Preview Hawks vs $wans - Changes & Discussion. Light refreshments and Cola being served.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good to see Woodward in making his debut. Tippett in isn't a surprise, they're going for the whole "Stack the forward line with talls to exploit our 'vulernable' backline". This is slightly off topic but remember when Sydney offered White + 20 for Tippett and it was believed that Sydney knew about the illegal deal and was practically blackmailing them? (To any Sydney supporters lurking about, I say allegedly blackmailing). Sydney were never given a "please explain" by the AFL were they?

Round 18
Hawthorn v Sydney
Saturday 26 July
MCG, 7.40pmB: Litherland Gibson Schoenmakers
HB: Hodge Stratton Birchall
C: Smith Mitchell Suckling
HF: Hill Gunston Breust
F: Puopolo Roughead Lewis
Foll: McEvoy Burgoyne Shiels
Int: Simpkin Ceglar Woodward Langford
Emerg: Duryea Ross Hale

In: J.Gibson , A.Woodward , B.Hill
Out: M.Spangher (Ankle Soreness) , B.Ross (Omitted) , T.Duryea (Omitted)

New: A.Woodward
Milestone: J.Roughead - 200 games, B.McEvoy - 100 games

Sydney Swans v. Hawthorn
MCG
Saturday, July 26, 2014
7.40pm
B
J.Laidler, T.Richards, N.Smith
HBN. Malceski, H.Grundy, D.Rampe
CL. Jetta, J.Kennedy, G. Rohan
HFB. McGlynn, L. Franklin, A. Goodes
FS. Reid, K.Tippett, L. Parker
FollM. Pyke, K. Jack, J. McVeigh
I/CC. Bird, H. Cunningham, J. Lloyd, D. Towers
EmgB. Jack, T. Membrey, T. Nankervis
In:K. Tippett
Out:B. Jack (Omitted)

Good to see Woodward in making his debut. Tippett in isn't a surprise, they're going for the whole "Stack the forward line with talls to exploit our 'vulernable' backline". This is slightly off topic but remember when Sydney offered White + 20 for Tippett and it was believed that Sydney knew about the illegal deal and was practically blackmailing them? (To any Sydney supporters lurking about, I say allegedly blackmailing). Sydney were never given a "please explain" by the AFL were they?

Demetriou changed rules numerous time to help Sydney be successful and not go **** up. He's hardly going to ever request a please explain from that soulless franchise !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations to Woody!!! Give 'em hell mate!!

Gibson and Hill are also big ins but so is Tippett for Sydney.

Spang will be a big loss

Well I had most of it right, expected Ross and Duryea to be outs and Gibson and Hill to be ins, was not expecting an injury to Spangher and am very happy to see Woodward debut :thumbsu: I think it's a good team overall.

i know the ability to defend isnt high on Clarksons list of priorities when it comes to selecting the backline but Spangher has earned his spot.

big mistake.
may well prove costly
Spangher is injured, not omitted.

Who do we reckon will get the sub vest?
In order of likeliness:

Woodward: first gamers tend to get the sub vest.

Simpkin: super-sub.

Langford: named 4th on the bench.

Other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back