Traded #3: Scott Gumbleton - Traded to Fremantle for pick 55

Remove this Banner Ad

272411.jpg

You'd back our combination against arguably the two most talented sides, and in my opinion, the top 2 sides in 2013? I wouldn't. Both sides have a very balanced forward line and back line.

If you seriously think this, we'd be flag favourites next year in your mind

No I'd back both of those sides to win midfield battles against us, well Hawthorn everywhere and West Coast in Perth, and to win the game due to better opportunities.

Id say Hawthorn and the eagles probably just nudge us out in every area of the ground. I think our midfield isnt far off hawthorns now though. Hawks have Mitchell and than it really drops off. Sewell how good will he be next year? Lewis HFF or midfield hes a contributor, Hodge i think he struggles to even get through the middle now, I.Smith had a poor year off the wing, they lost Young, Rioli needs to step up but is still unproven as a genuine 80% game time midfielder - not alot of depth for me in this area for them their strengths are certainly forward and back (esp with Lake now) and also they dont really have the best rucks.

The eagles have a superb team all over the park. I think their defense is one of the best and their forward line when Lecras is in it with Kennedy firing, Darling, Hill, RR (NicNat) and rotating half forward midfielders in Shuey/Masten/Embley ect and the return of Nicoski they are pretty damaging. The midfield is probably their weakness although they have a tonne of depth the top end quality isnt the same as other top teams. Kerr, Priddis, Shuey, Selwood, Gaff, Rosa, Embley, Wellingham along with the dynamo ruck combo of NN/Cox makes for a strong midfield.

Not considering either of Gumby or Daniher in our side next year, to be perfectly honest.

Gumby is Gumby; for years he's just been a bonus, in my eyes, and I still can't see him making it.
Daniher might be an absolute freak, or even just a Westhoff, but I can't see him being ready.

In my eyes, our key forwards will be Ryder, Crameri, and depending on matchups, Hurley.

Things could be fluid: Paddy is a great ruck, and Hurley can be put onto a hot Centre Half Forward and quiet him down.

There's always room for change in the team, and (call me a dreamer) Gumby could turn out great next year if his back holds out. :)

No I'd back both of those sides to win midfield battles against us, well Hawthorn everywhere and West Coast in Perth, and to win the game due to better opportunities.
I'd back them to beat us in all areas of the ground, except ruck in Hawthorn's case

I'd back them to beat us in all areas of the ground, except ruck in Hawthorn's case

Hooker/Carlilse --> Kennedy
Pears --> Darling
Fletch --> Cox or any other resting ruck
Hibberd --> Le Cras
Hardingham --> Nickoski
Dampesy --> to cut loose!!

Then lining up forward I have

Winderlich Gumby Ryder
Davey Hurley Crameri

You do their match ups. I'm not saying that Essendon will win a premiership next year but I think we should be pushing towards the top 4 but will probably hit another flat patch at some point in the season due to having a lot of young guys in responsible positions and with another preseason focussing on working hard potentially another difficult run with injuries. I am saying that if we get periods of the season where we're "up and about" with most players available in pretty good form then we'll run most teams close, at the very least. The only teams that I would go into the game against highly doubtful of our ability to win are Hawks at the G, West Coast over there .... and Melbourne!!

Carlilse --> Kennedy
Hooker --> Darling
Fletch --> Cox or any other resting ruck
Hibberd --> Le Cras
Hardingham --> Nickoski
Dempsey --> Hill

Then lining up forward I have

Winderlich (Hurn) Gumby (MacKenzie) Ryder (Schofield)
Davey (Butler) Hurley (Glass) Crameri (Waters I guess)

You do their match ups. I'm not saying that Essendon will win a premiership next year but I think we should be pushing towards the top 4 but will probably hit another flat patch at some point in the season due to having a lot of young guys in responsible positions and with another preseason focussing on working hard potentially another difficult run with injuries. I am saying that if we get periods of the season where we're "up and about" with most players available in pretty good form then we'll run most teams close, at the very least. The only teams that I would go into the game against highly doubtful of our ability to win are Hawks at the G, West Coast over there .... and Melbourne!!
There's no doubt we match up similarly to them, but Kennedy is a dead-set gun, Hooker wouldn't be able to deal with him, Darling is an athletic freak, Cox is a solid fwd, LeCras is the best small forward in the afl, Nicoski and Hill solid 30-40 goal a year prospects

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at today's photo makes me more convinced that Gumby is too big - Interested to see where he finished in the time trial.
what? what? what?

Too big?!

You are tripping. He's been a skinny weed for most of his career; finally puts on the expected bulk in the last couple and now you're calling him too big? Youy really are a weird unit sometimes yaco

That prank is hilarious. I wonder if he blew them up manually or with a pump or something - he would have run out of breath a lot doing it by mouth.

what? what? what?

Too big?!

You are tripping. He's been a skinny weed for most of his career; finally puts on the expected bulk in the last couple and now you're calling him too big? Youy really are a weird unit sometimes yaco

Hurley going to overseas and Gumby bulking up...I wonder if Gumby will be the FF and Hurley he CHF come Round 1? I'd like that as Gumby looked more comfortable close to goal IMO whereas Hurley was a bit starved down there.

what? what? what?

Too big?!

In fairness, watching him bulk up is always going to be a bit of a worry until we know that he is fine.

what? what? what?

Too big?!

I think he is too big - He struggled to get up and down the ground in 2012 - Now this could have been caused by a reduced pre-season - But if he still struggles to get up and down the ground in 2013, with a full pre-season - It will be because of bulk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back