Autopsy Round 5 2014 - Brisbane v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Really am proud.
Just started lots of work to do but I know he's up for it!

Always been interested in what it must be like watching your child start out in the game. Are you totally focused on him at all times or do you manage to take in the whole contest?

I am excited!!! No doubt we are in for some tough times but i genuinely think we will come out better for it on the other side, I love Leppa's composure in the box

Again, going back to Rocky's comments on 360, Lewis Taylor's comments on the fancast and Schwab's presser, the high energy offensive play has always been part of the plan, we just hadn't been executing it.

I don't think this is Leppa starting afresh with a new/altered plan compared to previous weeks. I think it's just us getting a little bit better at doing what is required.
So by the end of the season we should be in premiership contention?

Always been interested in what it must be like watching your child start out in the game. Are you totally focused on him at all times or do you manage to take in the whole contest?
Great point!
I watch till his rotation (him) just to see his work off the ball , which I think is pretty good.
Watch the whole game but sometimes get drawn to Nick, only natural?
It's surreal, really strange ATM.
This time lady year he was at home training with West a Perth, today lines up on Cotchin!

Apparently Hampson had 50 something hitouts to West's 25 or so, but I think all that shows is that hitouts is not the most reliable of stats. Hampson wasslightly better in the ruck, but West had more impact around the ground despite not getting much of the ball.

I think at 3/4 time Richmond had one more hitout to advantage and we were only down 1 in the clearances.

I am excited!!! No doubt we are in for some tough times but i genuinely think we will come out better for it on the other side, I love Leppa's composure in the box

Agree....he's got an injury ravaged side that by default requires him to play more "kids" than I'm sure he originally planned to do. No point in him losing the plot by bashing on his desk, throwing things around the box or acting like a simmering volcano ala Mick Malthouse.

Yet there are those who want him to throw the toys out of the cot on a regular basis as"proof" that he cares.

Off to Wellington next week Robbo44 ?

Quite an adventure.
Nah, got another son playing colts at West Perth
Can't be everywhere (if he plays)
Want to spend as much time with Daniel and his footy as well.
Jodes in Brissy for 10 days in late May and I'm back aug for a week
Get across as much as we can

Nah, got another son playing colts at West Perth
Can't be everywhere (if he plays)
Want to spend as much time with Daniel and his footy as well.
Jodes in Brissy for 10 days in late May and I'm back aug for a week
Get across as much as we can

Love it mate. Good to see how supportive you guys are for his move. I hope he is a Lion for life. He will be a part of a brilliant culture we are building.

P.S Tell your other son QLD is nice (but not the G.C- only smelly folk live there)

Interesting that Robertson, Cutler and possibly Taylor have passed Aish. It's going to be interesting to see if Aish can add another string to his bow or if he'll end up as an accumulator.

Interesting that Robertson, Cutler and possibly Taylor have passed Aish. It's going to be interesting to see if Aish can add another string to his bow or if he'll end up as an accumulator.
He's a slow burner.

Definitely the Luke Power type. He'll not dazzle, but in a few months/years we'll dread life without him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a slow burner.

Definitely the Luke Power type. He'll not dazzle, but in a few months/years we'll dread life without him.

Aish definitely does some nice stuff but he's not as noticeable as Robbo or Cutler or Taylor adds some pace we desperately need. Just think Aish needs to add to his inside work or his polish to take the next step.

Really happy with the effort last night. Great to see the boys won a quarter and really started to get a few things to click. Robertson, Cutler, Gardiner and Taylor are enjoyable to watch. Disappointed with Lisle and Patfull. Boy are they stinky. Browny really shone and showed me he might get through the year.

As with most Gabba games, once the boys started to fade so did the crowd. We really need to work on that as supporters, however, I hope the energy through the 2nd and third Quarter, both from the crowd and from their team-mates has shown our young lads that this can be a fun and exciting place to play footy.

After last night.
I am confident that our young players will be good enough to improve us. I am confident that Leppa will give them the time and games needed to develop and the faith to build their confidence.

I am terrified that some of them will leave because they get tired of waiting for the wins.

If this team doesn't change, they are going to get hit over, the head with a wooden spoon.

I saw a little mention of game plan but I'm surprised it hasn't been a big part of the discussion, leppa gave them license to go ham down the middle with strings of hand passes. He has constantly mentioned he wants a multifaceted game plan, well - I am guessing we will be a conservative chip pass hold it up team at times, and a 'down the highway team' at other times.. I was happy to see us run and link up (albeit with so many horrible hand pass options) - I hate to say it, but the way Richmond played for the first half with the non attacking style is what we have practicing for the last 3-4 weeks, so I hope we are better at it than them after 4 years, or start drafting some players that can kick and execute that style of play. Hawks do it because they have supreme kicking and players who can jet off an opponent when the time comes. I agree leppa didn't change the game plan back to last year at 1/4 time, he just rolled out a different element of it

Merrett and maybe Green back next week.. cupboard still bare outside that though. If Green is right, will be interesting to see who makes way. Bewick is the logical out, but I think he has been handy. Perhaps he drops back to sub.

Merrett and maybe Green back next week.. cupboard still bare outside that though. If Green is right, will be interesting to see who makes way. Bewick is the logical out, but I think he has been handy. Perhaps he drops back to sub.

I'd much rather see Golby dropped for Green. I think we keep Bewick at least until McGrath is back.

I would to playing out of position.
That's the problem...there is no position for him.

He's been tried forward and isn't strong enough to be the answer there. He's gone into the ruck and performed ordinary. Hes gone down back and been absolutely dreadful...we are out of positions for him.

I swear every time we switched play in the back line and it went to Jordan, it was like watching a freakin horror movie. How many goals did they get out of that play!!! I supported the kid for a long time but enough is enough. He's never going to cut it. Bad draft pick..cop it, cut it, move on.

loved robo and taylor . robbo44 finaly that kid of yours has given us some pig at the contests !!! thank christ !!!!!!!! love his work
cutler showed a bit as well.
lisle mmmmmm poor old ace got the push by many to favour him, got some work ahead of him thats for sure.
our defence was as slack as a rubber band miles from the richmond forwards , either jack had some form of pox or patfull isnt half fit , i suspect the latter

just gotta persevere only option ! time for goose and some more experienced bodies ! kids are doing it tough

Remove this Banner Ad

Back