Preview Hawks vs $wans - Changes & Discussion. Light refreshments and Cola being served.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pumped to see Woody make his debut live. Great to have Gibbo and Hilly back and a bonus that they don't have Hannebery as he is their only really damaging mid by foot.

Our midfield is full strength (minus maybe Sewell) so no excuses for not at least breaking even with theirs. If we can win our share of clearances we have the speed and foot skills to worry them.

Conversely, if they are able to use their quick handballing to give themselves time and space, their forward line will be dangerous.

Schoey to Tippett, Stratton to Judas and Gibbo to Reid and Hodge to help out.

Langford to wear Jack like a glove and Shiels on Parker. Kennedy is a beast inside but think if we apply the same strategy we did against Ablett and Dangerfield by pressuring his possessions he will turn it over by foot.

Gunston needs to nullify Grundy by getting on the lead. Grundy looks good when he can wrestle but has been exposed by Franklin and other forwards who are quick on the lead. Roughie must also keep Richards moving so that he can't go third man up. He is vulnerable one on one against mobile forwards.

Go Hawks!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This might seem quite base and crude but in some respects our boys need to really hurt some of these bloke$ in pack situations and in run-of-the-mill play/tackles. Someone like Tippett, without recent game exposure, needs to feel the full impact of some hard and ruthless (and clean(ish)) defence. I'm not condoning any cheap shots, but, by jeez, if a mark or free is awarded I hope it is well earnt.

Buddy would have got 2 weeks for that bump as a Hawk. FACT.

He got off because he plays for the COLA now. FACT.
It is possible that the Viney incident caused a bit of easing in the bump rules.
This theory shot by what has happened to Mitch Robinson.

Not too pleased with the changes
Spang in a big loss. I said over and the Swans board that one of Spang or Lake has to go with Tippett. Now it looks like Schoey will :eek:. Hope Spang is back for next week
Gibbo and Hill are great ins though
Not overly convinced with Woody. He gets quite a bit of the pill at VFL level but his disposal is awful from what I've seen. Would have preferred to bring him in against the Dogs or Dees. But I guess he is another inside mid which we will need for the game.
Ross was always going to go once we got players back but I'm a little surprised Doc has been dropped. Unless he has a niggle that the club is not letting on

If not I assume that means that Lithers will play his role on a small forward instead of possibly going tall

This might seem quite base and crude but in some respects our boys need to really hurt some of these bloke$ in pack situations and in run-of-the-mill play/tackles. Someone like Tippett, without recent game exposure, needs to feel the full impact of some hard and ruthless (and clean(ish)) defence. I'm not condoning any cheap shots, but, by jeez, if a mark or free is awarded I hope it is well earnt.

The fast that you feel like you have to almost apologise before making that statement reflects poorly on the way the game is played at the moment. I still like my footy but that real combative, aggressive hard edge has definitely been reduced and to the games detriment for mine.

Super happy that woody gets a game! Good on him, has had significant injuries so with luck this is the beginning of a long and happy journey for the tenacious #39!

Anyone have any news on Hallahan? Is he likely to get back in the side or will he seek new opportunities next year?

They just showed the Hawks at practice, and I see Hill grabbed his knee and limped. Was that today? If that was today, Hill won't be playing, by the looks of him limping! I hope that was before the last few games..it didn't look good..Did anyone see him limping today?​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back