Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Selwood no Geelong wins in the tight games.

Geelong will win plenty of games but Selwood won / saved so many tight games for the cats over 16 seasons.
Extremely hard player to replace.
His longevity,his consistency.Forcing contests around the footy
Geelongs midfield been split open first two games without Joel.

Ban stands
As it was always going to.

Crows sending their high powered silk in to argue legalise on every aspect of the charge two nights running was showboating.

Even if you win the arguments you will never win the case and the 'my KC is better than your KC' stuff is playing straight into the AFL honey trap.

Because unless you are from Melbourne where everyone knows where everyone else's bodies are buried in the AFL world, you ain't got a chance in hell.

The rules are just there to make it look like there's a level playing field. And getting high powered lawyers to argue footy tribunal cases, as if the rules of the game are legislation and decisions of past tribunals serve as precedent, gives the farce of AFL adjudication a credibility it doesn't deserve.

Last edited:

Only catched the last 5 minutes
Was carlton good or geelong bad?

How much does it take away from Collingwoods win last week
Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong will be fine. They're without Stewart, Duncan and a bunch of other decent players and still only narrowly went down to Collingwood and Carlton, who will both finish top 6 IMO.

Their next 3 are SUNS, Hawks and Eagles so they'll go 3-2. Then they've got 9 of their last 18 at GMHBA. They'll still get to 15 wins minimum.

Don't cry for Geelong, their next 5 games are:
Gold Coast
Hawthorn
West Coast
Sydney (in Geelong)
Essendon
Adelaide
Win the premiership and then get 6 of their first 8 games against non-finalists to start their year off. I'd like to say unbelievable but the sad thing is it doesn't surprise me at all anymore. I hope they * up this dream fixture they've been given and fall in a heap

Geelong will be fine. They're without Stewart, Duncan and a bunch of other decent players and still only narrowly went down to Collingwood and Carlton, who will both finish top 6 IMO.

Their next 3 are SUNS, Hawks and Eagles so they'll go 3-2. Then they've got 9 of their last 18 at GMHBA. They'll still get to 15 wins minimum.

But I don't want them to be fine TeeKray

How the hell do the reigning premier's get such a soft draw.

Suns, Hawks, Eagles, Sydney, Essendon, Adelaide

Basically all the bottom sides from last year except Sydney, and they draw Sydney at home.

They'll be 6-2 in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back