Hawks v Sydney Round 18: Grand Final Preview

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's round 18 & finally the AFL Swans have to front up to a top 6 team outside of Sydney....Stone the Crows, how could the AFL Admin lapse like this by not giving over every possible convenient advantage to their coveted Sydney franchise for an entire season?....Yep, sarcasm overload for a patently & absurdly lop-sided script for a top2 guaranteed place...Equalisation='Afl Doublespeak'!....This comp has become a an AFL manipulated joke!

FWIW....HAWKS by PLENTY!

Incorrect! leading into round 12 GC were 5th so there! :p

I'll tell you what Sport, I will ease up when your mate stops acting like he is posting in the Bay.

"Has he (Spangher) played his one good game for the year yet?"

The guy is getting what is coming to him and is in fact, a moron.

All this nastiness from Hawk supporters.

Nice try fella but why don't you address your rather moronic comment that Spangher plays one good game a year instead of deflecting from your ignorance?

His last half dozen or so games for Hawthorn have been very good.

So it's round 18 & finally the AFL Swans have to front up to a top 6 team outside of Sydney....Stone the Crows, how could the AFL Admin lapse like this by not giving over every possible convenient advantage to their coveted Sydney franchise for an entire season?....Yep, sarcasm overload for a patently & absurdly lop-sided script for a top2 guaranteed place...Equalisation='Afl Doublespeak'!....This comp has become a an AFL manipulated joke!

FWIW....HAWKS by PLENTY!

Classic examples of fear being masked by confident arrogance.

The Hawks should win by 4 goals on their home turf as they are the reigning premiers & are sitting top 3 despite battling injuries to many players throughout the year & despite having to fight against the system that has done little to make their path easier than that of the Swans.
This has developed a tough exterior which will hold the Hawks in good stead to go on & win the 2014 p'ship.

WHAAAAAT A TEEEEAM!

Just a few Hawk posters that need to get over themselves!

FWIW....HAWKS by PLENTY!

Non stop whinging. WTF has happened to Hawthorn supporters?

It should be a cracker, bit far out to say it is a GF preview. 4 weeks ago Port were going to run rampant into the premiership. This 4 weeks is Sydneys turn to be favorite. Something will happen to make someone else favorite leading into the finals. It will be a good game and could go either way but I think we will get it by about 15 points.

The Hawks should win by 4 goals on their home turf as they are the reigning premiers & are sitting top 3 despite battling injuries to many players throughout the year & despite having to fight against the system that has done little to make their path easier than that of the Swans.
This has developed a tough exterior which will hold the Hawks in good stead to go on & win the 2014 p'ship.

WHAAAAAT A TEEEEAM!

I hope so...

It just might be the reverse of the last game at our home ground.
I'm just looking forward to going & watching the Swans play in front of perhaps our biggest home & away crowd at the MCG for years.

I hope it's a cracker! Really looking forward to the theatre, with us needing to shut down Buddy. If we can restrict him to 2 goals or less, I think that's a good effort.

Or a reflection on his durability. He achieved the same "cult status" amongst Sydney fans as he seems to amongst Hawks fans. He's not the most polished player going around but there's something very appealing about the way he goes about things. His issue at Sydney was that injuries prevented him stringing together enough footy to really make a mark. He'd work his way into the senior team, only to pick up a niggle, and then when he returned and put a few good reserves games together, he'd get injured again.

He seems to have been similarly plagued since he got to the Hawks - maybe to a lesser degree - but it's good to see him able to string together some consecutive games this year and play good footy, even if it is for Hawthorn!

Let's try to be a little objective.
Spangher's footballing ability is pretty self evident and his 'cult status' has bugger all to do with it.
He has had 7 years with 3 teams and failed to crack a permanent spot. Whatever the reason or reasons for that the point still stands. i.e A player that plays on average about 6 games a year is hardly going to have any meaningful impact on the result of a match in which Buddy, Mitchell, Hodge, Kennedy, Parker, Burgoyne are involved. Further to the point he is going to be playing on a pretty good opponent (whoever that may be) who is in reasonable form ( as most Swans players are).
If he averages 6 games per year, it is not beyond the realms of reality that he has only played one good game each year.
In the last 3 years he has played almost 30 reserves games amongst his AFL call-ups for both Hawks & Swans.
Further evidencing his limited footballing ability ( as opposed to being injury cursed).
No surprise that he has played 8 games this year when the Hawks have been hammered by injuries.

