Palmer United Party

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't see Palmer as a serious threat to any of the Coalition's big-ticket items. He's not going to block stuff like the repeal of the mining tax and the repeal of the carbon tax just to screw Abbott over, because he wants that stuff as much as they do. He may well block the PPL but if worst comes to worst then the Greens will pass it in some form.

On a lesser policy level I'm sure he will block stuff to differentiate himself, but at the end of the day he's not that far away from the Coalition on most stuff (pro-business legislation etc.). I am sure the Coalition is confident they can do business with him.

The idea that the Coalition would rather deal with a Greens-controlled Senate is funny though.

Don't see Palmer as a serious threat to any of the Coalition's big-ticket items. He's not going to block stuff like the repeal of the mining tax and the repeal of the carbon tax just to screw Abbott over, because he wants that stuff as much as they do. He may well block the PPL but if worst comes to worst then the Greens will pass it in some form.

On a lesser policy level I'm sure he will block stuff to differentiate himself, but at the end of the day he's not that far away from the Coalition on most stuff (pro-business legislation etc.). I am sure the Coalition is confident they can do business with him.

The idea that the Coalition would rather deal with a Greens-controlled Senate is funny though.

In terms of getting policy through there's no way he'd prefer a Greens controlled senate. But politically this could be very, very difficult for Abbott. One thing Palmer's not is predictable. I wouldn't put it past him at all blocking the abolition of the mining or carbon taxes just to spite Abbott, at least for a little while.

Palmer's not an idiot. He has an actual agenda and he's not going to cut off his nose to spite his face.

If his party doesn't pass the mining tax or carbon tax repeals, I'll eat my hat.

We'll see. I don't think Palmer's an idiot but I do think he's nuts. He's shown he'll do anything to get attention and if stopping Abbott gets attention I wouldn't be surprised if he does that.

The guy didn't spend all that money to get into Parliament and thwart the repeal of legislation he specifically wants to get rid of.

If he wants to have a dick measuring contest with Abbott there'll be plenty of other legislation he can block in the next three years.

We'll see. I don't think Palmer's an idiot but I do think he's nuts. He's shown he'll do anything to get attention and if stopping Abbott gets attention I wouldn't be surprised if he does that.

Palmer didn't get as rich as he did through insanity. Sure he loves attention and he has a massive ego but he will support eliminating the carbon and mining taxes. He has already said so and it suits his business interests.

Clive Palmer is the biggest tightarsed ****** going around.
He's been in a lot of trouble for not paying his staff with all of the ventures he's had.
He's dodgy.
Sure you're not getting mixed up with Tinkler.

I would like to know what deal he did with Muir to get him on board so that effective he can get policy through.

Must say though do like that Democratic Liberal Party & Family First will now basically be infectual for the next term.

Sure you're not getting mixed up with Tinkler.

I would like to know what deal he did with Muir to get him on board so that effective he can get policy through.

Must say though do like that Democratic Liberal Party & Family First will now basically be infectual for the next term.
Nope. My brother met clive palmer for a business reason and told me that he thinks palmer's dodgy

Nope. My brother met clive palmer for a business reason and told me that he thinks palmer's dodgy
From what I know of the mining industry you'll find that most of them are dodgy.

Tinkler was the worst
Gina is not much better.
Palmer is above those two, but that doesn't say much
Twiggy is the best of a bad lot.

All are dodgy and all would (or have in two cases) sell out family members for money.

From what I know of the mining industry you'll find that most of them are dodgy.

Tinkler was the worst
Gina is not much better.
Palmer is above those two, but that doesn't say much
Twiggy is the best of a bad lot.

All are dodgy and all would (or have in two cases) sell out family members for money.
I'm from a mining family and I've yet to meet a person in it that doesn't believe that without they are the most important person in the most important industry in Australia. They are as a whole reprehensible people solely focussed on ripping as much out of the ground as possible without putting in to local communities (see FIFO) or aiding in the recovery of the land that they destroy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slax i'm telling you right now that palmer is dodgey. He's a scammer.
Never have I said he isn't dodgy, in fact I'm pretty sure I said he was.

The mining industry is like the building industry and there are some seriously dodgy people involved in it and unfortunately they are big players too. Palmer will only do things that are in his own interests the same as Gina and the others.

Never have I said he isn't dodgy, in fact I'm pretty sure I said he was.

The mining industry is like the building industry and there are some seriously dodgy people involved in it and unfortunately they are big players too. Palmer will only do things that are in his own interests the same as Gina and the others.
You could try holidaying at his golf motel called Palmer Coolum just to try and see how the guy runs.
He also tried to take over my brother's business. I'm just lucky that my bro didn't sell him his business.

Palmer doesn't pay his staff which makes him a tightarsed idiot. He is a known scammer.

You mean like how he spent $10 million dollars on christmas bonuses for his staff a couple of years ago?

I'm from a mining family and I've yet to meet a person in it that doesn't believe that without they are the most important person in the most important industry in Australia. They are as a whole reprehensible people solely focussed on ripping as much out of the ground as possible without putting in to local communities (see FIFO) or aiding in the recovery of the land that they destroy.
The mining companies built towns for their workers,places like Newman,Tom Price,Pannawonica etc
I mean entire towns with SPQ's,houses for families,sporting grounds,swimmimg pools everything.Only the changes to taxation started FIFO

Which changes were they, WA Roo? I thought it was simply the lack of skilled labour that led companies to fly in workers (and once they were chartering flights then flying in less-skilled labour became cheaper too).

Re: Palmer, I heard he was just nuts, rather than a tightarse. He goes off his rocker at people in unpredictable fashion. This is based on his hotel, tho, so maybe that is failing and causing him to rail at a bunch of people.

Which changes were they, WA Roo? I thought it was simply the lack of skilled labour that led companies to fly in workers (and once they were chartering flights then flying in less-skilled labour became cheaper too).
FBT changes that included housing

Fortescue have estimated that FIFO save $100K per employee.If they task into account relocation costs,building houses,buying land etc(this applies to Port Hedland)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back