Review Autopsy Thread - Dogs v GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

It's been a terrible year, other than a few younger players tearing it up. Can't wait for Bonts and String to get bigger tanks.

We let EVERY team score piss easy goals against us. The back 6 is a massive worry, but the defense up the ground has been appalling. Does any other team allow as many fast break goals as us?

Our structure and game plan is hopeless. 3 years and there's little cohesion on either side of the ball.

The bottom line is that we seem to make more mistakes than all others, that's the players fault or it could be that I'm more watchful and critical of my own team. My own opinion is that we haven't enough experience between the senior players and young, ie 24 to 28 age group.

Positive - we get pick pick 5. We will get one of McCartin, Wright, Petracca, Brayshaw or Lever. Hopefully with a few decent picks we can land a decent mature KPP too in a trade.

Negative - a s*** feeling in our stomachs for next 6 months.

Would give up a lot to get Hoskin Elliott also!
Will be pick 6 after the frawley compo pick.

Welcome to the summer of shame guys. 7 months to chew on it. Thank God that shiteful season is over. More painful than 2012 IMO. So much to say, but tonight isn't the time to be saying it.

Been a member for 15 years, this is the first time I haven't seen a win live - that hurts.

Didn't look to be a great deal of care out there today, pretty disappointing for Gia. List is in need of a big cleanout, today showed that pretty clearly.

But, you know, eternal optimism! It's a rough ride out west :p

The bottom line is that we seem to make more mistakes than all others, that's the players fault or it could be that I'm more watchful and critical of my own team. My own opinion is that we haven't enough experience between the senior players and young, ie 24 to 28 age group.
Think this why McCrae was in the gun earlier in the season. We have some many young bodies in the middle now and they have still have a lot to learn.

Agree, change the NBA to NHL though.

Agree, change the NBA to NHL though- then chuck in the business end of MLB, NFL, EPL, and Test cricket. Summer is great for sports watching!

Cheers to the (four) Dogs supporters who showed up at the Inglewood Hotel today in Perth... but where were all the WA Supporters Club members? How many times do I have to be the only Dogs member in the whole place? If nobody shows up, not even committee members, the pub will withdraw support. Anyway, poor bugger me.

It's the membership staff I feel sorry for- 6 months of disenchantment will do wonders for the club's grand plan to rebuild in time to lose the 2023 prelim. Sorry, very disheartened right now, but I feel like I'm pulling my weight, at the same time as Tom Young thinks that lazily waving an arm around like a sock on a washing line is a tackle.

Oh well, as we say every year, there's always next year.

Yep, we let them play the open paddock forward line for the whole game. They scored goal after goal kicking into space in their forward line and running onto it, and we did nothing tactically to try to beat this.
At least 7 goals from this yet did not set up once to defend it

We are the slowest team in the comp and in the bottom three for skills ball movement.

Macrae, Bonti and Johannisen are the only midfielders that have been introduced during the Macca years that have flair and or pace.

Sick of the Media banging on about bloody key forwards when it comes to the Bulldogs. It wont matter if we get a superstar up there, it would be no use as the ball movement and skills are crap.

Macca spent his whole first year banging on about bloody "contests" which was an area we weren't all that bad in to begin with.

Please we need pace and skill as much as we need key position players. No more mid sized forwards or inside midfielders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope, my avatar has my EPL team listed

Tottenham?? Really!!!

Lol

Actually think you will win tonite, you blokes going ok and we a lot of new players haven't clicked yet

And what will Super Mario serve up?? At least it won't be boring

Tottenham?? Really!!!

Lol

Actually think you will win tonite, you blokes going ok and we a lot of new players haven't clicked yet

And what will Super Mario serve up?? At least it won't be boring
Never believe we will not win MD, Super Mario to score a brace

Since the final siren I have gone from feeling enraged to sad to just plain despair.

I have so many things that I'm angry about I could almost break Bigfooty's bandwidth just listing them all.

Ok, to start...what an absolutely insipid and disgraceful performance that was today. This was GWS, missing about five key players, who have never won at Etihad, and us, with a retiring and much loved club champion who the players all professed to love and want to send off in style, and we put in that weak, unprofessional, passionless and just downright awful performance.

Despite being so angry I still at the same time feel a touch relieved that we lost, because we absolutely deserved it, and the players deserve to feel ashamed.

The first quarter, and the first half, and not for the first time, was just disgraceful. The way in which we have started games recently is so bad, and whilst I'm not normally in a rush to bash McCartney, the fact that this continues to be an issue is damning on him, as well as the players.

Our skill errors are embarrassing. Our kicking for goal is dreadful. Our spread...do we even have one?

This entire playing group and coaching group need to have a thorough review of everything. All of them have been given enough time and patience by the media and by us fans for losses like today to be unacceptable.

I cannot even think of more gripes to list. They're too many.

Just an utterly depressing way to finish the season. Something has to change. We've been given enough time.

We are the slowest team in the comp and in the bottom three for skills ball movement.

Macrae, Bonti and Johannisen are the only midfielders that have been introduced during the Macca years that have flair and or pace.

Sick of the Media banging on about bloody key forwards when it comes to the Bulldogs. It wont matter if we get a superstar up there, it would be no use as the ball movement and skills are crap.

Macca spent his whole first year banging on about bloody "contests" which was an area we weren't all that bad in to begin with.

Please we need pace and skill as much as we need key position players. No more mid sized forwards or inside midfielders.

I agree the team is to slow - another one of the over 30yo players should be retired but we still need a bigger bodied player to take contested marks down there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back