Preview Changes for Round 19 vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Has Lynch played a good game since we got him back; did we rush him in too early?
definitely down on confidence big time.

you have to say that he, Pods and especially Jenkins were down tonight. I don't know if its a good thing that we can still win with so many forwards having average to bad games or whether its a bad thing that there's not really anyone to replace them o_O

The obvious one is Wright for Thompson.
Grigg has to start next week.

I actually would like to try and work Wright as the Sub and take out one of the Big Forwards. We are too top heavy. Itd have to be Pods in that case

Dropping pods? are you guys serious?
He just does the important little things...taps, spoils...he directs balls he knows he isn't going to mark to the waiting rovers.
He makes contests where others would be totally outmarked.
He was vital to our performance today.
Lol the guy can do no wrong. He does nothing today and still 'vital' lol

Pods, lynch and jenkins all useless today

No change.
Give Thomo another week to make sure he is 100% for the run home.
Grigg to give Wright the vest.
That is all.

We have seen Pods, JJ, Lynch and Tex all have good games and bad games, but while their all in, at least a couple are getting the job done. Besides who replaces any of them? McKernan? Don't think so.

With Truck retiring we have to find a long term 3rd.tall defender. With Hartigan's season effectively over, we need to give Thompson every chance to prove he's a keeper, or more likely that he isn't. So he stays too.
It's not about one of the talls getting replaced by a Mckernan type, it's about dropping one of them for a midfielder, we are too tall. One of pods or lynch should go

out......wright, lynch

in......thommo, lyons/crouch

lynchy needs to find some form in the 2s

So are we going to blame Podsiadly for Lynch continually kicking the ball with his knee?
His kicking is a liability. I have seen few worse kicks of the football.

Pods was a bit quiet. He does do a bloody lot off the ball though and a lot of his spoils etc. go unnoticed. Missed a couple of goals he should have kicked too.

JJ spent a lot more time in the ruck tonight than normal I thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lynch and Otten were a disgrace, Thompson has never been good so I wasn't expecting him to do much and Wright cost us a goal and luck lily was subbed in the 4th...Grigg was rusty but showed promise. Keep him in. Jenkins did a Wingard.
The same Otten who had 0 goals kicked on him - Reid's only goal was when he out bodied L Thompson,

Lynch is still rusty - but Grigg was NOT rusty - has a brilliant influential last quarter.

Suggest you watch a replay before posting on the internet as clearly clueless on some of your comments.

Yeah, remember that time today when Otten's opponent kicked a goal on him?

Oh wait, that didn't happen.
The only thing disgraceful was the clueless comment by a clueless "supporter" who obviously doesn't watch the game & was keen to slag off Otten regardless.

The same Otten who had 0 goals kicked on him - Reid's only goal was when he out bodied L Thompson,

Lynch is still rusty - but Grigg was NOT rusty - has a brilliant influential last quarter.

Suggest you watch a replay before posting on the internet as clearly clueless on some of your comments.
Even better, Reid didn't kick a goal at all..
Only 2 marks for the game.. :thumbsu:

And yes, Grigg was great in the last quarter..
Grigg, Tex, Danger and Smith were the huge players in that last quarter..

Get your head out of his ass mate. He was terrible. They run off and around him, it takes him minutes to recover from efforts and he's costing us running power. You'll claim his goal where tex did all the work and then claim sloaneys goal from his tap on. Was it you that claimed he was a ten goal difference last week?
Pods was not brilliant but he was far from terrible - apart from kicking for goal (but should have got a 50m penalty for encroachment on the mark).

Defensively, he's generally alright, or better; but his offensive side has completely gone to hell.
Completely cut out a dangerous opponent but you are concerned about his offensive game ... your post is offensive as plain friggin stupid!

Even better, Reid didn't kick a goal at all..
Only 2 marks for the game.. :thumbsu:

And yes, Grigg was great in the last quarter..
Grigg, Tex, Danger and Smith were the huge players in that last quarter..
Whoops, yes he missed the sitter.

Give Wright the vest. Has done well in the past

Thommo in if it fit, Danger out for a rest

That'll do
I love Lynch but i think maybe the time has come to find form in the SANFL.

So I'd keep those changes but bring in Lyons (despite a 2 week break) or even better roll the dice on Cameron if fit.

Wright sub sounds good. That would leave Kerridge to come in for him the week after.

Lol the guy can do no wrong. He does nothing today and still 'vital' lol

Pods, lynch and jenkins all useless today
Yawn - I'm Fett up with you as you are the most monotonous AFC poster - as sheez we have quite a few...

As an Otten bagger last week, credit to his defensive game today. I still hate his dinky handballs and shocking kicking. The less times he touches it the better. A lock-down 2nd tall is his role now.

Meanwhile LT struggled against a very big '3rd tall'. But he must stay in so we can truly judge him at AFL level (hopefully he can do a Martin and improve to the level). He's truly a 3rd tall in the structure so no way should he be dropped for Rutten. Oh, and his 11 possessions were at 100% efficiency which is encouraging.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back