Rumour Player Surnames On Back Of Jumper And FA compo Removed

Remove this Banner Ad

qWh7liF.jpg

Looks great.

Are people going to start to accept that the sky isn't falling on this issue?

I look forward to being able to match some lesser known faces to their names.

'You need to watch more footy if you don't know all the numbers' is a thoroughly stupid argument. I watch neutral games for fun and relaxation, not because I want to use the AFL as a brain training exercise where I have to memorize 800 player numbers.

This photo shows how a long name would look on a jumper. I don't think it is anywhere near as much of an issue as some people have tried to make of it.

CQolLhr.jpg

This photo shows how a long name would look on a jumper. I don't think it is anywhere near as much of an issue as some people have tried to make of it.

CQolLhr.jpg

That's not a match day jumper
this is

BlKKjVYCEAAw49r.jpg

The lettering is weird from the stitching and the GPS pocket

I look forward to being able to match some lesser known faces to their names.

'You need to watch more footy if you don't know all the numbers' is a thoroughly stupid argument. I watch neutral games for fun and relaxation, not because I want to use the AFL as a brain training exercise where I have to memorize 800 player numbers.

I do agree with this. When GWS & Melbourne are pumping through 30 players a month, it's hard to know who's who when you don't really give a * outside those 2 hours.

I've seen much worse ideas from the AFL. I don't think this is a particularly great idea either, but I certainly don't think it's going to be an issue/lower crowds/take people away from the game...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw them on AFL 360. They look great and if I was 13 again my Blues guernsey would definitely have Jezza's name and number.

I've always liked the fact that it's numbers only, but it's not a particularly big issue.

It'll take some adjusting at first.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back