Preview AFL Round 5 - Geelong v Hawthorn, MCG, Monday 21 April 3:20PM

Predict the margin

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha- I do love Rex's fat lady call. :) knock knock!!! I actually watched it on Foxtel, so missed it at the time. Happy to listen over and over and over....

"surely not even Geelong could lose it from here"..
well, that's a bit insulting, isn't it?

No that was our reputation , losing the un-lose -able mainly from playing this weeks opponent. The pain oh the pain

Sewell is almost cooked, he's in worse shape than Podsiadly in his final game for us while Shoenmakers is the biggest dud since our very own. . .ummm, actually I shouldn't say that but you get the idea.

Apart from Lake and Whitecross, they are not going to get any better at all from now until the end of the season. We also have improvement in the legs of Varcoe, Horlin-Smith, Caddy and Hawkins as opposed to the previous season.
Wait til you see young Jedi come back into the team in a few weeks. Stratton was 4th in our Best and Fairest last year and I'm sure you remember the two huge marks he took late in the pre-lim. Sewell by all reports had his best pre-season in a long time until he pinged his hammy. Young Brad Hill will only get better as the year goes on. We also have pretty good depth in all areas of the ground and should be able to cover injuries quite well as we have so far this year. Underestimate us now or in September at your own risk.

Wait til you see young Jedi come back into the team in a few weeks. Stratton was 4th in our Best and Fairest last year and I'm sure you remember the two huge marks he took late in the pre-lim. Sewell by all reports had his best pre-season in a long time until he pinged his hammy. Young Brad Hill will only get better as the year goes on. We also have pretty good depth in all areas of the ground and should be able to cover injuries quite well as we have so far this year. Underestimate us now or in September at your own risk.
I don't think we've EVER underestimated the Hawks. We are actually more likely to underestimate the Cats :(

the hawk defence is at its weakest
sewell will play ahead of simpkin come finals
shoen will play ahead of spangher

we have motlop and alan to come back
injuries will dictate the gf

all we need is menzel- and bazinga

the hawk defence is at its weakest
sewell will play ahead of simpkin come finals
shoen will play ahead of spangher

we have motlop and alan to come back
injuries will dictate the gf

all we need is menzel- and bazinga
I don't think menzel will be our magic bullet for finals. Don't forget he hasn't played footy for... how long??? MUCH too long! I want him fit and firing next year so don't want him rushed back.

Underestimate us now or in September at your own risk.

it's funny, reading the posts on the Hawthorn board, there does not seem to be very much respect given to Geelong whatsoever, in fact, some nuffies are singling out certain young players but hey, feel free to continue quoting my original post if it makes you blokes happy :)

I'll say again, Sewell is done and Shoenmakers, well. . .there is a reason why Hawthorn succeeded in the finals last year and won the big one without him choking or turning it over (Dawson does the same thing at Fremantle).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it's funny, reading the posts on the Hawthorn board, there does not seem to be very much respect given to Geelong whatsoever, in fact, some nuffies are singling out certain young players but hey, feel free to continue quoting my original post if it makes you blokes happy :)

I'll say again, Sewell is done and Shoenmakers, well. . .there is a reason why Hawthorn succeeded in the finals last year and won the big one without him choking or turning it over (Dawson does the same thing at Fremantle).
I have a lot of respect for Geelong (and I enjoy the way they play!). I know I bit by responding but I raised some valid points regarding where we have improvement in our team to come throughout the year. You obviously don't agree (and cut the names I raised for where we have improvement when quoting my comment) but it is your board and I'm not here to troll or talk rubbish. However if you have spent time on the HTB you will have noticed there are a lot of us that are genuinely nervous about this game and respect Geelong for the sustained success they have managed to achieve over an extended period of time along with some of us who are cocky due to our outstanding start to the season. I have seen examples of the same on this board but that is your right as it is your board.

I would like to argue though that it is dangerous to get confident if you guys get close but just lose and assume you will get us at the end of the year because you believe we have little scope for improvement.

he had taken 3-4 steps, so whether there was 'prior opportunity' probably depends on which team you support.
From memory it looked bad but I don't think a proper tackle was executed and Duncan merely had the ball knocked out of his hands, so the call of "play on" was the correct one

I still get nervous watching replays of the 2007 prelim!!! Thank god for ablett and THAT goal!!! And everyone standing up in that game - from Stokes getting 3 early goals through to Johnno getting 2 in a minute when we needed it etc! Everyone pulled their weight. I agree though - i was able to enjoy the following week MUCH more (although being a cats supporter i still wasn't convinced we were home till 3 quarter time! :p )

Smithy and THAT smother….

Go Catters

Just heard on the news a quote from Luke Hodge apparently from the Footy Show last night. Players "hit harder" and he "feels sorer" after a game way more than when he started 13 years ago. An instructive lesson for the couch critics here who claim the game is getting softer.;)

Just heard on the news a quote from Luke Hodge apparently from the Footy Show last night. Players "hit harder" and he "feels sorer" after a game way more than when he started 13 years ago. An instructive lesson for the couch critics here who claim the game is getting softer.;)
Hodge is getting softer,13 years in this game takes it toll on every one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back