Trigg replacement? who will it be

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear... Are you a professor at "The Derek Zoolander Center for Kids Who Can't Read Good and Wanna Learn to Do Other Stuff Good Too" :D :p

http://www.exed.hbs.edu/faqs/Pages/default.aspx

Does HBS offer an Executive MBA?
Harvard Business School does not offer a part-time MBA or an Executive MBA (eMBA program). The MBA program at HBS requires full-time attendance for two years.
http://www.exed.hbs.edu/about-us/Pages/emba.aspx

As an alternative to an executive MBA program, Harvard Business School delivers an accelerated learning experience that transforms high-potential managers into powerful leaders—the Program for Leadership Development (PLD). Unlike an eMBA, PLD is tailored to your unique needs and leadership challenges. One-on-one coaching, living groups, personal strategy projects, practical application, and a faculty composed of full-time HBS professors are hallmarks of this intensive program.

ScreenShot2014-07-22at75036pm_zpsb3778ad3.png

You KNOW they were ordered to shut their mouths. It was a part of the "agreement" (read demanded outcome) with the AFL. If he opens his mouth now, he leaves us with a law suit. Is that what you want?

Look, that maybe true but we don't know what sub sections the crows lawyers demanded were added and subtracted during the negotiated period in that commission meeting.

We already know the AFL are willing to bend rules and add clauses to contracts to keep the harmony of the game healthy. They did this with Essendon, why wouldn't they do the same with the Crows but whack them in a different area.

So you are at the Derek Zoolander School for kids who don't read good

Finally it makes sense.
As an alternative to an executive MBA program, Harvard Business School delivers an accelerated learning experience that transforms high-potential managers into powerful leaders—the Program for Leadership Development (PLD). Unlike an eMBA, PLD is tailored to your unique needs and leadership challenges. One-on-one coaching, living groups, personal strategy projects, practical application, and a faculty composed of full-time HBS professors are hallmarks of this intensive program.

http://www.exed.hbs.edu/about-us/Pages/emba.aspx

Exactly!!!!

Look, that maybe true but we don't know what sub sections the crows lawyers demanded were added and subtracted during the negotiated period in that commission meeting.

We already know the AFL are willing to bend rules and add clauses to contracts to keep the harmony of the game healthy. They did this with Essendon, why wouldn't they do the same with the Crows but whack them in a different area.

Alex... I am not arguing that that may or may not have happened. Just stating the facts that they were all told to shut up shop. This is what the AFL tries to do to stop the damage to the brand. "If we don't talk about it, it goes away. We WANT it to go away. Make it so." It was the same with Rendell. "Get rid of the problem". They tried that and failed miserably with Hird. And the damage THAT episode has done the brand AND Essendon's brand is enormous.

Dearie, you claim to be in all sorts of things when as it suits.

You might like to do more "research" before claiming such expertise ;)

So you know where I work. Do you know what I do? Or what my qualifications are? If not, STFU.

Well apparently the AFC is a $35 million operation...not sure doing a part time MBA is good enough sans business acumen and experience

Note also we have the 5th lowest revenue in the land ahead of only WB, NM, StK and GWS. We're coming from a long way back after a decade of neglect. We need a gun CEO to restore us to powerhouse status, not just some guy from the club who's a good bloke. This is a crucial decision in the club's history.

We need a CEO that has some vision and drag us into this century.
We are a club that is big enough to go beyond on our own borders and expand our horizons. The new CEO needs to reinvigorate the organization and create new partnerships with business. Get the business side up and running and success in the business of football will follow.
We have a football department that is quite capable of running the team, I remember Koch describing their normal board meetings.
Apparently at the board level very little football is spoken.
It's all about growing the brand and forging new opportunities within the business and wider community .This is why we need a man who is more worldly and has experiences outside of football.

He's not the Chairman but he is the man that pulls the reins and oversees the running of the club. The CEO more than anyone can dictate and turn around a clubs performance by getting a team beneath him that has a clear direction. Too much of our time has been putting out fires or remedying situations which initially should have been handled cleanly and swiftly.

I hope more than anything the successful candidate is plucked form outside the organization.
The Crows can go down the road of steady as she goes and more of the same, a road it appears Chapman favours or they can aim to change and bring in a more dynamic approach .
One which may upset the diehards but brings in a fresh broom to shake the place up with a CEO that doesn't have pre-existing alliances.
I hope they have the foresight to bring in an outsider but with the makeup of the selection panel all existing members of the board I'm not so sure.
I'm hoping it's the best candidate possible not the obvious, preordained Smart choice.

Alex... I am not arguing that that may or may not have happened. Just stating the facts that they were all told to shut up shop. This is what the AFL tries to do to stop the damage to the brand. "If we don't talk about it, it goes away. We WANT it to go away. Make it so." It was the same with Rendell. "Get rid of the problem". They tried that and failed miserably with Hird. And the damage THAT episode has done the brand AND Essendon's brand is enormous.

But my point is - we still don't know the entire story. We don't know if they were told to stop talking about it or asked for that clause to be added to avoid any more lies getting out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

oh ffs. it's an alternative to an eMBA... but it still gives you the accreditation and HBS alumni status.

I didn't make it up... Rucci might have, I just said it was interesting that the Crows sent him on that (if in fact they did).

Its an entirely different thing. Ms I'm in Academia and I'm not confused.

Something entirely different, and as they make clear very far from equivalent. In fact it looks like a corp short course ;)

But my point is - we still don't know the entire story. We don't know if they were told to stop talking about it or asked for that clause to be added to avoid any more lies getting out.
I believe it was an AFL demand... but you will believe whatever you want. I'm sure someone will write a book one day!

Wasn't it " I won't accept criticism from people that aren't qualified"

Who counts as qualified? Corporates? Administration?
Well personally I'm qualified. Over 20 years business experience, have been a finance director of an organisations in the hundreds of millions, so had had no problems reading the financial statements to know AFC is heading south under Trigg's "leadership". I reckon I'm good at sniffing out incompetence & being fed bullshit spin.

I have been agitating because I love AFC & I'm upset that a bunch of arrogant incompetents have taken us from one of the best clubs in the competition to an also ran.

Here's hoping the Roovolution has begun. :)

Of course I don't know what you do.

You claim something new too often for me to keep up :D
Yeah no I don't. I'm 53 years old. Have worked since I was 15. Have lived in three countries, 8 cities and have done many, many different things. I have two degrees. If you can't appreciate that people don't do the same line of work all their life, I can't explain it to you. Right now I work within the biological sciences area - and I work in theatre on the side. Ten years ago - completely different yet again. Ten years before that - even different still.

Hemi you going to have a shot at the title mate?

Nah it needs someone better than me (and Trigg). I'd need more industry experience. One day I'd like to throw my hat in the ring but I'd want to be 100% confident I could make it the best club in the competition. My next couple of moves will determine if I could do that.

In my opinion the person needs to be intelligent, hard driving, professional, tenacious and diplomatic. Reason being as it's those qualities that could change the board from upside down. I changed a board from below once. ******* hard to do without getting your head lopped off!

That is if the board is really that s**t. I think they are but I haven't worked with them.

Yeah no I don't. I'm 53 years old. Have worked since I was 15. Have lived in three countries, 8 cities and have done many, many different things. I have two degrees. If you can't appreciate that people don't do the same line of work all their life, I can't explain it to you. Right now I work within the biological sciences area - and I work in theatre on the side. Ten years ago - completely different yet again. Ten years before that - even different still.

Jack, sorry Jenny of all trades huh? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back