Toast The media....*Nods Head*

Remove this Banner Ad

Could we see next year's membership campaign, Kenny, Kochie, The Kane's, Kieth, Trav, Brad, Westy and a good handful of Members singing;

We came from the SANFL
From the dusty Adelaide streets
We are the historic heart
The keepers of the flame
Bruce stood upon a rocky shore
We endured the tall stories come
For 145 years we've been the strong Football Club

We came upon the prison bars
Bound down by iron chains
We cured the land
Endured the lash
And waited for the rains
We are settlers
We are a farmers side
On a dry and barron run
A convict and now a free club
We became Port Adelaide again

We are a family from diggers
Who sought the mother load
The children became adults
On the long and dusty road
We survived the depression
Enjoyed the good times
A club for bushies and battlers
We are Port Adelaide

Chourus:

we are one
but we are many
and from all the lands on earth we come
we'll share a dream
and sing with one voice
i am, you are we are Port Adelaide

I've been to Metricon and can vouch for the carnival atmosphere, it didnt actually feel like i was walking into a football game. As for their crowd, i yelled and cheered as Port ran out, i swear 100 people turned around and looked at me as if i was weird.

You sure it was Metricon? Sounds more like Footy Park Crows game

Laid back and received the love from AFL360 tonight. David King reckons we're a premiership chance and called us "clearly the number one team in Adelaide". All hailed Kenny's quiet chat with the leaders and Maclure jumped on our defence, mentioning Hombsch, Impey and Jonas. Flying under the radar no longer.

Pies v Geelong prelim 2010 at the G. Great game to be at.

I think probably not as good as the Pies vs Cows semi in 2009!
I'm not sure if its because I was there, or perhaps it's just my nasty streak appearing again...

Last edited:
The only zombies are going to be Crows supporters marching out of the ground with 10 minutes to go as we kick our 6th goal of the last quarter to be 7 goals in front.
How good was this prediction?

Laid back and received the love from AFL360 tonight. David King reckons we're a premiership chance and called us "clearly the number one team in Adelaide". All hailed Kenny's quiet chat with the leaders and Maclure jumped on our defence, mentioning Hombsch, Impey and Jonas. Flying under the radar no longer.
Can't wait to hear all about how wrong their opinions are from our petty SA media pissants Penbo & Rowe tomorrow :rolleyes:

if we don't end up with 52k membership this year I'll be dammed...and especially with the release of Ken's speech to leader ship group would have generated another 500 for those who were on the verge on buying one.....Brilliant..... that's professionalism at its best!!

Sorry but that sounds so tacky. We're a football club not a plastic franchise. If I wanted a carnival and buskers I'd go to the fair, not the footy.
Total rubbish!! Then why is everyone so excited about moving from Footy Park to Adelaide Oval? Why is everyone talking about the great atmosphere there? About the entertainment in the city? About the Kid Zones? About the band? About the families that are renewing memberships? Is that tacky? Is taking your family to the footy with the intent of having a good time, teaching your young son and daughter to barrack for this great club WITHOUT being assailed by a group of totally drunk young yobs, yelling at every opposition player calling then f+++n c+++ts, mother+++++s, also tacky? If you do, I pity you! I have attended hundred of matches in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Gold Coast over the last 30 years while outside Adelaide, were passionate supporters have screamed, yelled, and vented (and I have been among them) but all in the spirit of football. I have no problems with that
Keep that kind of stuff for lame soulless franchises like the Camries and the Suns, while our supporters actually support the team!
Dont you mean CLUB!!:confused: The "soulless franchises" also have teams you know!
I am getting pretty sick of this silly line! Keep it for your inane banter with Crows supporters, dont throw it at genuine Port supporter! "Oh we come from the great Port Magpies. Oh we are a club, not a team. Oh we are are not a franchise." Mate, I have been passionately following this great club since my first game I attended in I973. I have supported Port through thick and thin, from near & far. But the thing is, I happen to also respect the opposition and their supporters, even those of the "soulless franchises." Its wonderful to see what the GC are doing up here, and the passion that their supporters have for their "soulless franchises" ... it actually might surprise you!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And furthermore, like it, or don't like it...but the crows are now almost 1/4 century old. They are hardly a new franchise. Of course it's got nothing on 1870 :)

I love all the positive stuff too, but it does make me a bit nervous. We have only played two games, albeit good ones, and have a lot of tough ones coming up. But I need to get used to being able to trust Kenny and the boys to do what they promised. Leading up to the Showdown we were universally tipped to win and that worried me. When the crows hit the lead I got that old sinking feeling that we were going to lose, and we all know what happened next :D

After a few years of regularly getting your hopes up only to have them dashed it may take a little while to get used to the fact that we have a team that is mentally strong and will play every game out to the final siren.

