Preview Hawks vs $wans - Changes & Discussion. Light refreshments and Cola being served.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wasn't he declared clinically dead from the Roughead bump, at least thats what the medical report from the $wans said

Dr._Riviera.png

Perhaps he's injured.
Yes Spangher is injured, didnt train with the main group early in the week, just ran laps, probably the Hawthorn" hamstring flu". Once again the battle isnt against the likes of the Swans or Cats etc.., the real battle is much closer to home.

Yes Spangher is injured, didnt train with the main group early in the week, just ran laps, probably the Hawthorn" hamstring flu". Once again the battle isnt against the likes of the Swans or Cats etc.., the real battle is much closer to home.

Spangher has been more durable at Hawthorn than he has been over his entire career at WCE & AFL $wans.

The only way Schoenmakers or Spangher play up forward on Saturday night is if Kurt Tippett doesn't play. Right now we don't have the luxury of throwing either player up forward until Brian Lake comes back.

With Daniel Hannebery unlikely to play and the inclusion of Mitchell, Hodge and Shiels (all who didn't play in Round 8) it now looks like and even money ball game in the midfield. If we can get enough inside 50s and lock the ball in there and put score board pressure on Sydney we can certainly win this game. I'd have Puopolo to play that defensive-forward role on Malceski and stop his run and carry off half back. I think Shiels and Langford will take Jack and Kennedy respectively.

The media showed Spangher running the laps, didn't look like he will play, unfortunately ..Hopefully I am wrong..:cry:
Rusty has already called it.

Gibbo in for Spanger and Hill in for Ross.

The media showed Spangher running the laps, didn't look like he will play, unfortunately ..Hopefully I am wrong..:cry:

Oh please!!! NOOOOOOOOO. What did he do? Break a nail? thats 4 weeks at Hawthorn!!

Please let it be some sort of tactic. Otherwise, I was confident, but without Spang, I think we may be in trouble.

Love how some of media are starting to make the excuse "they are due to lose one" for COLAS if they lose Sat. night. Please!! o_O

Yer the loss we had to have or we are due for a loss is rubbish the better side on the night will win, Pyke for us will be a big inclusion from our round 8 side Hodge, Mitchell will be huge inclusions for your side.

Both sides wont be at full strength but the outs cancel each other out predicting 2-3 goals either way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Tippett plays and Rusty is right -
Gibbo - Franklin
Shoe - Tippett
Stratts - Reid
Lithers - Goodes

If not, Shoe take Reid and Stratts helps out Gibbo.

Simpkin will be the sub.

Oh please!!! NOOOOOOOOO. What did he do? Break a nail? thats 4 weeks at Hawthorn!!

Please let it be some sort of tactic. Otherwise, I was confident, but without Spang, I think we may be in trouble.
Reports of hammy trouble for Spanger.

The only way Schoenmakers or Spangher play up forward on Saturday night is if Kurt Tippett doesn't play. Right now we don't have the luxury of throwing either player up forward until Brian Lake comes back.

With Daniel Hannebery unlikely to play and the inclusion of Mitchell, Hodge and Shiels (all who didn't play in Round 8) it now looks like and even money ball game in the midfield. If we can get enough inside 50s and lock the ball in there and put score board pressure on Sydney we can certainly win this game. I'd have Puopolo to play that defensive-forward role on Malceski and stop his run and carry off half back. I think Shiels and Langford will take Jack and Kennedy respectively.

Lewis could do the job on Malceski as well - it has been a while since he kicked 5

In case no-one has posted the numbers yet, Hawks need to win by 17 or more to overtake Swans on percentage (only 15 if Swans score 100 or more, but 17 if Swans don't score at all).

Here's hoping ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back