News Good Friday Game?

Should we play Good Friday

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Alot of people against it dont even know the origins of easter and most people i have spoken to dont know how they work out the date for it every year.

surely if it offends people they can just not watch?

Alot of people against it dont even know the origins of easter and most people i have spoken to dont know how they work out the date for it every year.

surely if it offends people they can just not watch?

You guys wouldn't have survived back when games were all on a Saturday afternoon.

You guys wouldn't have survived back when games were all on a Saturday afternoon.
the funny thing is i would actually prefer it that way like the nfl does wiht most of its games.

AFL saturday afternoon is an ideal time for me and VFL back on sundays means i would never have to worry about a clash.

Shops closed at 5p.m. on Fridays, Midday on Saturdays and no Sunday trading........nothing.
Sounds crazy that we'd go back to those dark days (were they really that dark?)
Remember the term sly grog? Yes kids...............you could not buy alcohol on Sundays unless you paid an illegal operator a premium

If we were going to be honest about Good Friday, why are TV presenter working?
Why not shut down radio, tv, services etc etc? Why not?

You just have to organise yourself properly. The supermarkets last night were crazy. All bottled water, bread, toilet paper sold out. One day with no trading and people think the apocalypse has come.

Everybody ... get out your 95 GF DVD and watch it, if anybody knocks on the door, they are probably there to steal what you have. Shoot them! BigFooty Doomsday Preppers Unite!

You just have to organise yourself properly. The supermarkets last night were crazy. All bottled water, bread, toilet paper sold out. One day with no trading and people think the apocalypse has come.

Everybody ... get out your 95 GF DVD and watch it, if anybody knocks on the door, they are probably there to steal what you have. Shoot them! BigFooty Doomsday Preppers Unite!
i see it every time the shops are closed for the day... i laugh at everyone buing up in long life milk and canned goods its like they are getting locked away fro a few years

Shops closed at 5p.m. on Fridays, Midday on Saturdays and no Sunday trading........nothing.
Sounds crazy that we'd go back to those dark days (were they really that dark?)
Remember the term sly grog? Yes kids...............you could not buy alcohol on Sundays unless you paid an illegal operator a premium

If we were going to be honest about Good Friday, why are TV presenters working?
Why not shut down radio, tv, services etc etc? Why not?

Just hope Carlton gets the game next year although if it's a year like this year............:eek:

How did people go shopping if they worked until five or later mon-fri?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They got off at 4 and made the most of their time.

Once Friday night shopping came about people found new ways of spending money.
They bought things they didn't really need just for the thrill of being out shopping when it was dark.......:)

Saturday morning had popular stores packed and I mean packed.
People in clothing stores shoulder to shoulder. People changing outside the change rooms. Garments being thrown around over the top of peoples heads by sales staff. Crazy s**t but fun at the same time.

Are you being sarcastic? I can't tell :(

Important week at work = working good friday. For me thats super good because today is generally boring around the home, and i'm getting 2 days off in lieu of needing to work on a public holiday.

those cheating scum can get their mits off of our friday game we have been fighting for.

not everything needs to be saturated with your scummy ways essendon*

those cheating scum can get their mits off of our friday game we have been fighting for.

not everything needs to be saturated with your scummy ways essendon*

Yep. Some Essendon supporters suggested a Carlton v Essendon game but I'd rather play North. We have been pushing for this with North since 1992 and I've got little interest in back stabbing North Melbourne.

BlefAfnCMAA6Rzz.jpg

A prelude gathering to what's coming next year?

That's what I thought when I saw the pic too. Check out booty's terrible beard.

Yep. Some Essendon supporters suggested a Carlton v Essendon game but I'd rather play North. We have been pushing for this with North since 1992 and I've got little interest in back stabbing North Melbourne.

They've got Anzac Day & Dreamtime at the G ffs. :rolleyes:

I'll restrain myself from saying what I really want to say!

They've got Anzac Day & Dreamtime at the G ffs. :rolleyes:

I'll restrain myself from saying what I really want to say!

Collingwood can piss off as well since you saw Eddie pushing for the Geelong V Collingwood fixture last night.

Carlton's big enough to look after North in a GF clash.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Carlton is happy for us to give up our 'season opener' (that really wasn't, this year) against Richmond in order to play against North on GF. If we all had to choose between the two, which would you prefer?

Back