News Adelaide Oval Redevelopment - Thunderbirds Are Go

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm absolutely flabbergasted the Crows' administration had the audacity to even attempt to claim Adelaide Oval as the "Crowval", considering their resistance to this move for the better part of the last decade. To not even acknowledge their initial opposition and act as if it were their idea all along leaves little wonder that their fans are so disillusioned with whatever comes out of their club's mouth- it's just sheets and sheets of a propaganda, lying and saving face. George Orwell would have a field day as a reporter in this town.

It really does make one wonder. The SANFL and Crows were quite happy to just maintain the status quo. Say what you like about how Demetriou runs the league, he can certainly get stuff done when he really wants it.

It would be interesting to get figures on total surface area of inside the boundary of both grounds because the curve of the boundary and depth of pockets also has an impact.

And the club has supplied some info but its not 100% accurate as the MCG figures are fence to fence not boundary to boundary

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2014-03-27/skinny-flat-meet-the-slimmed-down-adelaide-oval

Venue..................... AKA Length Width Square metres^
Adelaide Oval.................. 167m 123m 16,132m
AAMI Stadium* Football Park 165m 133m 17,235m

It really does make one wonder. The SANFL and Crows were quite happy to just maintain the status quo. Say what you like about how Demetriou runs the league, he can certainly get stuff done when he really wants it.

Haha if I see him at the game - I will say I don't agree with everything you have done, but thanks for this one, and buy him a beer. And tell him he has to do a Bob Hawke skull for the camera.;)

"we will turn up" is a bit of a limp slogan

By itself its not great but its part of Ken's membership ad....
"our promise to you is this,
we will turn up,
and we will never, ever, give up."

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but it seems the honour board wall thing in our players race is ready.

Motleyandboak_hero.jpg

Cant wait to go down and see my name. Hopefully it's next to an important name or two. :D

If you want to be able to see your seats at the new adelaide oval, go to www.adelaidenow.com.au and have a look at the amazing gigapan photo they have. You can zoom all the way around the stadium, right up to the top of the eastern stand or riverbank stand, with crystal clear resolution. It's amazing!

I even found my seats in section 538 row R (Crows) and found out that I'm not as high up or close to the top as I thought I was! They will be doing another photo during the Showdown so you will be able to find yourself unless you are sitting on the Hill.

I can't wait to be there on Saturday for the Showdown!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty difficult to tell what the rooms really looked like there...

I used to spend a lot of time in the change-rooms at AAMI, including the Port change-room (not on matchday mind you). From what little parts were shown, the facilities look far better, but I assume the biggest difference will be in the quality of the other change-rooms too.

looking at the megaphoto there of Adelaide Oval.. looking in the new Eastern stand there looks like a lot of railing that could cause viewing issues. I looked where i think my seat is (Row G in 535) and the railing at the bottom of the stairs around that area will be right in front of some peoples seats

Hopefully im far enough away from them

Saves hiring 3-4 people on the scoreboard when you can have one guy on a laptop doing all three scoreboards

Smart decision, would've been good for marquee games though

Finals, Showdowns

Man if we could build something and one day have something similar to YNWA that would be bloody amazing!

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/port-adelaide-set-to-tap-into-fan-passion-at-new-adelaide-oval/story-fnia6ojc-1226866950201
PORT Adelaide is guarding the finer details of its Adelaide Oval game-day experience for the fans with the same zeal coach Ken Hinkley has for his Showdown playbook.

But it is understood the Power has prepared a new audio-video package to play in the 60 seconds before the first bounce at every home game that defines the club’s image as Port starts a new era at the Oval.

It is being described internally at Alberton as the “Anfield moment” - a reference to how English Premier League club Liverpool builds fan passion at its home ground with the “You’ll Never Walk Alone” anthem.

Port chief executive Keith Thomas on Thursday confirmed his staff has paid special attention to building a new game-day routine for the fans at the Oval, in particular the minute before the first bounce.

“(Club president) David Koch has given us the task of putting the fun back into footy,” Thomas said.

“Adelaide Oval provides that opportunity to create a world-class game-day experience.

“We want to make sure that when the glow of the new Adelaide Oval has passed, football fans are rusted to their seats because we are putting on a great event.”

Of the top-secret 60-second lead-up to the first bounce, Thomas’ only response was: “We want our fans to feel more passion for their team and club than ever before.”

Port’s game-day routine begins with the fans’ march from Rundle Mall and will end on specific dates with the “Live At The Drive” concerts at War Memorial Drive.

The first post-game concert tomorrow feature You Am I and Spiderbait.

The Power will devote stages at the Oval’s South Plaza to stages for live music, pre-game interviews with players and club identities and new interactive features built on social media, in particular Facebook.

The eastern side of the Oval will be dedicated to families with a “kid zone” where children can act out their football dreams - and a “chill out zone” for their parents.

Inside the Oval, Port will take ownership of the presentation on the three mega-screens and the hundreds of flatscreens in corporate boxes and bars. There also is a new emphasis on interacting with the fans with competitions on the field.

“The game-day experience is a big agenda item for us,” Thomas said.

“We are going to bring the fun back to the footy.”

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/port-adelaide-set-to-tap-into-fan-passion-at-new-adelaide-oval/story-fnia6ojc-1226866950201

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back