Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
By a point.
After a reversed free kick in their goal square and three 50-metre penalties, the third awarded as the siren blows.
But then, nobody would hear it.

They wouldn't hear it because the crows play crowd noise through the pa system

2 weeks ago the struggle for the finals included the last 3 spots. In fact some of the scribes in SA(naturally) were saying we had not sewn up a spot. But it required more than one draw so I think it was more than a little fanciful.
At the time the cows were 10-9, Essendon 10-9, North 11-8, West Coast 9-10, Richmond 9-10, Collingwood 10-9, GCS 10-9. With their last 3 games the cows looked good bets for at least 8th, and possibly even 7th or 6th. GCS were looking no chance without Ablett, although we now know they got close in their 2 games; Collingwood were starting to look good and Richmond were expected to be 9th again and West Coast seemed to have little chance.
Now the cows are hoping for a big win and 3 results to fall their way, Richmond are the team currently in the eight and therefore the team that will make it if all four fall at the final hurdle. Essendon and North Melbourne are safe. GCS have the least chance, they have to win and Collingwood, Richmond and cows must lose, with cows playing St Kilda at AO. And they must make up 9.8% at the end of the year, a feat that would require monumental wining margins by GCS and the Swans. Despite being in dire straits after round 20, and still losing another match, West Coast have got the best chance to make the eight.

Last edited:

Now the cows are hoping for a big win and 3 results to fall their way, Richmond are the team currently in the eight and therefore the team that will make it if all four fall at the final hurdle. Essendon and North Melbourne are safe. GCS have the least chance, they have to win and Collingwood, Richmond and cows must lose, with cows playing St Kilda at AO. Despite being in dire straits after round 20, and still losing another match, West Coast have got the best chance to make the eight.
Yep the fight for 8th is pretty simple (including odds for Tigers to finish 9th lol).

1486835_10204489501215296_6222433863537527486_n.jpg

Don't worry: they won't even be playing. Surely they couldn't be so lucky, that ALL possible scenarios work in their favour this week. Hopefully the Pies defy logic and shut the door by beating Hawthorn.

Or we could beat Fremantle this week, after all they played in Sando's time slot last week off a 6 day break with the longest trip in the AFL! :D

By a point.
After a reversed free kick in their goal square and three 50-metre penalties, the third awarded as the siren blows.
But then, nobody would hear it.
Oh well: at least Sloane would never forget his 100th game :)

Footnote: the Crows board currently has a poll running, "Do you want us to make the finals?" They're a pretty depressed bunch down at West Lakes!!!!!

This caller on 5aa... seriously what a moron.

17 game season will never ever happen!.

He also says GMAC to never ever program the cows to play in Sando's time slot, then precedes to say Port play anytime anywhere cause it won't matter.

This ladies and gentlemen is your typical cows fan who has NFI at all.

Footnote: the Crows board currently has a poll running, "Do you want us to make the finals?" They're a pretty depressed bunch down at West Lakes!!!!!

I can see the point of that poll. I am sure finishing lower is attractive because of the extra pressure it should - in theory - place on the admin and coaching staff.

He also says GMAC to never ever program the cows to play in Sando's time slot, then precedes to say Port play anytime anywhere cause it won't matter.

This ladies and gentlemen is your typical cows fan who has NFI at all.
Could have ended your post at this point.

I can see the point of that poll. I am sure finishing lower is attractive because of the extra pressure it should - in theory - place on the admin and coaching staff.
I just love the way their mood changes, according to their results. Just 2 short weeks ago, after they smashed Brisbane, they were speculating about how far into the finals they'd go. Now that a little reality has set in, they're playing a completely different tune.

It won't, but if everyone was genuinely keen to pull together in the interests of player welfare, it should.

For such a physically demanding and dangerous contact sport, a 22 round regular season + 4 week finals series + 3-4 month preseason is batshit insane.

The NFL only runs a 16 week regular season with 4 weeks of playoffs. Their month-long block of preseason games involve incredibly heavy rotations, drastically limited gametime for established guys and basically serves as a glorified combine for fringe guys and rookies battling for their careers.

As always the almighty dollar wins out as the AFL's entire wage structure relies on 2 of each 'blockbuster/rivalry' per year, but general health and playing standards would increase if we didn't flog these blokes like packhorses 10 months a year.

Right so this is where I think MMM could be a much much better station.

A. get rid of KG, Jarman, Lewis and Nick Gill.

B. From a music point of view, include the 90's in their "Classic Rock" repertoire. Their core audience is 40-54, but their 25-39 audience is bigger than their 55-64 audience, meaning that the 90's are more in their sweet spot than 60's/70's. Sure play the classics from that era, but in median of the their biggest market segment a 47 year old today was still only 27 in 1994.

So in other words, 'do exactly what they were doing up until about 3 months ago and which was working so well that they briefly overtook 5AA's drivetime show for the first time ever, until they bafflingly decided for no particular reason 3 months ago to go back to everything that they were doing last year and before which hadn't been working'.

Can not stand MMM's new afternoon show now with those flogs.
Then again I've swapped to nightshift so I dont hear it anymore, only the morning show on the way home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just love the way their mood changes, according to their results. Just 2 short weeks ago, after they smashed Brisbane, they were speculating about how far into the finals they'd go. Now that a little reality has set in, they're playing a completely different tune.

If there is any team that can step up to the plate when the task is to flat-track smash the bottom team in the final round of the season, it is the crows.

cRowey continually calling Robbie a coaches pet is a little condescending, it's a well earned accolade & he deserves better than that. I doubt he'd be calling Danger a coaches pet if he was good enough to win an award like that.

Don't ever recall Simon Goodwin being referred to as a coaches pet after he took the award in 2006. Although if he was to be likened to a pet or furry animal, it should be this fellow:

9rhuth.jpg

It won't, but if everyone was genuinely keen to pull together in the interests of player welfare, it should.

For such a physically demanding and dangerous contact sport, a 22 round regular season + 4 week finals series + 3-4 month preseason is batshit insane.

The NFL only runs a 16 week regular season with 4 weeks of playoffs. Their month-long block of preseason games involve incredibly heavy rotations, drastically limited gametime for established guys and basically serves as a glorified combine for fringe guys and rookies battling for their careers.

As always the almighty dollar wins out as the AFL's entire wage structure relies on 2 of each 'blockbuster/rivalry' per year, but general health and playing standards would increase if we didn't flog these blokes like packhorses 10 months a year.

Heard Malthouse on the radio during my drive home yesterday and he made what I thought was a suggestion worthy of consideration. If quarters were to be shortened from their current 20 mins + time on (which frequently blows out close to 30 mins as we know) to perhaps 15 mins + time on then the cumulative affect could be a sizeable load reduction on players across the season. The TV stations still get the same number of games across the season and may even be attracted to the change as it could more easily fit into a 2 hour broadcast window. Food for thought?

Current results are 71 votes for yes, 50 for no. They could finish as low as 12th and get pick 7, although 9th or 10th would be more likely.

cRowey continually calling Robbie a coaches pet is a little condescending, it's a well earned accolade & he deserves better than that. I doubt he'd be calling Danger a coaches pet if he was good enough to win an award of that standard.

Bowling for Soup should record a song call Primary School Never Ends just for cRowie. Will this guy ever make it to adolescence mentally?

I didn't think Rowe was too bad today. He is really opposed to cows fans having more access to ports home final.

Didn't take his coaches pet stuff too seriously. Leigh Matthews said it was the award with the most credibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back