List Mgmt. 2014 Free Agency, draft and trades news and discussion **Not the trade hypotheticals thread"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey fellas. I've been asked to draft for you in the bigfooty mock draft trial run. Before I go in all guns blazing I thought I'd just ask what kinds of players you guys would be after. A long term KPP prospect? Immediate inside production? I'll have four picks so hopefully I'll be able to try and draft to your needs well enough - just hoping to get some genuine insight from the people who are far more vested in the squad than I am :)

Rohan would lucky to get a gig at Box Hill, pass.
Shiel to Melbourne eh? Well feck me, why would you want to go to another joint that plays in empty stadiums each week? He seems like a nuffy this kid.

O'Rourke still looks the goods to me, moves very well and is a nice user.

Rohan would lucky to get a gig at Box Hill, pass.
Shiel to Melbourne eh? Well feck me, why would you want to go to another joint that plays in empty stadiums each week? He seems like a nuffy this kid.

O'Rourke still looks the goods to me, moves very well and is a nice user.

Hey fellas. I've been asked to draft for you in the bigfooty mock draft trial run. Before I go in all guns blazing I thought I'd just ask what kinds of players you guys would be after. A long term KPP prospect? Immediate inside production? I'll have four picks so hopefully I'll be able to try and draft to your needs well enough - just hoping to get some genuine insight from the people who are far more vested in the squad than I am :)

Long term KP - Brand
Immediate inside production - Lewis/Mitchell obvious, Langford as a kid.

Midfielders - best available.

Shiel is deep in discussions with Melbourne. Richmond the only other chance. BTW, I haven't read the HS today :)
I don't understand why players like Shiel looking to come to Victoria would entertain offers from the likes of Richmond, Melbourne and Carlton. We'd be able to pay just as much and have a greater chance of success. Are these clubs offering overs that we aren't willing to pay? Longer contracts?

Not sure but we'll definitely have the last pick in each round, so that should make things easier.

I don't understand why players like Shiel looking to come to Victoria would entertain offers from the likes of Richmond, Melbourne and Carlton. We'd be able to pay just as much and have a greater chance of success. Are these clubs offering overs that we aren't willing to pay? Longer contracts?

We probably aren't interested this year since we can't get a deal done anyway.

He's contracted so you have to pay full price.

Can

Can I ask why you would say that, he was playing good football before he got injured.

How many players struggle, the year after a serious injury, he's a 24 year old big midfielder, he'd give us something we don't have.

He doesn't get enough of the pill. Think rioli but a third of the amount if touches and 20 times less impact.
He'd be behind players in our reserves.
You're entitled to your opinion and I apologise for my dramatic approach to get my opinion across.

Best mids available - slant towards bigger bodied, ready to go mids. Clean, quick hands and good field kicking a must. Speed and contested marking ability would be nice but not required (if they had all that as well they'd be gone in the top 10).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to the Heraldsun it is lol......BTW you can't just rip out a 'this is incorrect' with out backing it up.

No you're incorrect!
Don't argue with Nevil.

Someone that's a cross between Ablett, omeara, fyfe, Mitchell, cotchin and Dangerfield please.

Plenty of young players in that calibre to be available come our pick I suspect :)

the kid just wants to play football in Victoria. He's young so success in the next 10 years could come from anywhere, not only Hawthorn.

He would probably pick Richmond, Melbourne, Carlton because he would be GUARANTEED 22 games a year and not have to fight for a spot. Unlike if he went to Hawthorn, Geelong, etc. Over the course of his career, he is likely to play in finals with any of these clubs. If he was 28+ then you would look at Hawks/Cats, but given his age, its not the important decision.

the kid just wants to play football in Victoria. He's young so success in the next 10 years could come from anywhere, not only Hawthorn.

He would probably pick Richmond, Melbourne, Carlton because he would be GUARANTEED 22 games a year and not have to fight for a spot. Unlike if he went to Hawthorn, Geelong, etc. Over the course of his career, he is likely to play in finals with any of these clubs. If he was 28+ then you would look at Hawks/Cats, but given his age, its not the important decision.
Fair call.

Preparing for a hammering.....

However, with the improvement of Gus this year and some possible "Big Fish" in the pond is there a chance we could do a package style deal for someone like Sloan or Shuey?

Perhaps Suckling and out first for Shuey?
or maybe Suckling, Boxer and our first for Sloan?

Thoughts? (be nice)

We get that Shiel wants to come back to Victoria, but, if I was Shiel that wouldn't be my sole reason. Surely he has to take into account where he wants to go. This is a career decision.
I'd be looking at the coach, Clarkson is the best coach in the comp...would playing under Clarkson get the most out of my ability. Yes. he has a proven track record
Who would I be learning my trade from, Hodge Mitchell Burgoyne....all have different strengths, a winning mentality and a vast knowledge pool to improve me as a player.

Wake up Shiel......Hawthorn is your destiny.

Preparing for a hammering.....

However, with the improvement of Gus this year and some possible "Big Fish" in the pond is there a chance we could do a package style deal for someone like Sloan or Shuey?

Perhaps Suckling and out first for Shuey?
or maybe Suckling, Boxer and our first for Sloan?

Thoughts? (be nice)
Suckling isn't going to cut it.

Hawks need to be brave or get creative.

e.g Put Birchall on the table, and see what offers are forthcoming.

He doesn't get enough of the pill. Think rioli but a third of the amount if touches and 20 times less impact.
He'd be behind players in our reserves.
You're entitled to your opinion and I apologise for my dramatic approach to get my opinion across.

On the plus side, the commentators go nuts every time Rohan gets near the ball*

On the other hand, that's only 3 or 4 times per game.

(* this will stop if he leaves $ydney)

He is a top 3 ball winner for us and regular top 5 player. I don't think we can afford to be without him. Birchall for Sheil would be a net loss.

Yeah I dont think we can afford to lose Birch.

Suckling and some candy may get us Shiel (Sloan,Shuey)

Would take a miracle to get Danger at the end of this year without losing someone big. (Birch,Hill)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back