Unofficial Preview Changes Vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely deplorable as usual.

We've given a coach a free ride until 2016, and he is giving his players a free ride week after week. What did we expect, I guess.

Mullet for McMahon?

A player who was out of form, for a player who is probably past it now. On a half back flank, no less. Yeah, Spartan approach Scotty at it again.

Some serious examples needed to be made, and they just weren't.

Don't call North supporters spoilt either - this club is going nowhere fast with a soft**** approach like this year after year.

If our coach is so s**t, and our players plain old don't care about their, or the team's, performance because of selection... then riddle me this batmen:
How are we 6th?

Fair dinkum. Someone should probably bump the mabo thread because it's looking like it's gonna be fun til gameday.

On a less ranty, and more serious, note:

The only other potential in's we really had IMO were Brown and Wood.
It's possible Brown is injured, and even if he isn't Daw looked almost like a different player in the second half last week (that said he still has his deficiencies).

Wood could/should/would be a legitimate option, and can be argued both ways. Personally I was leaning towards including him, but am comfortable enough with the selection committee's (NOTE: does not comprise of just one person) decision.

We KNOW the 22 who have been selected are capable of getting the win, they need to keep their end of the bargain though. Perhaps instead of sticking the boot into the club/coaches/players, we could try and just support them, and hope that the club has made progress :)

Wouldn't have thought that team was quick enough to go with the cats.

But you never know.

How does Jacobs survive?
I get the rest, sort of/kinda..

McMullet in for McMahon helps with leg speed straight away. IMO in our best games this year speed hasn't been that big of an issue, it's amazing how fast you look when you're putting enough effort in both offensively and defensively.

While I don't agree with the mass hysteria expressed in this thread, i do feel sorry for Wood. The only explanation is that Scott thinks he is competing with Brown and Daw for one spot (which means we don't have a single fit player on the list competing for Black's)

We all knew Adams wasn't going to be dropped the week he's due to play his 100th but it's disappointing none the less.

The one change we have made I'm very happy with. Our backline looked very slow last week and this should help that. We need SWFK and Atley to do good jobs on Stevie J and Motlop

The development of our youth is not up to scratch hence the non selection. Add that to injuries and you can see with Robbie, Robbie, Daniel, Joel, Nathan and Jamie out why weve seen the same players in and the same players out.

When Boomer and Goldi stated theyd hoped the coach would go harder on them 2 weeks ago for sure to me it signalled we needed a wake up.
It wasnt done. If ever an example had to be made. How many times can you go back to square 1?

It seems we firmly believe lightning will strike twice.

McMullet in for McMahon helps with leg speed straight away. IMO in our best games this year speed hasn't been that big of an issue, it's amazing how fast you look when you're putting enough effort in both offensively and defensively.

No disrespect, but then why wasn't this made
against carlton?

I'll be frustrated if Patch isn't sub. He's done the role well in the past so if he's in the team for that purpose I'm OK with it.

No disrespect, but then why wasn't this made
against carlton?

No disrespect taken! Can't be certain why the change wasn't last week, but If I had to guess I'd say they wanted to get Mullett to continue working on things in the VFL and also the fact that Carlton were perhaps a bit more top heavy than Geelong will be, hence legspeed not as important, though I wouldn't put a huge deal of credence into those guesses. It's a shame the club don't go into more details as to the specific decisions and non decisions with selection, but meh it is what it is.

Not sure if Brown's good to go yet but Maj's most recent performance warranted another game regardless.

Brown's performance against Hawthorn warranted the rest of the season in the ones. Can only assume he is still injured.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's all the fuss about? There's one thing that wins flag & that's STABILITY! And Mr Scott knows this. I've plunged us this Sat night. Patches 100th game will be enough to get us over the line. Our record since 1987 in milestone games has been out of this world.

No disrespect taken! Can't be certain why the change wasn't last week, but If I had to guess I'd say they wanted to get Mullett to continue working on things in the VFL and also the fact that Carlton were perhaps a bit more top heavy than Geelong will be, hence legspeed not as important, though I wouldn't put a huge deal of credence into those guesses. It's a shame the club don't go into more details as to the specific decisions and non decisions with selection, but meh it is what it is.

Yeah make a lot of sense and definitely a good point with insight about selection but then again what finals contending team would? :p

Nah I am happy with the changes, especially because it would be good to see if the team have been able to rectify their issues. Constant chopping and changing with inexperienced players may be tricky this close to finals

Irrespective of who is in and who is out, the cats to win by 73 points, Pop Kelly to be BOG in his 250th, the tomahawk and Stevie J to each kick 6 goals and we will slide out of the 8, not to return again this year.

Apart from that everything else will be fine.

Maj stays in because Brown is still not ready I guess. Even then he shouldn't be an auto-selection.

WTF is this? Either Brown is injured or he ain't. If he's injured, then it's not an auto-selection. It's because there's no-one else to pick. For *s sake! Some of you people on here have completely lost your s**t. We were never going to have 3-4 omissions.

WTF is this? Either Brown is injured or he ain't. If he's injured, then it's not an auto-selection. It's because there's no-one else to pick. For ****s sake! Some of you people on here have completely lost your s**t. We were never going to have 3-4 omissions.

Cool your jets, son.

I meant Brown is not an auto-selection if fit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back