Unofficial Preview Fremantle vs Port Adelaide - Key Areas\Matchups

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah the home ground advantage should even things up. That and the fact that the boys switched to second gear for the second half of the brassy game. Didn't look to me to be the most taxing of games.
We'll win. You just watch.

Freo's top 10-15 players match up fairly well on Port so that's a head to head battle in it's own right with Port maybe having a slight advantage giving we are missing Fyfe and Barlow are out.

I think this will come down to Freo's bottom 5-7 and how well they can rise to the challenge and do that bit extra. Freo should hold the advantage here with the likes of Taberner, Deboer, Crozier, Silvagni etc. Fair bit of incentive to do well too given finals the following week.

I know how a lot of you love form so here's the form ladder after last 8 rounds (don't have anything beyond 8th)

Team W L Points %

1 Richmond 8 0 32 133.7

2 Sydney 7 1 28 162.9

3 Geelong 7 1 28 119.1

4 Fremantle 6 2 24 128.4

5 Hawthorn 6 2 24 126.4

6 North Melbourne 5 3 20 124.6

7 Essendon 5 3 20 107.4

8 Adelaide 4 4 16 121.3

Stolen from: Herald Sun
Port (for reference) 3W 5L 106.3%

I agree Impey was struggling with the sustained intensity required from an AFL season, but he had a complete rest from AFL and SANFL last weekend, and hasn't played in the AFL side for a few weeks if I remember correctly. I reckon if he comes back he'll be refreshed and primed to take on Ballas again.
Get off our board flog

SonnyDay, it's not often I actually post as time doesn't generally allow. I'm fortunate if I get a few minutes each day to even read some of the forums/posts.

Notwithstanding, I just couldn't resist the urge any longer to log on and tell you that in my very humble opinion, you are nothing short of being a dead set tosser. A quick look at your post history since your inception (what 1-2 days ago) says to me that you only signed up to cause trouble and angst at every opportunity.

Using the most recent example, you just told a PA supporter to "get off our board flog" albeit they were just offering an opinion - nothing more, nothing less. Ironically, in such a short period of time, you've posted comments on FRE, WCE, SYD, RIC, HAW, GEE plus possibly other teams forums as well - of which none of your comments are insightful.

Grow up or go away. You are quickly starting to spoil what is otherwise my 5 minutes of escape per day.

As it currently stands, I am personally extremely embarrased to know that there are FREO supporters out there like you.

I swear he came on our board earlier this week and said that Robbie Gray is overrated, Now I read from him that he should be tagged? :rolleyes:

All clubs have these supporters.

Ok, just in case there hasn't been enough discussion of the upcoming game I have wasted time at work by typing line-ups below basis what each club put on the park last weekend. I have dropped de Boer and added Pavlich. Kept Ibbo as sub although I wouldn't be surprised to see him start on the field - just not sure who starts as sub though.

Feel free to make your comments on each match up. Winners/losers/equals etc

B

• Jackson Trengove - Matt Taberner
  • Alipate Carlile - Matthew Pavlich
  • Tom Jonas - Hayden Ballantyne
HB

• Matthew Broadbent - Chris Mayne
  • Jack Hombsch - Zac Clarke
  • Jasper Pittard - Michael Walters
C

• Matt White - Stephen Hill
  • Kane Cornes - David Mundy
  • Hamish Hartlett - Cameron Sutcliffe
HF

• Robbie Gray - Lee Spurr
  • Justin Westhoff - Zac Dawson
  • Angus Monfries - Danyle Pearce
F

• Jake Neade - Michael Johnson
  • Jay Schulz - Alex Silvagni
  • Chad Wingard - Paul Duffield
FOL

• Matthew Lobbe - Aaron Sandilands
  • Travis Boak - Ryan Crowley
  • Brad Ebert - Tendai Mzungu
I/C

• Cam O'Shea - Nick Suban
  • Ollie Wines - Hayden Crozier
  • Jared Polec - Lachie Neale
SUB

• Andrew Moore - Garrick Ibbotson

They will probably double team Mundy, I noticed they did that a bit with Judd last week.
Around the stoppages I mean.

Difference is there is Judd/Murphy - daylight - players worth tagging.

We have a decent midfield besides Mundy i.e. Hill, Mzungu, Neale, Pearce et al.

Im sudde
Ok, just in case there hasn't been enough discussion of the upcoming game I have wasted time at work by typing line-ups below basis what each club put on the park last weekend. I have dropped de Boer and added Pavlich. Kept Ibbo as sub although I wouldn't be surprised to see him start on the field - just not sure who starts as sub though.

B

HB

C

HF

F

FOL

I/C

SUB

Im suddenly confident

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I swear he came on our board earlier this week and said that Robbie Gray is overrated, Now I read from him that he should be tagged? :rolleyes:

All clubs have these supporters.
Not like this one surely?

Several brain cells short of a full lobotomy. Or borderline personality disorder. Hard to tell which.

Just looked at the latest weather forecast,it's looking more likely that it's going to be wet.
Are we wanting it to be wet and slippery?

Bloody oath. Will suit us perfectly ...or more accurately, it will not suit them.

EDIT - The forecast says "Possible shower". Which in Perth means, "Dry".

B

HB

C

HF

F

FOL

I/C

SUB

Based on the sides being as above, we'd would fancy ourselves to get on top around stoppages and get first use of the ball. More talent and depth in the midfield without Fyfe and Barlow. We'd rightfully have little chance if both were playing.

Based on the sides being as above, we'd would fancy ourselves to get on top around stoppages and get first use of the ball. More talent and depth in the midfield without Fyfe and Barlow. We'd rightfully have little chance if both were playing.

Dunno. Fyfe played very well against you blokes when we last played you, and we lost.
I reckon we are a bit harder to read with Mundy, Hill, Neale, Crowley, Mzungu, Suban, Pearce.
Team defense, is team defense.

Do you have more things to add other than Port will win if we play without Fyfe and Barlow?

Can't believe Channel 7 will have a 2 hour delay! No foxtel, no ticket to the game and 3 kids in tow means I am watching it at home..2 hrs after it starts!!!!!. Channel 7 ....******* campaigners!

Can't believe Channel 7 will have a 2 hour delay! No foxtel, no ticket to the game and 3 kids in tow means I am watching it at home..2 hrs after it starts!!!!!. Channel 7 ....******* campaigners!

Should be a sell out, I would think. Didn't they used to have a deal where if a home game sold out it would be shown live?

Maybe with new Foxtel broadcasting rights, this doesn't happen anymore...totally sucks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back