I will feel much more comfortable with these sort of predictions when/if we win the next couple of games and then maybe beat one of the more highly favoured sides.

Total rubbish!! Then why is everyone so excited about moving from Footy Park to Adelaide Oval? Why is everyone talking about the great atmosphere there? About the entertainment in the city? About the Kid Zones? About the band? About the families that are renewing memberships? Is that tacky? Is taking your family to the footy with the intent of having a good time, teaching your young son and daughter to barrack for this great club WITHOUT being assailed by a group of totally drunk young yobs, yelling at every opposition player calling then f+++n c+++ts, mother+++++s, also tacky? If you do, I pity you! I have attended hundred of matches in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Gold Coast over the last 30 years while outside Adelaide, were passionate supporters have screamed, yelled, and vented (and I have been among them) but all in the spirit of football. I have no problems with that
Dont you mean CLUB!!:confused: The "soulless franchises" also have teams you know!
I am getting pretty sick of this silly line! Keep it for your inane banter with Crows supporters, dont throw it at genuine Port supporter! "Oh we come from the great Port Magpies. Oh we are a club, not a team. Oh we are are not a franchise." Mate, I have been passionately following this great club since my first game I attended in I973. I have supported Port through thick and thin, from near & far. But the thing is, I happen to also respect the opposition and their supporters, even those of the "soulless franchises." Its wonderful to see what the GC are doing up here, and the passion that their supporters have for their "soulless franchises" ... it actually might surprise you!

Gone way off topic to the thread so agree to disagree, shall we? You like the carnival and I like the ferals - hopefully there's room for both of us at AO. :thumbsu:

And furthermore, like it, or don't like it...but the crows are now almost 1/4 century old. They are hardly a new franchise. Of course it's got nothing on 1870 :)

And they have done nothing this century, long may that continue

Stay home and watch on telly mate, far better than having people annoy you by enjoying footy in their own way, the way that sport has been followed for many years.
Personally now that I am older, I like to sit and discuss the game with those around me, but don't begrudge those who want to stand on the hill or with the cheer squad screaming their lungs out swear words or not.

Enjoy it your way and let others enjoy it their way. There are plenty of areas in the ground where it's more 'civilised'.

I love all the positive stuff too, but it does make me a bit nervous. We have only played two games, albeit good ones, and have a lot of tough ones coming up. But I need to get used to being able to trust Kenny and the boys to do what they promised. Leading up to the Showdown we were universally tipped to win and that worried me. When the crows hit the lead I got that old sinking feeling that we were going to lose, and we all know what happened next :D

After a few years of regularly getting your hopes up only to have them dashed it may take a little while to get used to the fact that we have a team that is mentally strong and will play every game out to the final siren.

I will feel much more comfortable with these sort of predictions when/if we win the next couple of games and then maybe beat one of the more highly favoured sides.

Different squad to yesteryear IMO Different culture and different ethos. I have no doubt these boys are not splintered like previous groups. We aren't ahead of ourselves either, we are just trying to continue our media profile, which is taking advantage of being an open club. If people like Penderpee wish to convert that to some fake arrogance, good luck to them, personally it sounds like a bitter supporter from another club who isn't getting all the attention.

The club has been clever, forward thinking and assertive in it's marketing plan, I hope it continues, if people are criticising, it must be working :)

That's because all the drunk yobbos are at the Rugby :p

If membership & attendances are anything to go by AFL is really struggling in Brisbane at least, hopefully an exciting Gold Coast side over the next few years can keep the code relevant in Rugby heartland.
The drunk yobbos certainly wouldn't be at the Rah Rah, they'd all be at the League, ;)

What you have to ask yourself is "What has the club actually promised?"

Two things - hard running (we will never give up) and contested footy (we will turn up).

That's it. There was no self aggrandizement from our coach saying how our midfield is the best in the league, how it was hot in summer, how our players had injuries, how if he sinks this putt the club will win the flag. None of that s**t. It's everyone else that is starting to take notice.

Control the things you can, and the rest will take care of itself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back