Exodus Watch 2014 - Go hard or go home

Remove this Banner Ad

The most logical reason, IMO, for Aish not resigning is the fact that his manager knows that we will pay overs to keep him. Player managers know that after the happenings of last season, they hold the aces - so to speak. No reason at all for Aish to re-sign at the moment. Marco would be the only player that I would think is a genuine chance to leave. This appears to have been the case since the day we drafted him, if the rumours that have been floating around for the past year are to be believed.

Ugh, wasn't worried about Marco until crispy creme posted about it. ..ugh :/

Was the go home factor clear all along with Aish (his family being South Australian football royalty and all)?

The fact the Doggies went Bontempelli instead of Aish (slid a few spots in the draft) being a prime example of this.

As someone previously mentioned we didn't really have many options that weren't a go home risk so i'm not having a crack at our recruiters at all just an observation.

His not gone yet but the talk is getting louder all the time, gets mentioned a bit in media discussions down here.

There were pre-draft rumours, but I agree with the club's perspective - he was too good a player to let slide at pick 7. At some point someone would take the risk and that was us.

If Paparone leaves then we will have retained 1 of 7 first round picks taken from 2010-2012.

Mayes is the odd one out.

:-/

At least the drafts weren't compromised. Equalisation at work right here.

Ugh, wasn't worried about Marco until crispy creme posted about it. ..ugh :/

As at July 11, 2014.

http://www.coolum-news.com.au/news/marco-paparone-watches-his-father-battles-cancer/2316859/

"We're all positive. He came out of his last chemotherapy and all the signs were looking a lot better than what they used to."

And partly for that reason, Paparone, who is signed until the end of this season, said this week his dad's situation "won't really affect my contract decision".

He lives with fellow 2012 draftees Sam Mayes and Michael Close, who have extended their contracts at the club - and may just help sway him to stay put as well.

The likable youngster certainly talks as though he is in for the long haul. "We all get along really well," Paparone said. "We're building towards what we want to achieve."

I wonder if player managers just tell their charges to always say that they're staying. If anyone asks, privately or publicly, no matter what the reality, just say 'I love it here and I'm not going anywhere'.

I can't really think of another way to reconcile everything that goes on.

I wonder if player managers just tell their charges to always say that they're staying. If anyone asks, privately or publicly, no matter what the reality, just say 'I love it here and I'm not going anywhere'.

I can't really think of another way to reconcile everything that goes on.
This makes total sense - a totally straight bat in public and let the manager do his job in the background.

It's how it has been going on for eons.

Isn't Paps close to signing a new deal? I've only heard positive things about what the club is doing for him and his fathers situation, so I'd hate to lose him after all the work we've put in this year .

Isn't Paps close to signing a new deal? I've only heard positive things about what the club is doing for him and his fathers situation, so I'd hate to lose him after all the work we've put in this year .
Source please?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the same article...

"New deals for two more debutants, Lewy Taylor and Darcy Gardiner, are understood to be in the works."

Emma Quayle is in pretty tight with Squizzy so that's likely a good nugget of info.

Like the quotes from Dean Warren as well about the beefed up welfare resources including a wellbeing psychologist. That is really great to hear.

Nice to see the stats published by The Lion's Roar are making inroads into the media consciousness too.

That article from Emma was a reall nice gift on a Sunday afternoon.

From the same article...

"New deals for two more debutants, Lewy Taylor and Darcy Gardiner, are understood to be in the works."

Emma Quayle is in pretty tight with Squizzy so that's likely a good nugget of info.
What about McStay? So MCstay is not staying then?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back