Hope he has a cracker of a game on Saturday, Hawks are going to need it!

Last edited:
It just might be the reverse of the last game at our home ground.
I'm just looking forward to going & watching the Swans play in front of perhaps our biggest home & away crowd at the MCG for years.

Pretty sure the biggest Vic attendance was around 66k in 96. Could definitely push that id say.

Malceski also kicked 2 goals. Is he solely responsible for our victory as well? Also we were very inaccurate that day. The score was 15.17 to 13.10 so it was 32 scoring shots to 23 which is a reasonable gap. I am not saying that victory in 2 weeks is assured for the Swans (it definitely is not) but the scoreboard flattered Hawthorn a bit last time we played you guys.
Your forgetting the fact we had 3 of our starting mids not playing, which is why you gained the ascendancy in there to begin with so you could have your 30 shots on goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to the win and to take our rightful place at the top of the tree. $orry $wannies

It is difficult to pick against the Swans, the game means more than a lot of scribes think it does, Freo have left the door ajar for Hawthorn to take 2nd spot and avoid an interstate first final. There is great danger this year of playing both preliminary finals out of Victoria and the Hawks will be well aware of this, the Swans will want to assert their authority down here in Melbourne and gain a psychological advantage and also keep top spot. It's a big game and if the Swans win by 10 goals it will be a huge blow to Hawthorn. I suspect they will just get over the line by about 2 goals....

It is difficult to pick against the Swans, the game means more than a lot of scribes think it does, Freo have left the door ajar for Hawthorn to take 2nd spot and avoid an interstate first final. There is great danger this year of playing both preliminary finals out of Victoria and the Hawks will be well aware of this, the Swans will want to assert their authority down here in Melbourne and gain a psychological advantage and also keep top spot. It's a big game and if the Swans win by 10 goals it will be a huge blow to Hawthorn. I suspect they will just get over the line by about 2 goals....

If we get past the Swans this weekend then 1st is ours to lose! It could very well end up Hawthorn and Geelong top 2 which is deserving.

All this nastiness from Hawk supporters.

Classic examples of fear being masked by confident arrogance.

WHAAAAAT A TEEEEAM!

Just a few Hawk posters that need to get over themselves!

Whatever mate.

How about you do something novel, like read the whole thread and take these posts in context?

Non stop whinging. WTF has happened to Hawthorn supporters?

A GF defeat is something pretty new to them I guess and they can't handle it even though they won it last year. Oh and I guess buddy leaving hasn't helped either. They will never stop whinging or being arrogant, that's them and that's why beating them is the sweetest thing.

If we get past the Swans this weekend then 1st is ours to lose! It could very well end up Hawthorn and Geelong top 2 which is deserving.

Too right. When has a interstate side ever deserved the premiership? Lions side all had retention allowance. Asterisk. Swans had COLA. Asterisk. West Coast had drugs & unfair zone access. Asterisk. Adelaide got a dodgy finals system to carry them through. Asterisk.

If it wasn't the for the AFL rigging the game we'd have no undeserved premiers and the premiers would all come from Victoria. Like it deservedly should be.

Too right. When has a interstate side ever deserved the premiership? Lions side all had retention allowance. Asterisk. Swans had COLA. Asterisk. West Coast had drugs & unfair zone access. Asterisk. Adelaide got a dodgy finals system to carry them through. Asterisk.

If it wasn't the for the AFL rigging the game we'd have no undeserved premiers and the premiers would all come from Victoria. Like it deservedly should be.

Absolutely. Finally a supporter who can see what the rest of us know.

Your forgetting the fact we had 3 of our starting mids not playing, which is why you gained the ascendancy in there to begin with so you could have your 30 shots on goal.

No excuse on Saturday night then as clearly you will be a far superior team than us with these inclusions & now with Hanners not able to come up.

Oh well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back