Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like Africa has recently discovered Twitter/X - for years I've been keeping up with AFL news/gossip/bullshit via the #AFL hashtag, but lately that's been infested by posts about the African Football League (soccer). It was swamped with them this morning. I wonder if they realise what that little cup icon means next to the hashtag...

Saying what every football supporter knows already but this bye weekend is utter cr@p.

It kills off any excitement for supporters knowing their team has made the finals and the farewells for players and teams who didn't make it. It even kills off the excitement of the announcement of the AA team and individual player awards.

Andrew Dillon has to kill this break off for next year and beyond and inse\ert it into the week before the Grand Final when concussion protocols might prevent players from taking part in the last dance.
I have enjoyed focusing on work and making extra money.

Great Scott, we're going back to the future!

Michael J Fox Shock GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

Last edited:
Gimmick band for 1970s pubescents. Give me Slade any day.

Looks like they put Andy back in charge of entertainment. Have you thought about a big 70s act?

So many good young Australian musos around, who wouldn't love hearing Dune Rats covering Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again, or The Chats performing 6 Litre GTR. Teen Jesus and the Jean Teasers, The Buoys... come on AFL, KISS don't need another super payout.

Looks like they put Andy back in charge of entertainment. Have you thought about a big 70s act?

So many good young Australian musos around, who wouldn't love hearing Dune Rats covering Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again, or The Chats performing 6 Litre GTR. Teen Jesus and the Jean Teasers, The Buoys... come on AFL, KISS don't need another super payout.
The Chats would be excellent just for the confused Boomers. I'd be logging in with bated breath waiting for raptalia's thoughts on Smoko.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm fully expecting those woke bastards at the AFL to replace Advance Australia Fair with Farnsey's You're The Voice. Bring back our Julie Anthony!

Oh yes, the excitement of AA and individual player rewards. That was always certainly a thing.

I used to watch it every year with my fingers crossed for the likes of Tredders, Ladey, Wings, Boaky & ‘Robert’.

This year I waited for social media reports to drizzle in.

Malaise.

(Or insulating myself from Ted-nausea, perhaps).

Great Scott, we're going back to the future!

Michael J Fox Shock GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

My ******* god.

It’s the same old white dudes at a corporation picking up the phone to call the same old white dudes at another corporation to see whose available, who calls around a bunch of their old white dude mates who get on the blower to old white dude band.

Just cancel Earth already. It’s a botched experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back