Autopsy Blues win against the Dogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

The injury toll from this match could be very high, we know Judd is gone for a while but there will be a huge question mark over Curnow now plus there may be a couple of others we don't know about.

With this gutsy win, hopefully the media can switch their focus on someone else and give us a reprieve.

Still cannot give any kudos to White & Rowe but Waite certainly had a fair dip as did Murphy and Warnock got his hand to it with regular monotony. Curnow gave Libba Jnr a bath until he got injured and Henderson was sensational up forward.

Having three big marking forwards (Henderson, Waite & Casboult) to kick to makes such a difference. Whilst it is unsure whether Casboult will make it (I don't) and Waite hasn't long left in the game, surely this performance highlights the need to recruit some quality key position depth.

Scotland's brainfade in the last quarter could of sealed it for us earlier but his longevity in the game will also be another talking point.

All in all, this was a win out of adversity and clearly showed that Mick's Boundary Line plan doesn't work for us as we used the centre corridor with run and flair to set up the win early.

Lastly, whilst I am thrilled with this win, I'm not shying away from any of the comments I've made over the past month regarding the quality of our playing list and the need for a rebuild. All this has done is convinced me that we do in fact have the nucleus to build from over the next two-years.

Really sucks about Judd & Curnow.

BUT

What a gut-busting performance from our lads!

I'm not gonna go into any further analysis because I want to let the seas of victory wash over me for a while.

#UNITED

22 players who played for one another in a game plan demanding good, hard, fast football where playing on and out gut running the opposition. What happens? Probably the gutsiest Carlton win since round 3, 2001 against Essendon.

#UNITED

I'm not getting too excited but it was a really good win. The effort was there all game which is all we can ask for.

Waite will probably have 5 horrible games in a row after this one.

I love watching Tom Bell, his hustle and determination today was fantastic.

Did anyone else like Rowe in the back line? Other than that horrible turnover I thought he was pretty solid.

22 players who played for one another in a game plan demanding good, hard, fast football where playing on and out gut running the opposition. What happens? Probably the gutsiest Carlton win since round 3, 2001 against Essendon.

#UNITED
I don't remember the last time the team lost key players in a close one and actually dug deep to win it. Bloody brilliant stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I slagged off Warnock all week - he was ******* brilliant, particularly in the first half.

Henderson, Waite & Casboult all played their roles superbly - if we can stick with this three-prong tall forward structure we will be a far better side for it.

Murphy, Gibbs & Curnow were outstanding in the middle. Really hope Ed isn't seriously injured because he is an absolute gun now (and his desire to stay on the ground when badly hurt was so inspiring to see).

Everitt was pretty quiet but there is just something about this guy, he kicks the ball VERY well and often bobs up with an effective play at critical moments.

Lucas was very good, he should be very proud of his effort.

Bell put in some absolutely monster efforts in the last quarter when he should have been out on his feet, some very brave running from him specifically.

Walker and Simmo created some great rebound and were instrumental in getting our 'play on at all costs' gameplan going from the back 50 (Yaz was also important to this end).

Fantastic tackling effort tonight too! Loved seeing us take the game on again through the corridor tonight, albeit against an opposition who would be very disappointed with how they performed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back