor that these blokes are going to champions out there. Good luck to them if they are. I am sure Dookie, Katandra, Tunga and Shepp East's spending would not even be in the same tax bracket as some KDL clubs. And for what? fair dinkum, some of the guys cammanding good $ from the KDL have tried the PDFL, be good players without dominating, headed out there and become somewhat 'elite' and now looking to re-enter the fray commanding payment for their services - give me a break!

I would very much doubt that Lowey would've gone into the job at Shepp East without knowing what his budget was. Maybe the problem is that the rabbits out there shopping themselves around are ridiculously overpriced. Don't get me wrong there are some blokes out there worth every penny, (they do their turn on the canteen, are involved in the social committee, do their stint on the gate, support the netball and the juniors) but they are unfortunately outnumbered about 5 to 1 when it comes to some recruits. In time I'm sure he'll sort through the rubble and get a group around him that will put their best foot forward for him and the club and not their wallet.
As far as footy in general, some of the numbers thrown around for players in the KDL are out of control! No wonder some young blokes are chasing the coin. This is no disrespect to the suppossed group listed on the KDL thread that are leaving the Eagles to go out to Tally, but there would be dollars involved, I can't understand a club offering mainly borderline senior players coin to bolster their playing stocks. I have no qualm that these guys would improve depth enourmously, but if they are paying these guys, it seems to me everyone on the senior list out there must be getting something????? Either that or the footy is that poor that these blokes are going to champions out there. Good luck to them if they are. I am sure Dookie, Katandra, Tunga and Shepp East's spending would not even be in the same tax bracket as some KDL clubs. And for what? fair dinkum, some of the guys cammanding good $ from the KDL have tried the PDFL, be good players without dominating, headed out there and become somewhat 'elite' and now looking to re-enter the fray commanding payment for their services - give me a break!
Any names come to mind as there are not too many 'elite' players in the KDFL

Didn't most of shep east players from this year play kdfl in the past?

GOLD!!!
Anyway about Lowey coming to the Eagles. I reckon he has been around long enough to do the sums and work out where he needs to fill some holes with retirees / departures. I would be very doubtful he would just approach any player willy nilly just to secure them. If Timmy K stays at Stanny, I don't think that would dent SE's tilt at another final series. With regards to the others, I'd suggest that Loweys judgment will be the deciding factor. I know in the past the committee have placed great faith in the coaches descretion when it comes to recruiting the right type of players. And I see no difference in this case. Lowey knows that besides being good at football, the players he recruits need to be quality people and be prepared to be genuine contributors to the club off the field as well. I'd suggest he would be trolling the GVL instead of trying to bring the KDL across. After all the KDL is the lowest ranked league in the VCFL:p (we'll see what that stirs up - hey!)
And before anyone pots SE for signing a coach from the worst league that failed to play finals, I reckon with the SE playing list and club structure, it will assist him in better results next year! time will tell I suppose.
With regard to his playing ability, I am more than confident he will find his way in this comp after a few rounds. History shows that it takes any player coming from a different league a few weeks to get the tempo and style of the footy played in this league. With quality on ballers like Hoggy, Fraps, & Freo around, I'm sure he'll get the support around the middle of the ground that will allow him to be damaging enough.
Anyway - good luck Lowey and lets hope all the boys get behind him and have a great year!
BTW - Coaching positions still left open? Katandra & Dooks I believe - I had heard Sam Ahmet was contacted by both clubs. I knew Sam was interested in the SE job, but I think they wanted a playing coach. What are the thoughts re playing vs non playing coaches in this league (b/c the GV have no playing coaches I think?)
funny you say that when over half of your premiership side came from there! Must not have been a very good side with all the ex kdl players in there he he....

funny you say that when over half of your premiership side came from there! Must not have been a very good side with all the ex kdl players in there he he....

More "bottom league" players to join the club in the near future........which will improve their list :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back