News Adelaide Oval Redevelopment - Thunderbirds Are Go

Remove this Banner Ad

Now, i understand that newspapers invented click bait. We just called them headlines or front page news back in those days.

But given recent events, The term race wars seems a little inflammatory.

Got your attention didn't it? That's the point of it.

The reason the opposition tunnels were covered up originally would have been to do with the branding on them - that is, Power branding at a Crows home game. The grandstand names are uniform and generic in that they don't have team logos or colours on them, whereas the tunnels do. A clean stadium requires no outside branding. That's why they're covered over for cricket and Adele etc. If the tunnel simply said "Geof Motley Race" in a uniform font and colour to "Bob Hammond Race" then it would have been fine (some moron would have stuffed it up still, I bet) but with the logos etc technically they'd breach "clean stadium" requirements.

The reason the opposition tunnels were covered up originally would have been to do with the branding on them - that is, Power branding at a Crows home game. The grandstand names are uniform and generic in that they don't have team logos or colours on them, whereas the tunnels do. A clean stadium requires no outside branding. That's why they're covered over for cricket and Adele etc. If the tunnel simply said "Geof Motley Race" in a uniform font and colour to "Bob Hammond Race" then it would have been fine (some moron would have stuffed it up still, I bet) but with the logos etc technically they'd breach "clean stadium" requirements.
No - it's just petty campaignerishness. We've never stooped to covering up your race.

No - it's just petty campaignerishness. We've never stooped to covering up your race.
Firstly, it's not *my* race - I'm not even a Crows member.

Secondly, if all branding not consistent with the home team's sponsors is meant to be removed/covered, then why wouldn't that include the logos of an opposition club in the same competition? It goes along with the whole "home team" thing where the home team shows team-branded "goal" celebrations on the screens but the away team gets generic Chemist Warehouse ones (at the MCG and Etihad at least).

I'm not saying I agree with it - I have no problem at all with both races staying uncovered, even during cricket - but I can see why it happened initially and why it happens for cricket/Adele etc. Now that there's an agreement in place the fact that it happened this year was an SMA stuff-up but the fact that it happened initially wasn't the greatest, even if it's to the letter of the agreements in place for branding and marketing at the venue.

It's disrespectful bullshit however it gets spun.
Absolutely it is. So typical of the childish campaigners in this state and their pathetic attitude towards a club which has largely contributed to the wealth of football in this state since 1870. If it was a mistake as they claim, why did it continually happen and why only to the Geoff Motley race? I think we know the answer to that. Piss weak bunch of cretins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back