Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
does garlett definitely want out? or is it just a strong hunch around here?

I am sure most here don't know for sure, but he gives off the impression he wants out. He actually may not get a say in it. I am sure MM won't stand for a player like Jeff being more cold than hot and cannot run in the midfield.

Not sure I'd be interested in Toby Greene.

Had a magnificent first season at AFL level but hasn't produced to that standard since.

Decent footballer but he's nothing special. Let's also not forget his disposal skills which are a real worry. Turnover merchant if ever there was one.

Had a magnificent first season at AFL level but hasn't produced to that standard since.

Decent footballer but he's nothing special. Let's also not forget his disposal skills which are a real worry. Turnover merchant if ever there was one.
He should go to Richmond and team up with cotchin.

Jack would never see the pill again

A bit harsh in my opinion. His first season spoke of his obvious talent, I feel any decent club should be backing themselves in to refine the weaker aspects of his game.

Still very young and I think he would flourish with a more senior midfield around him. Our midfielders have had huge issues with achieving 30+ possession games (obviously our longer-kicking gameplan effects these numbers) and I think Greene is the type of ball magnet we should be after.

He would be praised and might just push Grigg out if the team

Grigg is a Pea Heart front runner, oh wait, he hides behind the ball out the back and gets the cheapies.
Greene ain't anywhere near that bad. Disposal needs a bit of work, but if we signed Bell, then I think we back our staff to get disposal of some of our players better.

Grigg is a Pea Heart front runner, oh wait, he hides behind the ball out the back and gets the cheapies.
Greene ain't anywhere near that bad. Disposal needs a bit of work, but if we signed Bell, then I think we back our staff to get disposal of some of our players better.
Not comparing the 2 directly but Greene's disposal of late has been average.

Play style Greene is much harder at it than Grigg

A bit harsh in my opinion. His first season spoke of his obvious talent, I feel any decent club should be backing themselves in to refine the weaker aspects of his game.

Still very young and I think he would flourish with a more senior midfield around him. Our midfielders have had huge issues with achieving 30+ possession games (obviously our longer-kicking gameplan effects these numbers) and I think Greene is the type of ball magnet we should be after.

I'm not doubting his talent.

He's a magnificent accumulator who has the ability to find the ball with an ease not matched by his peers in a similar age bracket.

We saw that in full flight in his first year when he was let loose and given the freedom to hunt the ball unhindered by defensive responsibilities.

Hasn't matched that output since but clearly he's been asked to play a significantly different role for GWS. He's now used primarily as a tagger so it's no surprise his numbers are down in comparison.

As good an accumulator as he's shown himself to be, his disposal leaves a hell of a lot to be desired. He's not polished at all by foot and seems to turn the ball over ad nauseum. So whilst if he's let off the leash and allowed to get his 30 touches per game that doesn't seem to be as concerning for some sides in comparison to a player with magnificent disposal getting half that amount of touches.

Not completely dissimilar to Carrazzo in that respect, but clearly Carrazzo is (or at least was, at his best), the better tagger by a fair margin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Age is but a number

Tipping you won't be saying that Mebby when you start getting out of bed looking like a half shut pocket knife.

Always reckon Nick Cave said it best "The only person who can say they're happy getting old is someone who isn't actually old yet. Every day I get less and less happy about that idea".

no way we're gonna get anything of value for garlett

It's true, and it's such a kick in the teeth.

Half way through last season he was by far the best small forward in the comp. Was in the mid-year AA team if I'm not mistaken.

Now some other club is going to swoop in and get him for peanuts because he's reportedly having some family issues. 6 months passes, he goes home, he's back to his happy best and tearing up Subiaco. Including against us.

This is going to suck.

It's true, and it's such a kick in the teeth.

Half way through last season he was by far the best small forward in the comp. Was in the mid-year AA team if I'm not mistaken.

Now some other club is going to swoop in and get him for peanuts because he's reportedly having some family issues. 6 months passes, he goes home, he's back to his happy best and tearing up Subiaco. Including against us.

This is going to suck.
That's why we either keep him or force a better deal.

If GWS are able to demand overs for their players why can't we? He has proven potential but has hit a rough patch.

Giving him up for nothing would be a fools move.

Please tell me I'm wrong. But someone a while ago told me the Eagles wanted Bower but Ratts thought he'd be AA.

Weird, Bower didn't seem to me to be the drinking type....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back