News Taylor Adams coming to Pies? Hine: "Yeah, I think so"

What do you reckon about this drawn out trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We cant afford Mummy, GWS have the PSD pick 1 so we have no choice. Plus the AFL will not care.

With White, we stated we want a 2nd rounder or early 3rd. A fair price. I think we will let him walk in the ND or PSD rather then take unders in a shallow draft.

If you get him in a draft, we loose nothing because we wouldnt use the pick you were offering. If we play hard ball get what we want, we win. If he ends up at another team in the draft we loose nothing you dont get a player you have been chasing (He is an upgrade on Lynch, Massively).

So, although we want the trade to happen, if you want him deal. If you are indifferent, risk the draft.

I hope you're doing the negotiating, should soon fall apart and then we'll put a price on his head no one will match.

We cant afford Mummy, GWS have the PSD pick 1 so we have no choice. Plus the AFL will not care.

With White, we stated we want a 2nd rounder or early 3rd. A fair price. I think we will let him walk in the ND or PSD rather then take unders in a shallow draft.

If you get him in a draft, we loose nothing because we wouldnt use the pick you were offering. If we play hard ball get what we want, we win. If he ends up at another team in the draft we loose nothing you dont get a player you have been chasing (He is an upgrade on Lynch, Massively).

So, although we want the trade to happen, if you want him deal. If you are indifferent, risk the draft.

I love how everyone thinks they always have the upper hand. White has chosen Collingwood. He will get to Collingwood. Sydney bet the farm on Buddy and now are having a fire sale, hence adding Armstrong to the deal. Collingwood will pay you what they want, not the other way around

Unless the swans heirachy are real pricks, they will help jesse get where he wants. They don't want him so they should do the best by a bloke that has given his all for them.

Most clubs help players get where they want these days, if they don't want them anymore. Different to nick stevens and Port.

Don't Hold your Breath
I long to open up the forum board and see your 'Welcome to Collingwood ........ '. Alas, I am beginning to wonder if I am ever going to see such a thread resulting from a trade. Don't know why you like this time of the year so much, because I think I'd have more fun counting my pubic hairs over and over again than waiting for a trade to take place.

I long to open up the forum board and see your 'Welcome to Collingwood ........ '. Alas, I am beginning to wonder if I am ever going to see such a thread resulting from a trade. Don't know why you like this time of the year so much, because I think I'd have more fun counting my pubic hairs over and over again than waiting for a trade to take place.

I seriously think the problem is too many old farts still involved from clubs who over value their players. Prime example was Swan on KBs show today saying they would only deal Bootsma to WC if they offered Natanui in return. It may of been tongue in cheek, but these older types that are in charge of the trade procedure are a little behind the times with trading and I think be difficult for no other reason than to be difficult.

Ahh, the old Ross Lyon trading strategy of nothing is more than something. Got ya.

3rd or 4th for White depending on the washup from other trades and movements and depending on what picks the Pies end up with. As I understand it the Pies will give best available.

That wouldn't get the deal done so we would just move on. There is no point trying to force the deal through ND or PSD, other clubs can easily trump us. His choice of club means little then. The Bulldogs would be all over it. He is not a good enough player to make it worth putting a huge price on him to outbid others & scare them off.

So the players wishes are not factored in? What happened to the "Bloods Culture?"

The more I think about it, the more annoying it gets - Heater is a class player, premiership running defender with considerable years of top level performance behind him and at least 3 more years to come. Why the hell should we be throwing in draft picks in the trade? Sure, Adams has had a good 2 (yes, TWO) years and shows considerable value/ enormous potential but on the scale of things a straight swap is more than appropriate. GWS shoul pull their heads in if they're asking for more.

The more I think about it, the more annoying it gets - Heater is a class player, premiership running defender with considerable years of top level performance behind him and at least 3 more years to come. Why the hell should we be throwing in draft picks in the trade? Sure, Adams has had a good 2 (yes, TWO) years and shows considerable value/ enormous potential but on the scale of things a straight swap is more than appropriate. GWS shoul pull their heads in if they're asking for more.

Have you ever sold a house at auction?

Problem is these days potential is worth more than performance. It simply comes down to 2 good players, one has 10-12 years left, one has 3-5 years left. Like buying a very similar car worth the same $$, which one would you buy, the one with 100,000 on the clock or the one with 20,000 on the clock. They both get you A to B, but one is going to last you longer.

I have no doubt over the next 3 years Heath Shaw will be the better player & pay more dividends for them than Adams will for us, after that it will swing in our favour.

As such not fussed if we swap our second rounders to make them feel better about the deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That wouldn't get the deal done so we would just move on. There is no point trying to force the deal through ND or PSD, other clubs can easily trump us. His choice of club means little then. The Bulldogs would be all over it. He is not a good enough player to make it worth putting a huge price on him to outbid others & scare them off.

Okey dokey. I guess we'll see next week ;)

The Magpies were in talks with Greater Western Sydney on Thursday to see if a trade could be arranged that would land Heath Shaw at the Giants, the club he nominated on Monday night as his preferred destination.

The sticking point remains whether a straight swap between Shaw and Taylor Adams is enough or whether an exchange of late picks is needed to sweeten the dea

Problem there could be a Stand-Off for another Week

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-17/trade-wrap-thursday

GWS want shaw and pick 11 for adams and pick 19.

I say sort out this deal with WC first ( picks 6, 40 for picks 11, 27 ) and if we can get that done give GWS a choice, do the deal now ( swap plus later pick ) or the deal is off. Let them get pick 15 from geelong for adams and start from scratch again in developing a player.

We go the draft with 6, 10, and a remorseful shaw wanting to do everything right for the club he loves. My preferred option

GWS want shaw and pick 11 for adams and pick 19.

I say sort out this deal with WC first ( picks 6, 40 for picks 11, 27 ) and if we can get that done give GWS a choice, do the deal now ( swap plus later pick ) or the deal is off. Let them get pick 15 from geelong for adams and start from scratch again in developing a player.

We go the draft with 6, 10, and a remorseful shaw wanting to do everything right for the club he loves. My preferred option
When has Shaw ever showed remorse this entire time?

So, does this Armstrong from Sydney actually have any potential or redeeming features or are we just allowing Sydney to offload one of their list cloggers to become our list clogger? In which case they can accept what we are looking to give them IMO.

So, does this Armstrong from Sydney actually have any potential or redeeming features or are we just allowing Sydney to offload one of their list cloggers to become our list clogger? In which case they can accept what we are looking to give them IMO.

We are allowing them to unclog their list by clogging ours :mad:

Yeah, we lost Luke Ball because he did that, we'll never learn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back