Toast The media....*Nods Head*

Remove this Banner Ad

That's the best part. Whenever it's ever been clear Port Adelaide has needed change at administration level or in the football department Rucci has agitated for change.
Now it's become clear the crows need a massive clean out he's all "steady as she goes people, it's not their fault".

Love it.

Reckon it almost might be a Newslimited directive as well. Remember the vitriol that he copped when he went after Neil Craig? Whilst he was proven to be correct, the average Crow idiot hates him for it. This in turn is bad for Newslimited as they start boycotting the newspaper. I have no doubt that Rucci has been told to tone down any criticism of the Clowns because it is bad for business. There has been nothing but fluff pieces ever since.

I read the article, it comes off as more of a crack at crows supporters X with your not giving the PAFC enough credit, then backing Crows management IMO.
and hes kind of right. They are comparing losing to us by 54pts in a showdown to the loss we had against GWS in 2012 that lead to our blood letting.

Please :rolleyes:. we could finish top 4 this year and GWS had 1 bloody win before that 2012 game

"Our supporters show us what it means to play for Port Adelaide. You cheer us on, you pick us up when we’re down, and you’re there to support us, our coaches, our staff and the volunteers who give up their time to get us on the park.

I saw our supporters applaud Johnny Butcher off the ground at our final training session on Friday.

The guy cops a bit of flak from outside the club, but you support him, you back him all the way, and he returns the favour with the hard work he did in crucial moments of Saturday’s game.

His performance was crucial to getting us back in the game. His performance was because of you and the contribution you make to our club."

Superb. To know we are genuinely having an affect on butcher. His second and third efforts are the desire to win for his team mates and for us.

..."This is going to be an amazing journey for our football club and it’s going to be amazing because we have you along for the ride.

It’s hard to think we’ve only just played Round 2, and there’s another 19 games left in the season! ..."

No Boaky, I make it 22 games left in the season.

There would be many of us who have never experienced a pack to the brim G, so we can't make comparisons.
I'd say most here went in 2004 and 2007. Many others would have been to neutral prelims etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

..."This is going to be an amazing journey for our football club and it’s going to be amazing because we have you along for the ride.

It’s hard to think we’ve only just played Round 2, and there’s another 19 games left in the season! ..."

No Boaky, I make it 22 games left in the season.
The part that gets me hard is where he says that he, Kochie, Ken and Keith are not what makes this club great; it is us supporters and that one day they will be fine and still just like us - members. Port man for life. Love him. In a manly way.

Fair enough. :D ... But having lived outside of Adelaide since 1982, I am actually fascinated by the South Australian need to compare themselves with their larger neighbors. It is akin to an inferiority complex, that requires them to be validated. Not trying to insult, because I saw that in myself for many years. I actually would probably agree with AO being among the best, if not the best, venue in Australia. I think it probably will provide the best overall "experience" for the football patron. I have mentioned on other forums before that over recent years I have made no special attempts to return home to Adelaide for Port games. My experiences were so poor - for many reasons, including abusive, bogan, Port supporters that made the game untenable, to the mechanical "drive in, watch the game. drive out" soulless experience of Footy Park - that I would only attend Port games in Melbourne, and now in Brisbane.

My BEST (recent) football attending experiences have been attending games up here at Carrara against the Gold Coast. The ground is a picture, the crowds are all friendly and family oriented, the event is a carnival with kid's games, buskers, bands playing, and people having fun! ... And, NO drunk, swearing, abusive yobbos to spoil the day!! With the new AO, I will definitely plan to return to Adelaide for some Port games this year. I just hope that the past experiences with drunken, foul-mouthed idiots improves!!

Sorry but that sounds so tacky. We're a football club not a plastic franchise. If I wanted a carnival and buskers I'd go to the fair, not the footy. Keep that kind of stuff for lame soulless franchises like the Camries and the Suns, while our supporters actually support the team!

I hate when people act hurt of butt over a little bit of swearing at the footy. Obviously running your mouth like a sewer for 2 hours straight is a bit much, but for God's sake do we need to sterilise every bloody thing these days? I go to the footy to scream my guts out and if an umpire makes a crap call and I want to call him a ******* dickhead then seriously where is the harm?

Also, long live the Port ferals! They're passionate and loud and support their team through thick and thin, and they're the primary reason our crowds are always more vocal than the knitting needle mob across the road. Tough as nails too. May their lungs be always full of air. :thumbsu:

Sorry but that sounds so tacky. We're a football club not a plastic franchise. If I wanted a carnival and buskers I'd go to the fair, not the footy. Keep that kind of stuff for lame soulless franchises like the Camries and the Suns, while our supporters actually support the team!

I hate when people act hurt of butt over a little bit of swearing at the footy. Obviously running your mouth like a sewer for 2 hours straight is a bit much, but for God's sake do we need to sterilise every bloody thing these days? I go to the footy to scream my guts out and if an umpire makes a crap call and I want to call him a ******* dickhead then seriously where is the harm?

Also, long live the Port ferals! They're passionate and loud and support their team through thick and thin, and they're the primary reason our crowds are always more vocal than the knitting needle mob across the road. Tough as nails too. May their lungs be always full of air. :thumbsu:

I've been to Metricon and can vouch for the carnival atmosphere, it didnt actually feel like i was walking into a football game. As for their crowd, i yelled and cheered as Port ran out, i swear 100 people turned around and looked at me as if i was weird.

I tried not to swear the other night but let slip a 'that wasn't a ******* high tackle' after Betts milked the free kick & got told I might get kicked out by someone near me, surely you can't get booted out over one slip of the tongue F bomb in the heat of the moment?

I'm not going to run my mouth like one of those ferals who were saying do 'f'ing something Mckernan' all game abusing players but the umps can get you pretty heated when the opposition gets a run on.

Yeah sorry, Using phone atm.
No that wasn't directed at you because I was agreeing with your post, it was more 'my reply' should be in the shakes head thread as that was where I was going to post after hearing Crowe get pumped up talking about 119.

If a mod can move those posts there after it was bumped that'd be great.

The part that gets me hard is where he says that he, Kochie, Ken and Keith are not what makes this club great; it is us supporters and that one day they will be fine and still just like us - members. Port man for life. Love him. In a manly way.

Definitely the part that got me as well. Seems to be adding onto Kern's pre-match address of not letting down the 55000 members

"Our supporters show us what it means to play for Port Adelaide. You cheer us on, you pick us up when we’re down, and you’re there to support us, our coaches, our staff and the volunteers who give up their time to get us on the park.

I saw our supporters applaud Johnny Butcher off the ground at our final training session on Friday.

The guy cops a bit of flak from outside the club, but you support him, you back him all the way, and he returns the favour with the hard work he did in crucial moments of Saturday’s game.

His performance was crucial to getting us back in the game. His performance was because of you and the contribution you make to our club."

Superb. To know we are genuinely having an affect on butcher. His second and third efforts are the desire to win for his team mates and for us.

I dont class myself as a port supporter, rather a port person.

I dont support port adelaide I AM port adelaide.

I dont class myself as a port supporter, rather a port person.

I dont support port adelaide I AM port adelaide.

There's no I AM in WE ARE. I don't support Port Adelaide...WE ARE Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back