2nds WAFL Watch 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Doughboy and I were sitting in front of Yeo, Shep, Brown, Colledge and JK this arvo at the game. Had a chat with Yeo regarding his injury and he said that he will be having scans on Monday to check the hand, no-one is sure if he will play out the year. He snapped his metacarpal and the bone was protruding through the skin (he has a plate and screws), Doughy mentioned that is was a great effort to continue playing, he said he couldn't feel the whole arm due to the jab.
Also had a chat about his move from HB (at the Lions) to the midfield and he said that he is "loving it". He mentioned that Vossy had a go at himn regarding his defensive efforts but he has taken it all on board now and concentrating on that side of his game. I also mentioned that he has really added some great run and excitement into the Eagles midfield and hope he gets out there again soon. He smiled and said thanks, I giggled like a school girl.
He was genuinely interested in chatting with us, super bloke super player.

Last edited:

Were you sitting near the scoreboard swannies?

Bennell was the best over the stretch. Laughed when he went into the middle in the last, Dawson just threw a few players around and the game as out of EF's reach instantly.

Karpany really needs to work on his tank. Started in a blaze of glory and was looking tired midway through the second term, he's got a lot of ability though. A true one touch player.

None of the others worthy of mention, Cripps tackled well and finished well but beyond that i thought he was weak for the most part. Needed to win more 50/50 ball.
Yep, that was me. Not near the fence.
Agree completely with that summary, particularly Cripps.

Wow, you struck gold there! That's better then most of the footy articles you read about today. Ever considered a career move into sports journalism?

But there is no money in it plus I reckon its a mugs game.

It was really strange. Doughy and I were in one of the sponsor boxes and we didn't know the WCE boys were behind us until half way through the second when we decided to have a stretch. I forgot to mention that we asked him how the boys were going to fair in the game last night, he said it would be dewy and if they can adapt to the conditions early then they should win it, which they did of course. He really was awesome to talk to and a super genuine bloke. The only thing I regret is not getting JK's autograph, the wife is in love apparently.

Doughy really is your man though, he is in a privileged position to have access to the current and past players.

But there is no money in it plus I reckon its a mugs game.

It was really strange. Doughy and I were in one of the sponsor boxes and we didn't know the WCE boys were behind us until half way through the second when we decided to have a stretch. I forgot to mention that we asked him how the boys were going to fair in the game last night, he said it would be dewy and if they can adapt to the conditions early then they should win it, which they did of course. He really was awesome to talk to and a super genuine bloke. The only thing I regret is not getting JK's autograph, the wife is in love apparently.

Doughy really is your man though, he is in a privileged position to have access to the current and past players.

However I am not cheap!

Looking at EP reserve stats & it's looks like Dylan Main had a big one with 29 touches. (13k 16hb 8m 8t 6I50)
Anyone watch the game and have any idea where he was playing? Half back?

Its interesting watching Freo blood young Talls in Apeness and Taberner lately.

Both there form for Peel as been average at best.

From our list Fraser McInnes has been much better player than both those but cant,
crack a game for us.

If he was on Freo's list would be playing every week.

Should of played McInnes ahead of Sinclair on the weekend with hindsight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its interesting watching Freo blood young Talls in Apeness and Taberner lately.

Both there form for Peel as been average at best.

From our list Fraser McInnes has been much better player than both those but cant,
crack a game for us.

If he was on Freo's list would be playing every week.

Should of played McInnes ahead of Sinclair on the weekend with hindsight.

We're probably beefing up Sinclair's trade value.

Any chance McInnes will get a game this year?

THE WEST AUSTRALIAN " AFL WATCH "

Jamie Bennell
- Proved the last quarter game-breaker , shut down Brett Peake earlier .
Jamie Cripps - Kicked two goals . Flashed in and out of the game .
Josh Hill - Looked dangerous but missed a few shots on goal . Finished with two goals .
Malcolm Karpany - Sparkled in first quarter when he kicked two goals and set up a third .
Dylan Main - Prominent and one of East Perth's best in the reserves .
Fraser McInnes - Steady game . Presented well and kicked three goals .
Sharrod Wellingham - Started slowly but worked his way into the game , having 26 disposals .

Doughboy and I were sitting in front of Yeo, Shep, Brown, Colledge and JK this arvo at the game. Had a chat with Yeo regarding his injury and he said that he will be having scans on Monday to check the hand, no-one is sure if he will play out the year. He snapped his metacarpal and the bone was protruding through the skin (he has a plate and screws), Doughy mentioned that is was a great effort to continue playing, he said he couldn't feel the whole arm due to the jab.
Also had a chat about his move from HB (at the Lions) to the midfield and he said that he is "loving it". He mentioned that Vossy had a go at himn regarding his defensive efforts but he has taken it all on board now and concentrating on that side of his game. I also mentioned that he has really added some great run and excitement into the Eagles midfield and hope he gets out there again soon. He smiled and said thanks, I giggled like a school girl.
He was genuinely interested in chatting with us, super bloke super player.
Thanks for sharing that, great to hear they like talking to there fans.

Like McGovern was? It's still a game of football and he can't magically get the ball.
McGovern is a poor comparison, they played at different ends of the ground.

It is not a good sign when at times he is getting the oppositions third best tall defender, behind two East Perth listed players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back