Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crows coach Matthew Nicks will resist the temptation to plug Rory Sloane or Ben Keays in at centre bounces against a strong-bodied Richmond midfield, backing in his younger players.
Adelaide’s midfield performances impressed Nicks over the pre-season and there was no urgent need to change plans following the disappointing round 1 loss to GWS, he said.
Jake Soligo (16 disposals and four clearances) and Harry Schoenberg (16 and two clearances) were the preferred options to accompany Rory Laird and Sam Berry at centre bounces against the Giants, with Nicks adamant the young pair deserved time to settle into the season.
They will face the daunting task at centre bounces of Dion Prestia and Richmond’s two new inside bulls, Tim Taranto and Jacob Hopper.
“We’ve still got a lot of faith in the young group,” Nicks said.

Players won't necessarily translate to support. Most clubs continue to break or push membership records. Ratings continue to grow. TV deals grow. There's probably a record number of people that are betting on footy. Social media followers of players and personalities and clubs only go one way.

Also I have experienced guys who weren't all that interested in sport as a kid becoming interested as a teen and adult. Although that could be because I lived before social media and back then in a small town if you wanted to be a someone you had to play a sport.

You go have a chat to a old teen or young guy and talk about how the game and league sucks compared to past times and see how engaged they are in your point of view.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
I do, daily, the engagement and interest has plummeted! Though the number balance between Crows and Port has definitely moved Port's way.

Early days for Ratugolea as a key defender atm but from what I have seen so far he is a very one dimensional player who hasn't yet worked out that going for a spoil to kill the contest can often be the best option.
We trolled Geelong by making a fake play for Ratugolea and threatening to turn him into an AA-tier key defender.

Crows coach Matthew Nicks will resist the temptation to plug Rory Sloane or Ben Keays in at centre bounces against a strong-bodied Richmond midfield, backing in his younger players.
lol - Matthew Nicks will resist the temptation to smash his own utensil with a hammer.

Possibly, I tend to ebb & flow I mean of course you are weary after umpteen years of Hinkleyball but the way we played last weekend sent tingles of reinvigoration to my pecker.
We need a flag to help judge whether the malaise the club's been in is the cause of people losing interest, or if it's something deeper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide’s midfield performances impressed Nicks over the pre-season and there was no urgent need to change plans following the disappointing round 1 loss to GWS, he said.
Jake Soligo (16 disposals and four clearances) and Harry Schoenberg (16 and two clearances) were the preferred options to accompany Rory Laird and Sam Berry at centre bounces against the Giants, with Nicks adamant the young pair deserved time to settle into the season.
They will face the daunting task at centre bounces of Dion Prestia and Richmond’s two new inside bulls, Tim Taranto and Jacob Hopper.
I doubt that lasts til round 3.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Possibly, I tend to ebb & flow I mean of course you are weary after umpteen years of Hinkleyball but the way we played last weekend sent tingles of reinvigoration to my pecker.

If Port continues performing like that and he delivers a flag I’ll happily blow raspberries on his excess scrotum skin.

If Port continues performing like that and he delivers a flag I’ll happily blow raspberries on his excess scrotum skin.

I would accept 1 of my exs if she came back with a better personality and body but let's accept reality here 😆

I agree. But isn't it normal to lose your passion for sports as you age? I kind of feel that way myself.
Definitely think perspective comes into it more and more. I'm realising it isn't life and death as I get older, but mainly because of how hard it is to win the thing, and how hopeless I feel as a supporter. Especially given our clubs hopeless situation, and our inability to trigger the change we desperately need.

Be interesting to see the attendance tonight for the Lions/Dees game, up against a sold out first local derby rugby league match between Dolphins and Broncos. Crowds in Vic are Ok with Collingwood Carlton resurge, but I fear for QLD, with GC (still crappy) and even the lions who have greater competition now.

People are just aging out of AFL and don't like change. Crowds are still big.

Get rid of Hinkley and some of the passion would come back
It's not all age.

The game is changing and the culture within the game is changing quickly. When a band changes genres they might lose some fans. The AFL is like that, changing styles.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Be interesting to see the attendance tonight for the Lions/Dees game, up against a sold out first local derby rugby league match between Dolphins and Broncos. Crowds in Vic are Ok with Collingwood Carlton resurge, but I fear for QLD, with GC (still crappy) and even the lions who have greater competition now.

I don't reckon there'd be a lot of crossover between Aussie Rules and Rugbaleeg fans though. Some might stay away just because of traffic/public transport congestion concerns.

They didn't even want to pick Schoenberg last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back