Traded #3: Scott Gumbleton - Traded to Fremantle for pick 55

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he is too big - He struggled to get up and down the ground in 2012 - Now this could have been caused by a reduced pre-season - But if he still struggles to get up and down the ground in 2013, with a full pre-season - It will be because of bulk.

Wow.

Nah, asked in general about how pre-season training was going (said they'd had a hard day today), but I didn't want to push my luck.

In any case, the existing players are probably told to keep fairly tight-lipped and non-committal about that sort of stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Gumby makes it through preseason and kicks a few in round 1 we'll all be touching wood.

Hasn't missed a session this far...promising signs!

Pears also running before Xmas for the first time since 2009!

Bring on 2013!

#whateverittakes

Is it worth mentioning that last week I caught up with a mate who sees a little of Jobe and Gumby?

Make of it what you will but I'm told Gumby considers his back "cured". This is supported by medical advice and it is not considered likely that there will be ongoing issues or weaknesses. This is hardly news but apparently it wasn't until they could identify the issue that it could be resolved. I think it was a second opinion. My understanding is that the issue is not genetic or degenerative so, rather than being like a repair of a joint or ligament it is more like he has taken medicine and is cured.

I'm not going to be shocked if this is the end of his injury woes. Obviously I cannot predict a soft tissue or impact injury but as it stands I'm not expecting future back related problems.

South-Park-nice.jpg

God the thread title changes put the pressure on. You realise, mods, that you are the ones who have mozzed him?

Seriously though, there has not been a Gumby complain for the best part of a year. I'm happy that there are enough objective factors to back my information.

The back might be cured, but that doesn't mean something else can't go wrong.

Having favoured the back for so long, he could've been, for example, placing more weight through his legs, particularly his right side, resulting in an imbalance through the left hip, causing glute, hamstring, knee and groin issues.

Jus' sayin', I'll believe if I ever see him play 40 games over 2 years. Until then, anything he does is a bonus to me.

The back might be cured, but that doesn't mean something else can't go wrong.

Having favoured the back for so long, he could've been, for example, placing more weight through his legs, particularly his right side, resulting in an imbalance through the left hip, causing glute, hamstring, knee and groin issues.

Jus' sayin', I'll believe if I ever see him play 40 games over 2 years. Until then, anything he does is a bonus to me.
jesus h, Kong, give him a break! :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back