Media Letting go of the seed - When real life effects the fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

For breakfast?

I bungee jumped a week ago and nearly s**t, would that suffice?
Nearly s**t? No not good enough you need to apply yourself 100% to get the chocolates.
**** those interstate ring-ins, we gotta get the SA boys together for a curry.
I'll always have a free curry for you lover.
Are you also saying I can stay at yours?

When are North playing there next? ;)
If you're a fan of curling up on the end of my bed like a cat, sure thing.

To be honest, I'd rather plant my seed rather than letting it go.

But nice thread.

More L♥VE less hate.

Personal attacks in the SFA are for 'half back flankers'

Last edited:

There's a difference between antagonism and genuine attacks at the poster.

There is but some take it to far. Antagonising is looking to make the other hostile and can become unfriendly and while this is ok I think some need to know when to move on.

Oh and if anyone is every in Canberra then I will be happy to point you to the nearest pr0n shop

**** those interstate ring-ins, we gotta get the SA boys together for a curry.
Isn't it funny but It seems there are a lot of SA guys in the SFA. Or we might just stick out :confused:

Isn't it funny but It seems there are a lot of SA guys in the SFA. Or we might just stick out :confused:

Definitely stick out when you have been away for 20 years!!!

I go back regularly and I generally feel younger when I head back as so many people have just remained the same as when I left. Like stepping back in time for me :)

There is but some take it to far. Antagonising is looking to make the other hostile and can become unfriendly and while this is ok I think some need to know when to move on.

Oh and if anyone is every in Canberra then I will be happy to point you to the nearest pr0n shop
I knew there was someone else as unfortunate as me and akkaps

Interesting article. A good opinion piece that provokes discussion.

There are really two talking points. One being whether or not antagonism has a place in a league that people are here to enjoy. Two, when antagonism goes too far.

I have always believed that, as a league, it is in our best interests to embrace differences in posting style. That includes antagonistic posting. The state of the league (in terms of what is respected/missing) seems to be cyclical, but at times people whinge about the place becoming "too nice." Some posters get bored by the whole thing when there is no controversy, edge, even the occasional meltdown.

I think what people get sick of (and what MP is speaking out against) is people that are constantly antagonising. People that are unable to find a good mix, and will just go on the attack again and again and again. It can become tiresome. But then, more importantly, when these people become genuinely angry and their attacks start to tread the line between persona and person, it has gone too far.

MP makes a great point about RL not having an impact on posting in here. It's absolutely true. I mean, of course, if you are busy in RL you will post less here (so that is an impact). But if you are in a bad place, that shouldn't impact how aggressively you post in a fantasy footy competition. Always remember that we all make our comments based on the persona and with no knowledge about what's happening in RL. So don't bring it to the game.

I love to have fun here. I've done it for 5 years. But fun for some people does involve antagonism. It does involve opinions being challenged. It involves the inclusion of posters that don't give a s**t what others think. That don't want to be part of a popularity contest. The very best posters are the ones that can find a balance between fun/banter/antagonism/game-related talk/general discussion etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depending on your age Canberra is ideal.

Has an extremely low unemployment rate.
Has pr0n.
2 hours from the snow
2.5 hours from Sydney
Has pr0n.
Great place to bring up children.
Has all 4 seasons.
Has pr0n

But does it have pr0n?

I find brothers arguing on a forum much more offensive that people being antagonistic

Only if you're stupid enough to think its real arguing.

Depending on your age Canberra is ideal.

Has an extremely low unemployment rate.
Has pr0n.
2 hours from the snow
2.5 hours from Sydney
Has pr0n.
Great place to bring up children.
Has all 4 seasons.
Has pr0n
Two young kids so good for them. s**t for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back