Hartlett vs Martin vs Ziebell vs Shuey

Which 1 of these players will be the best? Hartlett vs Martin vs Ziebell vs Shuey

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I agree that Martin and Hartlett are the best 2 of the 4. I love Martin, there's a lot to love about his game. Hartlett is more polished for mine.

Martin is the most underrated player in the league. He's produced miles more than any of the other 3 over the course of the journey so far.

I agree, individually he is better but at what cost to the team. That would be my only question mark against him.

Ziebell's numbers might not have been amazing but he stood up massively in the third quarter when the game was on the line.

Hartlett is so far behind Martin it's not funny. Martin wins this in a canter. Was unbelievable last night, should get the three votes.

Hartlett is so far behind Martin it's not funny. Martin wins this in a canter. Was unbelievable last night, should get the three votes.

yep, one of the best halves of footy I have seen for a while

It's not his fault he plays for a disfunctional team. If he was in a better team he'd be even more destructive to the opposition.

It is his fault he can't run out a full game and it is his fault he brings an unsavoury element to the club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Martin must wonder wtf goes through his teammates heads sometimes.
Was unstoppable in the 2nd quarter.
Ziebell was near worst at half time.
Yet his influence in the second half when the game was up for grabs was underrated.
Was everywhere.
Goes to show good depth makes you a better player.

Averages more possessions and goals than any of the other 3. If he's not running games out the others must be lazy.

Unsavoury element to the club? Storm in a tea cup.

That's what a certain club said about cousins. How did that work out for the individual?

Those days are gone and everyone has learned from turning a blind eye to off field issues.

Hartlett was best on ground on saturday

not saying hes better (Because i think martin is the best of the 4 so far), but comments like this are ridiculous.

for me its like this:

Martin
Hartlett

Shuey
Zeibell
I was having a bit of fun based off Power Raid's snide comment because even though his second half was putrid his first half was massive enough to still call his game good. Just a shame he got no support later in the game and started giving away stupid frees because he had run out of patience. Still 20 possessions and 4 goals would be close to one of Hartlett's best games.

I was having a bit of fun based off Power Raid's snide comment because even though his second half was putrid his first half was massive enough to still call his game good. Just a shame he got no support later in the game and started giving away stupid frees because he had run out of patience. Still 20 possessions and 4 goals would be close to one of Hartlett's best games.
Pffft you haven't seen alot of Hartlett obviously

That's what a certain club said about cousins. How did that work out for the individual?

Those days are gone and everyone has learned from turning a blind eye to off field issues.

What unsavory elements though. He's got a few dodgy mates. So does half the AFL. He's not been in serious trouble.

Pffft you haven't seen alot of Hartlett obviously

He's still miles behind. Just look at the raw numbers. It's not even close. Hartlett has already had games of 14 and 16 touches this season. 6 of his 9 games he's had 21 touches or less, that's not enough for a supposed prime midfielder.

What unsavory elements though. He's got a few dodgy mates. So does half the AFL. He's not been in serious trouble.

He's still miles behind. Just look at the raw numbers. It's not even close. Hartlett has already had games of 14 and 16 touches this season. 6 of his 9 games he's had 21 touches or less, that's not enough for a supposed prime midfielder.
He's also contending with a deeper a midfield at Port

But a quick look at the stats show Richmond have more players averaging over 20 touches a game than Port?

Don't get me wrong i like Hartlett but he's not put it all together for an entire season like Dusty has and is.

Disposal count means stuff all. It's easy to get the high numbers when you're constantly knocking the ball around in the backline. I'm not saying either is better - all I'm saying is it's how effective those disposals are.

Disposal count means stuff all. It's easy to get the high numbers when you're constantly knocking the ball around in the backline. I'm not saying either is better - all I'm saying is it's how effective those disposals are.
Other than an aborted attempt to play Dusty of halfback to start the year he gets almost all his 25 touches through the front half.

Other than an aborted attempt to play Dusty of halfback to start the year he gets almost all his 25 touches through the front half.

There's a few guys at Richmond that rack up a lot of touches and do nothing with it, Dusty is definitely not one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back