Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 27

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Year 1- no chance, bottoming out
Year 2- mathematical chance (WC’s current position)
Year 3- pushing for finals
Year 4- it’s a fail if they don’t play finals
Year 5- finals

I should be in sports media.
They have got that being competitive at home back.
Still a long way off as there older players are having a resurgence but the bottom line is they will be gone soon.

Old news, but I just read that aiden o'driscoll has retired from football at age 18. I remember he received a very bad concussion at pre-season training with the bulldogs. I was hoping port would take him with a late pick in the draft. He was very fast and showed some nice glimpses in the championships last year. Thankfully he is an afl setting and should be looked after by the club to move on with a normal non afl life. Its such a shame that a pre-season knock destroys your shot at an afl career before it started. Hopefully he doesn't have any major impact upon his quality if life.

State of Origin is a thing of the past in my view, but I heard some dipstick on SEN saying all of the best players at Crows and Port are Victorians.. aside from Butters who are they?

Off the top of my head JHF, Rozee & Rankine are a pretty handy starting midfield for SA.

State of Origin is a thing of the past in my view, but I heard some dipstick on SEN saying all of the best players at Crows and Port are Victorians.. aside from Butters who are they?

Off the top of my head JHF, Rozee & Rankine are a pretty handy starting midfield for SA.
Yes Butters, & Houston maybe, but definitely not Evans.

It drops away very quickly after Rozee and JHF though. Zerk-Thatcher would be our third best SA player and after that you'd be down to relative fringe players like Burton, Burgoyne, Jones, Mead, etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It drops away very quickly after Rozee and JHF though. Zerk-Thatcher would be our third best SA player and after that you'd be down to relative fringe players like Burton, Burgoyne, Jones, Mead, etc.
Who would be the coach of SA anyway?
The only current day assistant or coach I could think of capable is Choc Williams lol.

Yea, all you'd need is a crack midfield for origin though there were times they picked SANFL players as well as V/AFL players and beat Victoria. Different eras I know, but you can get away with fringers if the top end is elite.

Yea, all you'd need is a crack midfield for origin though there were times they picked SANFL players as well as V/AFL players and beat Victoria. Different eras I know, but you can get away with fringers if the top end is elite.
That might be right at the back end of origin but there was a time when South Australia had elite talent all over the ground.
Players like Sticks Kernahan, Martin Leslie, Craig Bradley,Peter Motley, Mark Naley, John Platten, Darren Jarman… you could go on for ages.

That might be right at the back end of origin but there was a time when South Australia had elite talent all over the ground.
Players like Sticks Kernahan, Martin Leslie, Craig Bradley,Peter Motley, Mark Naley, John Platten, Darren Jarman… you could go on for ages.
Yea no doubt, you could however cobble together a pretty decent team at present with an elite midfield.

They only need to gel for one game even McCreery, Luko, Fog etc is an ok cobbled forward line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back